CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 11 (Name Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I still stand by my Carboneous entry, but to be honest I don't care which name is given to this thing, as long as it's not horribly-sounding.

Vulcgrove or Volcglade.
"Vulc" is an alternative to "Volc" as a Latin prefix.

( Hi, just some creepy lurker who's been following this process for whoknowshowlong. Thought I'd actually contribute in some way for once. (: )

Cannire... (cannon+fire) xD

Doesn't really say much about its grass element though. It just sounds cool. Still, I'm backing Pyroak all the way. By the way, this thing is a carnivore right? Just curious.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Oh by the way, any name that is longer than 10 characters long should be automatically banned from consideration, as 10 characters is the maximum limit of any Pokemon name.

Might want to put this in the original post, GT.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Not too good with names, so the best I could come up with was:

Skinklast: combination of skink and clast as in pyroclastic flow. Though clast means break and doesn't necessarily apply to anything fire-related, pyroclastic flows are the most destructive force of a volcano eruption.

Skorchoak: Scorch and oak mixed together. :/

Also, I think herp might be introduced somehow into a name, as that's a term used to describe reptiles and amphibians.

Aww, some wkd names have been submitted.

GT, (BAN ME PLEASE)are FTW! ;-)

My top names in no particular order:
Pyroak
Komandre
Lavarrior
Phlogizard
Valcanus (but it might be better as Vulcanus)
Komolder
Barkano (alteration of Sarenji's Barkcano)
Canomitor
Timberex

To quote what I said earlier for name, and explanation...

Hemasquern.

This mangle comes from HEMp, MAil, SQUamata(the family of lizards), and fERN.

Mail is the major form of armour, Ferns are plants(resembling the head bit) and you all know which drug comes from the Hemp plant.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
To quote what I said earlier for name, and explanation...

Hemasquern.

This mangle comes from HEMp, MAil, SQUamata(the family of lizards), and fERN.

Mail is the major form of armour, Ferns are plants(resembling the head bit) and you all know which drug comes from the Hemp plant.
lol i like that

Hmmm Raverist good name in principle but Squamata is the Order (not Family) that includes snakes and I personally think the SQU sounds alot more snaky than lizard-like. Also Hema is reminiscent of blood (i.e. hematology) not hemp.

How about Pyracantho or Pyracano? A portmanteau of Pyracantha and Volcano. Pyracantha is a genus of trees with orange berries and thorns; the latin name translates as firethorn.

Not that we need any more names. Pyroak might be catchier or simpler than Pyracantho.

Hemptile, simple and easy to say lol. Ignore the fact it may look like Sceptile.

Mariguanid - Marijuana + Iguanid, another version of Mariguana.

Basilit - Basilisk + Lit

Flamastyx - Flame + Uromastyx

No matter what happens i'm sure we'll be seeing many of these with the nickname Mariguana. Well, i'll have a stab at it:

Flamon- (Flame + dragon)
Carrizan- (Cannon + bartizan)
Barrizon- (Barrage + dragon)

Yay there are better komodo related names of what i could think of! ok what about ...stuff it the other names are way to good :toast:. Komandre ftw who came up with that btw?

Well, I always had an affinity to Fernace

as in Fern + Furnace.

It sounds a bit gimmicky (?) but heh, I like it. Simple and pokemony.

Other then that, Pyroak is going for me most, simply because I don't think we should give pokemon Japanese sounding names, no matter how cool they are.

EDIT: Charbre also sounds good, but sounds more like a Pre-Evo's name.

Flacerlemn (fla-cker-lemn)- Loosely translates to "Flaming Wood" in Romanian. Not hard to say. Exactly 10 characters, phew:p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)