Cross Chop
Signal Beam
X-Scissor
Overheat
Superpower
Focus Blast
Aura Sphere
Brave Bird

Cross Chop and Superpowerhit Snorlax and Blissey, something we don't want, and Signal Beam and X-Scissor hit Celebi for x4 damage, which we also do not want.
Overheat drops Sp.Attack after it's used, and while it does hit the grass types, I think Celebi can withstand it. Anyway, without the fighting-typed moves, another steel-smashing option is nice. The Special Fighting moves are great for the physically defensive steels, and Brave Bird... I'm saying don't disallow it, but it dosen't really gain much... and it would be joining Volt Tackle if it had STAB.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cross Chop
Signal Beam
X-Scissor
Overheat
Superpower
Focus Blast
Aura Sphere
Brave Bird

Because Focus Blast isn't good enough.

Overheat
Aura Sphere
Brave Bird

Why no Overheat or Brave Bird? Because for the threats that Overheat will be covering, surely Earthquake/Earth Power/Hidden Power Fire will be enough. If it's not enough without a boosting item, then the CAP10 user should be forced to sacrifice longevity for power. For Brave Bird, surely Hidden Power Flying or even something like Aerial Ace will be enough. If it's not enough without a boosting item, then the CAP10 user should be forced to sacrifice longevity for power. I don't know exactly what the Bug-type moves are supposed to be covering and I don't know whether Hidden Power Bug would be enough so I'm abstaining with those moves. Aura Sphere is outclassed by Hidden Power Fighting. Focus Blast is more powerful, but the 30% miss rate may be enough to compensate for this. I don't know whether this is the case or not though so I won't vote either way for Focus Blast. I'm not entirely sure one way or the other with physical Fighting-type moves - the main target of such moves (apart from Blissey) would be Tyranitar. I'm pretty sure Surf was good enough against Tyranitar but there might be a better target for Cross Chop or Superpower, so I'm not going to vote one way or the other for those moves until I find out.

The main thing I want to get across is that using CAP10 is about customising a set to deal with a threat. There is more to customising a set than just picking four moves. You also have two abilities and several items to choose from, not to mention the countless ways to distribute your EVs. Do you run Magic Guard and Life Orb to get extra strong Surfs against Tyranitar? Do you run a choice item so that Earthquake/Earth Power gets a guaranteed OHKO on Lucario or 2HKO on Metagross? Or do you run Trace and Leftovers so that you're certain to get a hit against Salamence? And if you do, how many EVs will you need to survive Salamence's attack, and will you have enough left over to OHKO Scizor with HP Fire? Suffice to say, the only competitive moves CAP10 should get are those that are absolutely necessary for CAP10 to have any chance at countering any particular major threat in the metagame. Incidentally, I wouldn't consider Aura Sphere to be a competitive move on CAP10.

Frizy

dont change my ct fuckers
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Cross Chop
Signal Beam
X-Scissor
Overheat
Superpower
Focus Blast
Aura Sphere
Brave Bird

Cross Chop
Signal Beam
X-Scissor
Overheat
Superpower
Focus Blast
Aura Sphere
Brave Bird

I would like to point out reasons to not support OVERHEAT, simply because it already got draco meteor and let's face it have you guys considered the possibility of CAP10 having both at the same moveset? it's not to much impossible seeing overheat as a TM.
From my point of view if that happens its going to be another Specs user spamming draco meteors or overheat depending the situation (cause how you may know the only "safe" switch to dragons are steels and then Overheat on a predict switch ... you guys got it), the only pokemon that resists, by that i mean is immune or take not very effective is heatran, and maybe blissey and to a extent snorlax could kinda switch "safely".
i fail to see this combination fitting the concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)