Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

I've really wanted to use this set. Crobat is one of my favorite mons and it's a pretty good wallbreaker in UU w/ Choice Band. Brave Bird and U-Turn are obvious for STAB and keeping up momentum, Cross Poison is there for additional stab for Fairies and pokemon that want to come in on BB like Mega Amph, Rotom-H, Eelkektross, and others. Sleep Talk is there for sleep fodder from Sleep Powder from Roserade or even the rare GrassWhistle from Whimsicott. Infiltrator because I care more about hitting behind Subs and not caring about screens more than being flinched.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Swampert is a good pivot for the mons listed above and others that Crobat is afraid of as well as setting up Stealth Rock to keep the pressure on and being just a good wall in general. Scald is self explanitory. EQ for the damage to deal out to the mons that are listed above. And Roar is to phaze out the opponents who want to out against Swampert who are either afraid of it or don't do that much to it at all.

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Heliolisk provides a solid VolTurn combo with Crobat as Crobat can deal with the Fighting types that threaten Heliolisk and as well as being immune to Ground type attacks aimed at Heliolisk. Volt Switch for momentum and to pivot into Crobat on a predicted EQs and Fighting Moves, T-Bolt and Hyper Voice for damage as another move to hit behind Substitutes. I chose Focus Blast to hit Steel Types like Registeel, M-Aggron, Metagross, having another move to hit Empoleon (since I'm choiced.), as well as hitting Porygon2 and Snorlax for massive damage. Choice Specs to being another wallbreaker but on the special side.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 168 SpD / 100 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Defog

I wanted a Pokemon who doesn't necessarily care for being hit w/ Knock Off, which is also the reason I have Roost on there. Leftovers and Roost for recovery, Brave Bird over Knock Off to be less passive and to hit Fighting types even more, Taunt w/ 100 Speed EVs allows it to prevent from being set up on from slower Pokemon as well as stop things like Donphan, Gligar, and slow Roserade from setting up hazards or trying to Defog mine away, though I might switch Taunt to Toxic and then BB to Knock Off to get rid of Eviolites and Leftovers on Pokemon while still being somewhat aggressive. Defog because I don't like hazards on my field nor screens on their field.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight

Cresselia is another Pokemon that isn't able to be hit my Ground type moves, which my team really appreciates. It's another defensive mon as well as being a wincon in situations and being able to stop CroCune, which my only other answer is Heliolisk. Cress also appreciates having Hydreigon, Heracross, Chandelure, and Krookodile off the field which both CB Crobat and Swampert can take care of. Calm Mind since I'm PhysDef, Psyshock to be able to hit Pokemon on the Physical side like CroCune, Florges, and Sylveon. Ice Beam in order to take care of Mega Aero as well as still being able to hit Hydreigon and Krookodile on the switch super effectively. Moonlight in order to increase longetivity to sweep lategame and wall.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD, 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Finally, we have Doublade, which can be another lategame wincon by setting up with SD and sweeping w/ Shadow Sneak. It also walls other Fighting types that can't learn Knock Off like Lucario and Heracross. It can also blocks Toxic, which most mons on my team really hate. I debated using SD, Sneak, Gyro, and S-Sword but I went with RestTalk for the recovery as well as being able to take burns from Willo or Scald and just Rest it up. Sleep Talk also disallows this mon from being stopped by Sucker Punch by things like Toxicroak It also acts as a spinblocker in order to keep my hazards up. 4 Speed EVs just to being able to outspeed other Doublades as Swampert is my only other answer to them.

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey there TheFriedBri this team has a lot of cool mons. Unfortunately, the synergy between them seems to overlap which means the team isn't as effective as it could be. I have some suggestions that can help this team have better overall synergy while still pressuring the opponent.
  • First off, the lack of a solid Dragon immunity means Hydreigon and Haxorus can potentially plow through this team as Doublade doesn't like being worn down as it currently serves as your only switch-in to these threats (and it can't really switch into Hydreigon at all). For this reason, Sylveon > Cresselia is a change that not only provides the team with said Dragon immunity, but it also gives the team a nice cleric and Wish passer to help keep Swampert and Doublade healthy while making the latter less reliant on RestTalk. Sylveon's Fairy typing also helps to give this team a more reliable Knock Off switch-in since Mandibuzz clashes with Crobat.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
  • Next up, Mandibuzz not only stacks weaknesses with Crobat, but it is no longer needed as a Knock Off switch-in as you have Sylveon and Mandibuzz is a bit of a momentum suck on such a momentum driven team. Hydreigon > Manidbuzz gives you a solid cleaner to take advantage of Doublade beating down special walls while also providing fantastic synergy with the aforementioned. Hydreigon can also help check Krookodile, which is a common Knock Off user that Sylveon may struggle with if it has been worn down. Furthermore, with Hydreigon, you now have solid defensive utility thanks to the Steel-Fairy-Dragon core it forms with Sylveon and Doublade.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
  • Lastly, I feel like some of your sets need to be optimized as they are not utilizing the Pokemon's assets effectively. First off, with Mandibuzz being replaced, Choice Band Crobat isn't great as it gets worn down too easily. Furthermore, Crobat's Poison-type STAB isn't as necessary since most Fairies are hit hard by Brave Bird anyways. For this reason, Sky Plate > Choice Band along with Defog > Sleep Talk and Roost > Cross Poison allows Crobat to get rid of hazards for the team while also being able to still pivot in and out as it wants. Next up, Heliolisk has access to such nice coverage that it doesn't really like being locked into one move. Plus, being locked into an Electric-type move can be a bit of a momentum suck as your opponent's Ground-types can come in for free and setup or fire off a powerful attack. Life Orb > Choice Specs gives Heliolisk the freedom to swap between its moves and still hit hard while also threatening the Water-types such as Suicune and Gyarados. Lastly, a RestTalk set on Doublade isn't making the best use of Doublade's impeccable neutral coverage between its STABs + Sacred Sword. You said the reason it was used was to take burns from Will-O-Wisp and Scalds, but you now have Sylveon as a cleric as well as the fact that Doublade's Special Defense isn't the best even with Eviolite. For this reason I would suggest Iron Head > Rest and Sacred Sword > Sleep Talk as this gives you a very reliable win con that benefits from all the momentum and chip damage the team can rack up against the opponent. Gyro Ball is an option as well over Iron Head to combat faster threats such as Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Beedrill, but hitting slower stuff such as Sylveon and Florges harder is better for this team since you have ways to play around the faster threats.

Sky Plate > Choice Band
Defog > Sleep Talk
Roost > Cross Poison

Life Orb > Choice Specs

Iron Head (or Gyro Ball w/ 0 Speed IVs) > Rest
Sacred Sword > Sleep Talk

I love the idea behind this team as momentum is such an integral part of any good team and I hope I helped capitalize on that n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)