ORAS LC Bulky Classic

[LC] Bulky Classic

Just sorry for my bad english :/ (i'm french)

When I restarted Showdown, i didn't want to play OU or Uber. There are too Primo-groudon in Uber, so i don't like it. And the AG is disgusting. ORAS OU is a good tier, but someone recommanded me LC.

So this team is a classic bulky offense / balanced. I reached the rank 37 on the ladder : ok it's not awesome, but i have slackness to resume to play and to think on the ladder.

Just before starting : i didn't invent this team, a lot of player use it, but with other moves. Just someone recommanded me it to restart Pokemon, and i adjust the team to my style of play.

The team

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Level: 5
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

My favorite pokemon. For me, he is just the best in LC. With the scarf, i can RK a lot of pokemon. Sometime, i can spam Volt Switch when i want. Drilbur can't kill me except the scarf or when the SS is on. The cover Water / Electric / Ice is excellent in LC. For the last move, i choose HP Ground because i can RK Magnemite, Pawniard sometime or win over an other Chinchou...so Chinchou is here to finish my opponent team. I can lead too with it : i can place a Pokemon with his Volt Switch.
I just don't like his power, but it's not his role in this team.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

The Fighting types are sooooo good in LC. A team without one have a lot of chance to be a bad team. I think that Mienfoo is the best Fighting type in LC. His abilty is very good for his life, his speed is monstrous, and he can weaken the opponent team to ease the work of Chinchou. Drain Punch is better than HJK because i can regain HPs, and the power of the move isn't ridiculous. U-Turn is just mandatory here. With it, i have a VolTurn core with Chinchou. That's good to break a lot of team, and the pokemons are fast, so it's easier.
Mienfoo is the best Fighting type here, because he can pit the other team to facilitate the work of Loupio. Knock Off can remove items like Berry Juice or Eviolite so... Stone Edge allows to beat the Flying types on a switch. So the Fairys are dangerous but it's not a big problem.

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 SpA / 80 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute

The last sweeper, very fast, and has a big power. His role is not to finish the opponent team but to pit it with Mienfoo to Chinchou. thanks to it, a lot of pokemon have 20-25% at the end of the game, and Chinchou can kill them. Shadow Ball is his best STABB. Sludge Bomb kills the boring Fairys. I have HP Fighting instead of Dazzling Gleam because Pawniard is disturbing for the team. Finally, the last move is Substitute. In front of Gastly, the opponent often switches. His cover and his power are good so i can weaken the team for Chinchou on a sub.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
The first "staller". He does his work 90% of the time : to put the rocks, very important for the team, and to "beat" the fast sweepers, the scarfs or the Fighting types with T-Wave. Even without Eviolite, he is rarely OHKO, so he can do minimum one task. For exemple, the Fighting pokemons can be "beaten" with a T-Wave or a Knock Off on a switch, it's very useful. Finally, Bullet Seed is here to piss the pokemons like Onix, Chinchou, or the SS teams.

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Defog

A real troll. Really. He is too bulky. Because i must often switch with this team, have a defogger / spinner was mandatory. It's his first role. Mostly, the Sticky Web is really shitting for my team. Knock Off is classic, a pokemon without his object is so bad... Roost is here to heal . Finally, Brave Bird is here for the Fighting types : it will reduce his staying power but it's not really a problem. His is a check to abra too, and it's very nice because this shit is very dangerous. That's all.

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Spritzee. Discreet, but so important ! Very difficult to kill him. The 3 sweepers are fragiles, and his is the solution. He can wall and heal with Wish. Protect works with it, and i'm sure to win in front of a Fight with HJK. Aromatherapy works with the moves to stall to, and because the statuts are not good for my team. Finally, Moonblast is classic and he can stay in the type of the team : the offense.
Spritzee beat the Fights.

He is discreet, but so important !

Nothing more too.​

Operation of the team
The goal is to prepare the ground for Chinchou. He often finish the game but he can lead or break sash etc...during the game with Volt Switch.

During the game, i use VolTurn to put pressure, and use Gastly too because he is just amazing to damage. But i don't use that strategy only because my opponent can anticipate me easily. Vulbaby and Spritzee can destroy Fighting types, with a little help by Gastly. Ferroseed must use SR and it's not too difficult with the VolTurn.

At the end, i usually have Chinchou and Mienfoo. With their speeds, finish the game is easy, and Chinchou is "build" to beat the others Late Game Sweepers.

Of course, this strategy request mindgame, or you lost pokemon very quickly.

No replay sorry :/

Threat List

- Porygon : pretty boring, if i see it i must keep Mienfoo at least, if not that's shit. The defensive is boring, he is bulky and must kill me with Psychic.

- Magnemite : SR and Chinchou are my friends. Even if Ferroseed will be trapkill.

- Foongus : he can be red, but i have Vulbaby + Chinchou. gastly finish it.

- Croagunk : the worst for me. Chinchou is useless (HP Ground is ridiculous), Vulbaby can kill it but it's way. He can destroy 4/5/6 pokemons. So, usually, ferroseed use T-Wave and dies, and i send Gastly to sub.

- Pawniard : already explain , gastly can help me with Mienfoo but it's delicate.

- Shelder / Clamperl / Omanyte / Zigzagoon / Magby/ Set Up Sweepers generally : musn't SS, Belly Drum...so Ferroseed is here and Chinchou outspeed and RK generally, Spritzee can help sometime.

There are surely other pokemons, but they aren't often play. You can let me other too.
Importable

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 SpA / 80 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Defog
Thanks

- Thanks to Chirac because he gave me the idea of team and because he help me when i restart the strat' :)

- Thanks a lot to Adri, he arranged little things in the team.

Conclusion

I stop here ! I hope that you like the RMT, you can use the team, even i am going to use it again. I listen to all the commentarys of course !
Good reading !

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi Marxx, really solid team you have there. I just have a couple of really quick suggestions that might help to shorten your threat list:

High Jump Kick over Stone Edge on Mienfoo lets you OHKO standard Download Porygon after Stealth Rock before Porygon OHKOes in return with Psychic, and does a comparable amount of damage to Stone Edge against the most common Flying-types in Vullaby and Fletchling (you're better off using Knock Off against Drifloon). Fast Mienfoo unfortunately doesn't have the special bulk to safely switch in on Porygon directly, but a few smart switches to let Mienfoo in on the Hidden Power or even Tri Attack, or just coming in on the revenge-kill, should suffice. If Croagunk is particularly troublesome, you could consider replacing Drain Punch with Acrobatics, although High Jump Kick already does 9-10 HP damage if you manage to Knock Off Croagunk earlier on.

Leech Seed on Ferroseed is generally better off for extremely defensive teams, since two HP damage per turn isn't usually too significant in more fast-paced games. Running Knock Off over Leech Seed would let Ferroseed permanently cripple Magnemite, Porygon, and Foongus, as well as the various common Fighting-type switch-ins (including Croagunk), making it much easier for Gastly to KO them later on.

Scarf Chinchou doesn't outspeed standard Shellder after a Shell Smash; however, as long as you maintain Ferroseed's and/or Spritzee's Eviolites, they'll be able to tank a boosted attack and hit hard in return.

That's all I have to say. Great work, and good luck!

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm a little delayed but...

Your team is constructed in such a way most suggestions really don't improve the team. For example Gydro Pump on Chinchou allows for it to clean a little better and hit some pokemon much harder, but you don't have the room for it unless you drop Scald or Ice Beam, which you really cannot. Additionally High Jump Kick on Mienfoo can help reduce Croagunk ability to be a threat (it does about 40% to it after a Knock Off) but this doesn't help too much by itself. HJK also means that Larvesta and Ponyta become rather large problems for your team, and with sr up basically sweep you. You can fix this some by dropping Drain Punch, however you noted your dislike for High Jump Kick since it doesn't heal. You don't need the healing much honestly, you have U-turn for that anyway. The only suggestion which always makes the team better, and you don't seem against already, is Knock Off > Leech Seed on Ferroseed as Levi suggested.

Additionally you could try Hidden Power Ground on Gastly, as this OHKOes Scarf Pawniard still, while Eviolite Pawniard takes 76% (switching into anything will mean Pawniard dies) and Stunky is 2HKOed. Berry Juice Stunky is usually OHKOed after Rocks damage as well. Croagunk will also take a mildly higher percentage from HP Ground which somewhat helps. However, this change makes you weaker to Ferroseed.

Your team really likes to use Spritzee and Ferroseed and Mienfoo for so much of the game, replacing anything with them is really not an option. But this leaves you with needing proactive pokemon who check Fletchling, check Drifloon, check gastly, have speed, checks Aipom, spin support, and some defensive utility. You really can't do that perfectly in 3 slots. The only real way to make a more solid team is to start anew; what you have here is fine for now though.

Cheers!

Hey !
First, thanks to you, really.

I read all of your advices, and they are very relevant.
I had Knock Off on Leech Seed before, but someone advised me Leech Seed and I think I'll re-use Knock Off wich is better.
I think that replace Stone Edge by HJK can be a good idea, and i will try it, but i'm afraid to be lower on a switch to fletcling...

Finally, thanks again for your advices, and it's really friendly to recognize that the team is solid :)

Ok, so i tested yours suggestions :
- i replaced Knock Off over Leech Seed, like before.
- the others suggestions weren't advantages for me, espcially the haxx isn't with me, and HJK missed a lot.

Thanks to you, and good reading if you have not read this RMT yet !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)