CAP 11 CAP 11 - Part 9 - Art Poll 3

What art should be used for CAP 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I really don't get why everyone is arguing over this so much. As I said in the previous poll thread, people can vote for whatever art they want for whatever reason they want. It's one of the parts of the process that has literally zero impact on the actual Pokemon. The only reason there even is art is because it's extremely popular and well liked; it brings the Pokemon together. It serves no purpose other than that, since if we wanted to we could just sprite a simple number and put that on the server.

So, there shouldn't be any bickering on whether or not a Pokemon "looks like it fits the stats", "doesn't look like a type", or anything of that sort. This is for fun. Vote for whatever you want, for whatever reason you want, and save logic for the competitive polls.

Just a quick reply to people who think DougJustDoug's design looks slow, like someone said about Starmie, Electrode, Miltank and Slaking is true. I immagine the Voodoom to levitate above the ground to move ( I know we didn't give it levitate but other pokemon are like that too)

I voted Kukem.
It just fits the theme better in every way than the other designs.
It's not the best art, but people need to remember.

Fitting The Theme > How Good The Art Is

DJD's is a great idea, but it isn't going to fool anyone into being a legitimate fighting type. (Looks more like a digimon than a pokemon to me. ;O)
Plus I see absolutely no hint of the ability lightningrod.
I suppose those pins would be the reference, but that would never attract anything.

Aragornbird's just seems a little too gimmicky, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)