CAP 14 CAP 3 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire/Poison

We're not aiming for the worst typing possible, we're aiming for something that turns a "bad" type combination into a strength. Fire/Poison has weaknesses to common types (with a couple of useful resistances), and has been mentioned in the previous poll thread, many Pokemon carry super effective coverage moves on this typing even if they just did an attack that was resisted. Ice/Steel still has steel with it, and as we all know, steel makes everything better. Ice/Rock is better than that, but we don't want it to be that bad defensively such that it can hardly switch into anything...

Actually, I changed my mind on what I want to ultimately vote for: Fire/Poison

It's arguably the most versatile typing the current slate has to offer, whereas the Ice-types will probably end up with predictable roles (dragon slayer for Ice/Steel and glass cannon for Ice/Rock). Don't get me wrong, we could use a dragon slayer in CAP (a proper, bulky one that is, whether it be bulky sweeper or just a plain tank), which is why I'm still perfectly happy for Ice/Steel to make it through. As for the glass cannon that Ice/Rock will be, the community has already made one; it's called Syclant.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ice/Steel

I really believe we can make an effective pokemon with this typing despite its crippling weaknesses. If it has usable physical bulk, it will change the viability of Outrage quite significantly, as the CAP can just come in and revenge almost any Dragon with STAB Ice Beam, Icicle Crash or Ice Shard. So long as we give it Earthquake or Superpower, it'll also have decent enough offensive coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)