CAP 11 CAP 11 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be closing this thread at 3 pm EST.

There are several concepts that currently sit on my slate for CAP 11, many of which follow what I'm looking for. Uniqueness, positive impact on the metagame, and a Concept that encourages healthy debate is what I want to see. If I haven't got a chance to reply to your Concept, don't fret because some of these are on my list. If you haven't had a chance to post your Concept or comment on others (I encourage you to do so), do it now because you haven't got a lot of time left.

I'd also like thank Deck Knight for helping me reply to the concepts to help reach my conclusions.

hi,
just wanted to say that I changed my entry a little bit so I could explain my way in a better way.
Most people thought I wanted a pokemon that is strong on a sunny day, like pyroak, but I wanted a pokemon that easily and permanently sets up sunshine, so other pokemon have a chance to shine in OU

Name: Defensive Set-Upper

General Description:
A Pokemon that uses stat increasing moves to obtain a defensive advantage over the opponent.

Justification:
This is a concept that has a lot of potential, but there isn't a Pokemon that can currently set-up defensively. All of the walls in OU are dependant on stats, but with moves like Amnesia, Iron Defense, and Cosmic Power, CaP 11 could get the upper hand faster and more efficiently than other walls. This also gives it an opportunity to better support its teammates.

Questions To Be Answered:

-Is this really a viable niche in the metagame?
-How important is ability to CaP 11s possibility of setting up?
-Does CaP 11 increase the need for powerful sweepers in the metagame?
-Does CaP 11 increase the need for status users in the metagame?

Explanation: This is a concept I think has been overlooked, and could really be useful in the OU metagame. Pokemon like Stockpile Cradily can be an enourmous powerhouse when used effectively, and I think CaP 11 could easily work in a similar way. It could easily wreak havoc after getting up a stat-boost, especially if the opponent isn't prepared to stop it. I feel it should have at least one decent attacking stat, so that it doesn't set-up and become useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)