Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No replay but I had a Sylveon use a Fairy Type Hyper Voice while Galarian Weezing with Neutralizing Gas was on the field.

I used Pain Split when my Weezing was at 8% HP and the opposing Snorlax was at 57% HP. The Snorlax healed to 100% (before trying to use Rest).

This seems to be the same bug Tommaniacal (and maybe others, didn't check) reported.

Replay Link (Turn 11)
1575527149340.png

1575527185136.png

Someone pin this, because otherwise this thread will get flooded: Pain Split IS bugged and fully heals the target no matter what HP the combatants have. WE KNOW. There are a literal million of Gen 8 bugs to fix, get in line guys (altough in my personal opinion, everything about Gen 8 is bottom priority, this abomination shouldn't be recognized as even a game).

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
For some reason, the National Dex won't allow a team that has Melmetal on it, declaring it as unreleased despite also having Kyurem.
That's because it is unreleased. Kyurem is released from the Gen 7 side of things, while Melmetal was never in Gen 7 and hasn't been released in Gen 8 yet.

That's because it is unreleased. Kyurem is released from the Gen 7 side of things, while Melmetal was never in Gen 7 and hasn't been released in Gen 8 yet.
"11. :Chimchar: All Pokemon Home updates have been released prematurely. That means that Meltan and Melmetal are legal now, as well as any moves that wouldn't have been legal until old transfers were possible (i.e. Flygon learns Defog in Gen 7 but not in Gen 8, but in National Dex formats it can use Defog right now)."
(https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/national-dex-mechanics-thread.3656786/)

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Replay here : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1023617828-pulx60gn6jh8grn5tr9ncwgy81ul51mpw

I didn't really notice before, nor did I know if it was in the main game or not. But Flygon, which holds a Life Orb, only takes 5% of recoil damage while Dynamax instead of the usual 10% (which would make more sense given the laws behing proportionality).
Life Orb recoil (and other things) use the base HP not the dynamax HP. Your HP is doubled while dynamaxed so percent wise, you lose half as much HP. (With actual numbers, the amount is the same).

Dragon Darts didn't double attack the Indeedee. On cartridge, in doubles, if there is a fairy type or a pokemon that is protecting on the opposing side, dragon darts will double attack the other opposing pokemon.
The replay expired but I have the html if anyone needs it

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Although the non-National Dex Anything Goes was removed from the roster that appears when you select the battle format, I still see it when you try to select the format for teams, for battles to watch, when challenging others, etc.
bug-challenge-battle.PNG

bug-teambuilder.PNG

bug-watch-battles.PNG

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Although the non-National Dex Anything Goes was removed from the roster that appears when you select the battle format, I still see it when you try to select the format for teams, for battles to watch, when challenging others, etc.
Gen 8 sw/sh AG is available through challenges. not sure why you're thinking this is a bug, unless it happens to be unintended, which someone could correct me on that.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
BUG REPORT: Sylveon's Hyper Voice is called Max Strike on Cart, but it will activate Max Starfall & setup Misty Terrain instead of the Max Strike effect. It does not lower speed like the simulator proceeds to do.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Gen 8 sw/sh AG is available through challenges. not sure why you're thinking this is a bug, unless it happens to be unintended, which someone could correct me on that.
The Sw/Sh AG was removed in favor of the National Dex AG which is why it isn't available as a battle format.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
The Sw/Sh AG was removed in favor of the National Dex AG which is why it isn't available as a battle format.
It however still is a challenge only format like Dawn of ares mentioned, as a result like most formats its an option in the teambuilder when building a team, and its also avaliable when challenging a user and when searching active battles.

Not a bug.

Someone pin this, because otherwise this thread will get flooded: Pain Split IS bugged and fully heals the target no matter what HP the combatants have. WE KNOW. There are a literal million of Gen 8 bugs to fix, get in line guys (altough in my personal opinion, everything about Gen 8 is bottom priority, this abomination shouldn't be recognized as even a game).
My situation with pain split was in gen 7 random, so it isn't just a gen 8 bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)