SS OU Bulky Hazard Team

Hey Guys this is my First Time Posting a Team I have created and Successfully Tested, Please Review and Share your Thoughts.

Excadrill (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
-------------
Excadrill to Lead and Reliably set Rocks and pressure Chansey/Blissey/Clefable/Heatran/Excadrill to deter them from setting Rocks for opposition.

=>The EVs provide Max Speed and Max Attack to get full use of its Lead Position and Rapid Spin.

-Rapid Spin to remove hazards alongwith increasing speed to outspeed other defoggers/Excadrill

-Stealth Rock to pressure opposition to loose constant health and hit flying/ice types and other neutral types to make KOs Easier.

-Earthquake to Smack other Excadrill Chansey/Blissey/Clefable/Heatran/Excadrill alongwith plethora of types neutral to it.

-Iron Head to Hit pokemon resisting earthquake like Rillaboom, on the Switch.

=====================
Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
-------------
Bulky Soul Dew Latios to Wallbreak and hit hard on everything with its Stab Combination.

=>The EVs are set to give max Bulk along With the Power to Wallbreak.

-Recover for Recover and Staying Healthy to cme back again and again.

-Psychic to hit the different fighting/poison types

-Draco Meteor to smack Pokemon resistant or immune to Psychic

-Defog to provide aother method to remove the hazards if Excadrill cant spin or has fainted.

======================
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover
-------------
Physically Defensive Toxapex to take physical hits and remove stat boosts.

=>Max Def and HP to tank Physical Hits even after a boost or two and then Haze the boosts if required.

-Scald to Cripple all the physical attackers like Rillaboom, Landorus-T, Garchomp, Kartana, Melmetal, Excadrill and many others.

-Toxic Spikes to help in Weaken the Opposition to be Swept by the Teams Hard Hitters like Latios, Rilllaboom and Excadrill and helping in stalling also.

-Haze to Remove any Boosts from opponent especially Physiucally Offensive Pokemon.

-Recover to stay Healthy For longer and Toxic Stalling.

=======================
Mandibuzz (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn
-------------
MandiBuzz to punish the Opponents with Rocky Helmet Chip Damage while also countering Dragapult and Kartana.

=>EV Spread is for tanking Physical Hits along with Draco Meteors from Dragapult, Kingdra, Latios.

-Foul Play to make the many Physical Attackers pay for keeping those EVs in Attack Stat, OHKOs Dragapult also after Stealth Rock

-Taunt to Stop Status Move Abusers like Corviknight, Toxapex, Chansey and Bissey.

-Roost for Recovery.

-U-turn to provide Slow Pivot to Rillaboom, Latios and Excadrill and get good chip damage on Latios/Rillaboom/Slow Twins/Hydriegon

==========================

Rillaboom (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off
-------------
Ch-Band Rillabooom to Wallbreak along with Latios from the Physical Side

=>Max Attack and Max Speed to at Least Speed Tie with Fini, Nidoking and other Rillaboom

-Grassy Glide Reliable Strong Priority Smack to get KOs on Variaous Weakened Pokemon after Hazards like Water Types/Nidoking/Tyranitar.

-Superpower to Hit Steel Types like Heatran(on Switch mostly), Excadrill,Kartana and Ferrothorn(guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and Grassy Terrain recovery if Impish Nature)

-U-turn to get out of Unfavorable matchups and get some Chip Damage

-Knock Off to hit everything not Dark hard alongwith removing Itemas like Heavy Duty Boots from Volcorona, Moltres, Zapdos etc.

==========================
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Earthquake
-------------
Specially Defensive Swampert to Wall the powerful Special Attackers like Nidoking, Zapdos, Latios.

=>The Evs Maximize the Special Bulk to Check optimally all the Special Attackers of OU (apart from Volcorona with Giga Drain)

-Rest to heal off damage and Status, thus making it status absorber for the team

-Sleep Talk to keep Pressuring with Two Stabs while asleep.

-Scald to Cripple Pokémon who may come in to attack from physical side and also getting potential burn damage on Specially attacking Pokémon too.

-Earthquake to hit Water Types and Special Walls like Blissey harder than Scald can.

Also providing a Links to Show the Team Demo:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1291866742
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1291930062
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1291935899

Please share your valuable Suggestions and Improvements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fc

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hi, the team looks pretty cool as a build, Latios is always a great breaker as is CB Rillaboom, but I think quite a few sets and 1 mon should be changed up to improve the consistency in it.

Major Changes:
:excadrill: --> :zeraora:
This sash Excadrill set should be reserved only for full Hyper Offense, and isn't really effective outside of that since it has no longevity and doesn't provide much overall like normal support or sweeping drill would. The team already has a great Stealth Rock option in Swampert, so I figured removing this Excadrill was the best choice overall. With that in mind, I think Zeraora is a great fit for the team. The 2 main breakers in Latios and Rillaboom struggle heavily to break Corviknight, and this can pressure it very well while forming a strong pivoting core with Rillaboom and Swampert. It also improves one of the worst mu's I was able to see, being Nasty Plot Tornadus-t which outsped and broke almost every mon by itself if things were chipped a bit. I think this fits in really well overall and should improve some problem mu's overall.
Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Minor Changes:
:latios:
:soul-dew: --> :life-orb:
Bulky Offensive set --> Fast Offensive Breaker

The standard Life Orb Latios will do much better offensively here. Not taking advantage of its speed is quite bad since that's one big thing it has where it can revenge stuff like Garchomp, and the bulk isn't high enough to do much with. Life Orb just gives a lot more power than Soul Dew while benefitting the non STAB moves as well, and Roost can help sustain it even through the recoil.
Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Aura Sphere
:mandibuzz:
:rocky-helmet: --> :heavy-duty-boots:
Taunt --> Defog
Physically Defensive --> Mixed Defensive

I'm taking from the standard spread on the strategy dex here, and I think it's a much better fit overall. The Sp.def lets it always live 2 Specs Dragapult dracos, and it overall improves the versatility of the mon. Boots is always the preferred item no matter the rest of the team since it really enjoys taking no damage from Stealth Rock, and Defog on Latios was removed because it's inferior to Defog on Mandibuzz, so putting it over Taunt is best.
Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

:toxapex:
Toxic Spikes --> Toxic
Optional: :black-sludge: --> :rocky-helmet:
Small change, but the Dragonite MU looked quite rough and I just figured Toxic could help chip that for Mandibuzz overall. Rocky Helmet is quite good for just chipping anything clicking attacks at it and making progress in a longer game, but Black Sludge is a good item overall so it's something optional as well.

:swampert:
Rest Talk --> Stealth Rock Toxic
Scald --> Flip Turn
Earthquake --> High Horsepower

I understand the usefulness of Rest on a mon like Swampert, but I don't feel like it's needed especially since it's the preferred Stealth Rock user for the original team since it does the job better than Excadrill on Balance. Toxic just chips things which is always good, Flip Turn is a huge reason Swampert is as good as it is because the momentum gain is huge, and Grassy Terrain from Rillaboom weakens Earthquake so High Horsepower is better. Sassy Nature and 0 speed ivs is to get the slowest Flip Turn possible for momentum, just the standard dex set once again.
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- High Horsepower
- Toxic

:rillaboom:
Superpower --> Wood Hammer
Jolly --> Adamant

Going back to the dex for this sample set, I think it works a bit better overall, since Adamant improves the power a lot and CB Wood Hammer just hits so hard overall. Nothing much to say, just makes the mon a ton more powerful.

Updated RMT (pokepast.es)
Here's the updated RMT, I hope you like the changes! The core was really cool, just the Excadrill was trying to fit in on an archetype it didn't so a fast mon that fixed the tougher mu's like Zeraora seemed to fit. The rest was just switching up some sets to match the standard ones in the strategy dex which I think are a lot more consistent and better overall, so I think these changes should make the team shine with the main ideas.

Hi, the team looks pretty cool as a build, Latios is always a great breaker as is CB Rillaboom, but I think quite a few sets and 1 mon should be changed up to improve the consistency in it.

Major Changes:
:excadrill: --> :zeraora:
This sash Excadrill set should be reserved only for full Hyper Offense, and isn't really effective outside of that since it has no longevity and doesn't provide much overall like normal support or sweeping drill would. The team already has a great Stealth Rock option in Swampert, so I figured removing this Excadrill was the best choice overall. With that in mind, I think Zeraora is a great fit for the team. The 2 main breakers in Latios and Rillaboom struggle heavily to break Corviknight, and this can pressure it very well while forming a strong pivoting core with Rillaboom and Swampert. It also improves one of the worst mu's I was able to see, being Nasty Plot Tornadus-t which outsped and broke almost every mon by itself if things were chipped a bit. I think this fits in really well overall and should improve some problem mu's overall.
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Minor Changes:
:latios:
:soul-dew: --> :life-orb:
Bulky Offensive set --> Fast Offensive Breaker

The standard Life Orb Latios will do much better offensively here. Not taking advantage of its speed is quite bad since that's one big thing it has where it can revenge stuff like Garchomp, and the bulk isn't high enough to do much with. Life Orb just gives a lot more power than Soul Dew while benefitting the non STAB moves as well, and Roost can help sustain it even through the recoil.
Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Aura Sphere
:mandibuzz:
:rocky-helmet: --> :heavy-duty-boots:
Taunt --> Defog
Physically Defensive --> Mixed Defensive

I'm taking from the standard spread on the strategy dex here, and I think it's a much better fit overall. The Sp.def lets it always live 2 Specs Dragapult dracos, and it overall improves the versatility of the mon. Boots is always the preferred item no matter the rest of the team since it really enjoys taking no damage from Stealth Rock, and Defog on Latios was removed because it's inferior to Defog on Mandibuzz, so putting it over Taunt is best.
Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

:toxapex:
Toxic Spikes --> Toxic
Optional: :black-sludge: --> :rocky-helmet:
Small change, but the Dragonite MU looked quite rough and I just figured Toxic could help chip that for Mandibuzz overall. Rocky Helmet is quite good for just chipping anything clicking attacks at it and making progress in a longer game, but Black Sludge is a good item overall so it's something optional as well.

:swampert:
Rest Talk --> Stealth Rock Toxic
Scald --> Flip Turn
Earthquake --> High Horsepower

I understand the usefulness of Rest on a mon like Swampert, but I don't feel like it's needed especially since it's the preferred Stealth Rock user for the original team since it does the job better than Excadrill on Balance. Toxic just chips things which is always good, Flip Turn is a huge reason Swampert is as good as it is because the momentum gain is huge, and Grassy Terrain from Rillaboom weakens Earthquake so High Horsepower is better. Sassy Nature and 0 speed ivs is to get the slowest Flip Turn possible for momentum, just the standard dex set once again.
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- High Horsepower
- Toxic

:rillaboom:
Superpower --> Wood Hammer
Jolly --> Adamant

Going back to the dex for this sample set, I think it works a bit better overall, since Adamant improves the power a lot and CB Wood Hammer just hits so hard overall. Nothing much to say, just makes the mon a ton more powerful.

Updated RMT (pokepast.es)
Here's the updated RMT, I hope you like the changes! The core was really cool, just the Excadrill was trying to fit in on an archetype it didn't so a fast mon that fixed the tougher mu's like Zeraora seemed to fit. The rest was just switching up some sets to match the standard ones in the strategy dex which I think are a lot more consistent and better overall, so I think these changes should make the team shine with the main ideas.
Hi Fc Thank you so Much for Rating and Suggestions.
Thank you for the praise for the core as the Core was the main thing I took care while I was Assembling team although I started building around Excadrill.

I agree Excadrill was mainly setting up St Rocks and few minutes ago I was also thinking about getting an Electric type on the Team as Corviknight was really walling this team (even Taunting it was not good enough) for my last 4 out of 7 battles, great Choice in the Awesome Zeraora.

I totally agree with your Other Changes apart from the Wood Hammer One on Rillaboom as that would mean to kill Ferrothorn I need to rely on Zeraora now Instead of Rillaboom.

Will instantly give this team a go, Thank you once again Man :blobthumbsup:

I'm not good in strat but what is the set for zeraora in this team?
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

IT is mentioned by Fc in the post itself

Reactions: Fc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)