CAP 10 CAP 10 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Krill + Illumine

due to 10 characters max unfortunately Krilluminate can't be used so this is shortened to..

Krillumine

Krill is a shrimp-like marine invertebrate animal. Illumine means to make lighter or brighter, and ab's design fits this because it is literally glowing!

edit:

I like byte, Jumbolt, and Watter (lol)

I don't know which one I should pick...

Should I pick Shrymp (A mispelling of shrimp),
Should I pick Shrimpy (Shrimp with a 'y' added on the end),
Should I pick Shrympy (A combination of the above two),
Or should I pick Shorimity ('Sho' refers to Shock, as in Thundershock, 'rim' refers to shrimp, & 'ity' refers to utility, as in 'Utility Counter')?

Oh, & how do I make something a final submission (I'm still new to the site)?
You could try Frittere. Fritter + Ampere. Fritters are delicious little fried things that often contain shrimp.

Crevescent

Crevette + Luminescent = Crevescent

Not at all complicated and is easy to say. Resembles the concept art too, as the thing is a shrimp and is luminescent.
I like this name, it's really clever how it takes that fact that it's a shrimp and glows and turns it into a cool name (Crevescent, say that out loud, it's fun isn't it :toast:). I also think by using all 10 allowed letters that also makes the name more elaborate and unique sounding.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
FINAL SUBMISSION

Vectapod - Vector (geometric object that has both a magnitude and direction, often in terms of electricity) + Decapod (order of crustacean that includes the Shrimp)

Pronunciation: "Veck-Tah-Pohd"

Vectapod is a rather simple name in derivation. Since CAP10's goal is to raise its base stats and movepool (magnitude and direction) in terms of what it wants to counter, a Vector is the first thing that comes to mind that relates to such an action. The second part of the name, -pod, more or less rounds out the name so that it includes some sort of Shrimp-esque aspect to it. The pronunciation is smooth and easy, and it easily fits within the ten character limit. While it isn't as humorous or charming initially as other choices, the name is more practical in my opinion.

Final Submission

Scampi

italian for shrimp. you might see scampi pasta at places like olive garden.

also contains amp, which is like electricity

My final submission!!!!

!!
!

Luminosity + Ocean

Luminosity because of bioluminicinse, ocean because that thing has water in it I hear

Luminocean

loo-mihn-OH-shin

in a sentence:

I'd like your 31 attack quirky Luminocean. CMT

its name also can be handily turned into a skinned product:

itches, irritation, burns? try some Luminlotion

Trawler
A corruption of Trawling. Woo. Something that isn't a portmanteau.

Trawling is a method of fishing, involving dragging an open net behind a boat.
Alternatively, a Trawler is also a boat that is used for this type of fishing.
Shrimp are often caught through this method, which is what sparked the idea.

And, well, it also sounds like "Crawler". In the description aragornbird gave it in his Final Sibmission, he described it as being able to move quickly with it's nimble legs.

Alternatively, it can be Trawling itself.
I always liked the "something-ling" suffix.
Dunno if other people agree.

Final Submission!!!

I call dibs on Krilowatt. [Krill'-oh-waht]

It's a mixture of Krill + Watt, and also is a pun of Kilowatt. Deals with electricity, "krill" makes it sound cuter and weaker (which it won't be the latter), and overall, I really like it.

personally, i think m0nkfish would be a good name!

PS:
How hardcore is this going to be enforced?
if you don't mark your post with "final submission" your name will not go into the poll. in fact, beej will likely search this thread for "final submission" when it's time to create the poll, so if it's not marked, he won't see it.

Krillumine

Krill is a shrimp-like marine invertebrate animal. Illumine because it is bright!
haha, this is clever. i could certainly see it winning. some might say that's too close to illumise, but it's pretty different. besides, illumise looks half-electric anyway.
Prawnto is great too, deck! thunderbolt that gyarados, prawnto!

• Do NOT post just to say that you like another name. Your post will be infracted/deleted. The system here is that names that get a lot of support will grab my attention more than ones that don't, but it's not that hard to back up your post with reasoning. For example, "I like the name Dumbreon Dan because in addition to being catchy, it's also fitting because it paints an accurate picture of the intelligence level of this Pokemon" is going to be allowed because it's descriptive, whereas "I like the name Dumbreon Dan a lot" is spam and will be deleted/infracted.
Ohohoh, aren't you a funnyguy!

I personally like simpler names, and I'm actually inclined to downplay the electric-ness since it's bio-luminescent (no shock quality) and because we already did when we named Cyclohm.

Bisque comes to mind since it's almost a lobster, and that's a kind of soup you make out of one. I'm also leaning towards some variation of Biskion/Bisqueon/Bisquion. This has multiple layers, as it's a mix of Antlion, Ion and Bisque. It's a prawn-lion. Haha. ChefBisque is perfect but Chef Bisk allows for a space.

Parroi: Paralyze + King in french would be good too but probably unpopular as it's not particularly friendly to the english tongue.

Ohmard/Ohmarr - Why not reuse Ohm? Haha. This basically sounds like the french word for lobster (homard) (silent d) with Ohm replacing Ho.

I'll keep thinking, but that's what I could come up with.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Scampali

As we all now know, CAP10 is a cute little shrimp that will be stomping to hell and back some of the OUs' dreams of sweeping your team. As such, I feel the name needs to be something to reflect that without resorting to a cheesy pun based on the species or typing it's meant to represent.

My inspiration for the name is pretty simple: a scamp is defined as a mischievous young person, while in connotation (AKA popular usage of the term), it loosely refers anything diminutive in stature. On the other hand, the suffix is completely arbitrary and designed for no purpose other than to make the name sound better.

In short, I chose the name because it's cute, charismatic, and a fitting descriptor of CAP10's appearance, as well as its implied nature. Go, Scampali!

Crustmatos
Crustacian+Stamata(Greek for stop)

Crustacian as it is a prawn and stamata as it can stop pokemon it wishes to in their path.

FINAL SUBMISSION

Yep, after some thought, I'm submitting Ambarbel as my final submission. If I have to give reasons, its as above; Amber, which was the root word for "electricity" in Latin, and Barbel, which is a type of feeler like the one's the CAP has.

Final Submission

Final Submission

Coulombi

Coulomb (SI derived unit of electric charge) + ebi (Japanese word for 'shrimp' or 'prawn')

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Some ideas:

Krillotine

(Krill + Guillotine)

Magnaprawn

(Magnet Rise + Prawn)

Anshrimp

(Ancient + Shrimp)

As for the others, I'm liking j. franky's and Deck Knight's (lol) so far.

EDIT: Actually, forget that, I'll just go with Krillotine as my final submission.

In essence, it is simply a cross between krill, the well-known whale fodder (I'm saying nothing, Collossoil) and guillotine, the well-known execution device, hence adhering to both the species upon which the artwork is based and the likely speed and efficiency, notable to the guillotine blade as a method of death, with which CAP10 will likely go about its duty. Simple and nicely stuck together, and rolls off the tongue reasonably well, although it is missing something perhaps as far as looking at the name is concerned, though I am not sure why. Still, all good.

Dang, SinisterSamurai beat me to the punch...that's exactly the name I was going to suggest! Luckily, Paradox's Bubba quote inspired me again...

Final Submission: Gumbolt

It's a portmanteau of "gumbo" (a traditional stew from New Orleans that often contains shrimp) and "bolt" (a word which I feel captures both the typing and great speed of this CAP). Also, gumbo often contains many different ingredients, which reflects the versatile movepool CAP 10 is likely to get. Sorry in advance if that last statement counts as polljumping.

So, what do y'all think? C'est chic?

Final Submission:

Crevetonne

crevette is literally "shrimp" in french, "tonner" is 'thunder' or 'to thunder'. Sounded good, but french is a bit of a weird translation. meh.

Whaaiaatt

A corruption of "Watt," based on when people say WHAAAAAAAAT on the internet.

It works in the same way Bulbasaur's japanese name does (it's a pun on "strange, isn't it?") as a shrimp havng 150-something HP is just funny.

Here's an idea:
Anrillay (Anti + Krill + Ray)
Anti as in counter, the purpose of CAP10
Krill, because it is like a krill/prawn/shrimp -Though due to the bulkiness, this may not make much sense, as krill are very TINY!
Ray has multiple meanings, Ray as in what it will attack with (I can picture rays from its antennae); light ray, as in electromagnetic spectrum; also taken together "rillay" is similar to relay - which can relate to electricity.
Thoughts?

Edit: also rill is a name for a small water rivulet/stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)