[BW2 OU] Conk's Revenge

Hi all Smogon users ! Here is my second RMT. This time, the credits goes also to my dear friend, Slimmer, who helped me a lot on building this. Hope you will enjoy it !

Bulding Phase

I thought a lot about the Pokémon to start the team. I didn't want this to be too much mainstream so I chose Conkeldurr, one of the most underestimated sweepers of the OU. He needs some support to work well and this team is trying to give him the chance to shine. The first thing that came to my mind was giving Conkeldurr che chance to enter as many times as possible. A volturn core was the answer. I chose then Landorus-T and Rotom-W. Landorus provides me a switch in for the most of the phisical sweepers: Breloom, Scizor, Terrakion ecc. and gives me the possibility to set SR and U-Turn like a boss. I chose to give him HP Ice over Stone Edge for many reasons: hits Things like Salamence with the same power Stone Edge, without miss chances and hits Breloom and other Landorus-T as well. Rotom-W insteand provides me a good switch-in for Draco Meteors, Tornadus, Politoed and many other special things that are a treath for Conkeldurr and helps me against rain teams too ! The next Pokémon I decided to put in was SpecsTios. He does many things: Enters on Breloom's Spore and hits with Sleep Talk, provides me a good revengekilling and probably the best reason is that he can easily give a chance to Conkeldurr to wreck everything. How ? Simply by leaving him trapped by TTar. After the Pursuit / Crunch I can send Conkeldurr safely and wreck really everyting, and you'll se how ! At this point, Starmie, Jellicent and Celebi are really cancer for my team. Weavile is perfect to solve all these problems. The only bad thing is that he gives me a little weakness to SR and Scizor. Now, rain teams are a little problem to deal with since Rotom-W can't do all the job. My answer to this was Specs Kingdra. Abuses very well the opponent's rain and destroys everyting with Draco Meteor. Anyway I'm not totally sure about this. Maybe i should put in Celebi to counter well the rain. I'm counting on your suggestions !

In-Detail

Kingdra (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor

This is my main answer against Rain. I'm thinking about Celebi on his place but I'm not totally sure. Anyway, this Kingdra abuses rain very well. Dragon Pulse is for cleaning without Sp.Atk drop, Hydro Pump is a really great attack and under rain it gains 240 BP. HP Fire is for Ferrothorn and similar stuff and Draco Meteor hits hard everything.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
- Payback
- Substitute

Here's the star of the team. I prefered Life Orb over leftovers to max any damage as much as possible and united to Iron Fist, this Conkeldurr deals really great damage. It is true that without leftovers it will die pretty fast but doesn't matter much. His main job is spamming damage around as much as possible and NOTHING that is not called Landorus-T can stop him, and these calculations are the proof:

252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Payback (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 330-390 (81.68 - 96.53%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Focus Punch vs. 248 HP / 244 Def Tentacruel: 230-272 (63.36 - 74.93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Focus Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 274-324 (67.99 - 80.39%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Iron Fist Conkeldurr Focus Punch vs. 252 HP / 88 Def Amoonguss: 203-239 (46.99 - 55.32%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

So, as you can see, nothing can switch safely on Conkeldurr except Landorus-T but he is not a problem for my team.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Classic Speciel Defensive Rotom-W. The only option that could be considered is Thunder Wave > WoW. He is also a good answer against rain teams together with Kingdra. Volt Switch can sometimes give a nice chance to Conkeldurr for setting substitute and destroy everything.
Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

He is my SR setter and volturner. As I've previously said, HP Ice over Stone Edge because it deals the same damage to Salamence and other Flying/Dragon types, and to breloom as well ! For the rest, there isn't much to say: classic Offensive Pivot set, helps against Scizor, Terrakion and other phisical attackers that could be a problem for Conk.

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Talk
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

This Latios is a perfect counter to Breloom. Enters on Spore and wrecks Loom with Sleep Talk. Classic Choice Specs set, Also useful for revengekilling.

Weavile (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash

My answer to Jellicent, Celebi, Starmie and other defensive treaths. Lum Berry allows him to dance safely on Jellicent without fearing a burn from WoW or Scald. He gives me a hand on countering boosted dragons and revengekilling sometimes. Night Slash, after a dance, is OHKO on Celebi, Starmie and Jellicent. Low Kick is mainly for Heatran and Terrakion (if I can scout a Band Terrakion).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all. The only weakness that I saw was Toxicroak BulkUpper and replacing Kingdra is the only way to get around this I think, maybe with Slowbro. Hope you like the team, and I'm waiting for all your opinions !

Last edited:

Shafofficiel

allez tout le monde en balèze (baleze baleze)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey (I'm in my phone)

I like your team, I agree with you, to conkeldurr is really Underused but it ' is magnificent if it is used well.
I already played Conk SubPuncher and I am not so a fan, Of corse he hit So hardly but You can use it that one only one time in the match,Furthermore you haven't real Support , no wisher who(which) would be really useful for your team , And You have a great weak to Dragon Spam So i suggest you to use Jirachi The Specially Defensive ,

Sorry for my english :/ hope i helped lol

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Sorry it took me so long to get to this!

Sun teams wreck you everytime you face them. Specs Kingdra looks redundant with Rotom-W and Specs Latios crushing all kinds of rain already imo. You have no switch ins to Dragons at all (no steels!) and Specs Keldeo looks overwhelming. Furthermore, in this metagame, I'm not sure on the effectiveness of SubPunch Conk -- especially with a LO ew.

For fixes, you should try:

1.) LO Sheer Force Conkeldurr benefits this team so much more, it just crushes much more than SubPunch ever could. In essense, that IS what you want Conk to do -- punch holes, and LO Sheer Force just outclasses SubPunch Conk in every way that matters. I'd also use the on-site EVs that run specific SpD evs to live Psyshock (or Psychic?) from Reuniclus.

2.) SD LumBerry Weavile looks really lackluster. Choice Band Scizor does everything you want it to do but better. Scizor still offers the check Weavile did, but you can switch into Dragons and even trap the most threatening -- Lati@s. With that said, I'd replace Kingdra for Dragon Dance Dragnonite so you can check sun fully, and DD Dragonite pairs really well with LO Conk and CB Scizor since they beat down on most of it's counters.

3.) Latios' role is really redundant with CB Scizor and LO Conkeldurr breaking all the holes you want, so you're better off you're better off with SubCM Latias. Latias works REALLY well with it's teammates since they break and make holes that Latias can exploit while Latias can check a lot of things for the team: Jellicent, Sand Stall (Hippo variants), Keldeo, Rain, and Sun to name a few.

That's it from me! I wish you luck! :)

Sorry it took me so long to get to this!

Sun teams wreck you everytime you face them. Specs Kingdra looks redundant with Rotom-W and Specs Latios crushing all kinds of rain already imo. You have no switch ins to Dragons at all (no steels!) and Specs Keldeo looks overwhelming. Furthermore, in this metagame, I'm not sure on the effectiveness of SubPunch Conk -- especially with a LO ew.

For fixes, you should try:

1.) LO Sheer Force Conkeldurr benefits this team so much more, it just crushes much more than SubPunch ever could. In essense, that IS what you want Conk to do -- punch holes, and LO Sheer Force just outclasses SubPunch Conk in every way that matters. I'd also use the on-site EVs that run specific SpD evs to live Psyshock (or Psychic?) from Reuniclus.

2.) SD LumBerry Weavile looks really lackluster. Choice Band Scizor does everything you want it to do but better. Scizor still offers the check Weavile did, but you can switch into Dragons and even trap the most threatening -- Lati@s. With that said, I'd replace Kingdra for Dragon Dance Dragnonite so you can check sun fully, and DD Dragonite pairs really well with LO Conk and CB Scizor since they beat down on most of it's counters.

3.) Latios' role is really redundant with CB Scizor and LO Conkeldurr breaking all the holes you want, so you're better off you're better off with SubCM Latias. Latias works REALLY well with it's teammates since they break and make holes that Latias can exploit while Latias can check a lot of things for the team: Jellicent, Sand Stall (Hippo variants), Keldeo, Rain, and Sun to name a few.

That's it from me! I wish you luck! :)
Thanks a lot Shurt *-*
I'm gonna try all the fixes right away. Anyway, I need Weavile to counter things like starmie as I said...but yes, Scizor does it better, but i thought about scarfing it for making unexpected kills.
Completely agree with all the other fixes.

Scizor is an absolute star for you team, it cover the weakness of rotom(grass), lando(ice), conke(psychic) and all latios weakness. So out weavile, in scizor.
Another point is that, if you want to volt-turn around you really need a spinner so I'd switch kindra for a Forretress with SR+spin.

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet/Leftover
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes / Gyroball / HP:Ice
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

If you use Forretress you can take away SR from lando so you can use another build, I usually set lando as a scarfer:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 224 Spd / 252 Atk / 32 HP
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last tip is: if sleep status keep you awake all night long, an alternative to sleep talk latio(that to me is just like wasting a pokemon in randomness) try guts conke:

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Payback

Just remember to take him out a turn before facing your nightmare(flame orb activate at the end of the turn), also ice punch is supereffective vs brelom, lando/gliscor and all dragon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)