CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 7 (Art Selection Poll)

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

• Elagune

Votes: 115 46.0%
  • Cartoons!

Votes: 72 28.8%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • KoA

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • pyrrhocorax

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Moft

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Hazmat

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Blu

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Nopie

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Voted for Cartoons!' deer/stag creation without a second thought. By far the most original and intriguing concept and one that seems far more special based while still retaining bulk than the majority of the other competitors.

Admiral_Stalfos19 we're Not voting for the best drawn one!!!!

This sucks. Gentle Giant isn't even there.

Trouble is with some really good artists and some less good artists, people are just gonna take a look at a cool artwork and vote for it, just like Admiral_Stalfos19.

We Should be voting on the concept of the art rather than how well drawn it is since once sprited, everything will look different.

My vote is for Cartoons - the Forest Fire Deer!

Woodman does look too physical for me. For those thinking the deer looks too fast - Stantler's speed is 85 and it is alot less bulky than Cartoon's deer. Not that that matters all that much.

What the fuck is this shit?
Why didnt mine make it this time? The reason mine wasnt picked last time was because it was a sprite, I didnt send one in this time so what is the reason? I am not nameing names but some of these look rediculus, and they dont even look like fire/grass types or the stat spread.

Trouble is with some really good artists and some less good artists, people are just gonna take a look at a cool artwork and vote for it, just like Admiral_Stalfos19.
If I was only looking for coolness in a piece of art, I would've voted for Doug's one. Honestly it looks x10 cooler, but it fits more closely to Fire/Ghost than Fire/Grass (although it does fit Fire/Grass rather well). Besides, Woodman was too well done to pass up.

Would it be better if I also said that it fits a tanking/sweeping more than the others?

Why YOU should vote for woodman:

Woodman is the premier art that people have used in the BST Thread, and it justifies giving it such moves as Wood Hammer and Flare Blitz.

Woodman does NOT look physical as stated by anti Woodmanists. Woodman actually has cannons in it's arms, leading to "Beams" being shot out of those. Woodman looks Physically bulky though, which leads onto my mext point:

Woodman Looks bulky without looking fast. All of the best spreads (Mekkah, Aldaron, Mine, Admiral (with tweaks) ) Are all slow and bulky. Woodman has these charicteristics, whilst the deer looks more speedy then bulky.

Admiral_Stalfos19 we're Not voting for the best drawn one!!!!

Agreed, the best concept, and Woodman fits the criteria.

This sucks. Gentle Giant isn't even there.

You suck for making that remark as an Artist can only submit 1 work, and that is chosen by both the artist and general public feedback.

Woodman fufills Criteria. I hade a huge convo about DJD with this: His looks t3h secks. So does the deer. But Woodman currently fufils the criteria being set in the BST Thread.

We Should be voting on the concept of the art rather than how well drawn it is since once sprited, everything will look different.

Again, see up.

My vote is for Cartoons - the Forest Fire Deer!

Woodman does look too physical for me. For those thinking the deer looks too fast - Stantler's speed is 85 and it is alot less bulky than Cartoon's deer. Not that that matters all that much.

Dude, it has about the same length legs, thus meaning it would have about the same speed.
If you wany my honest opinion, (With no offence to Cartoons: Your work is pwnsome) You'rea a fucking 10 year old blinded by your sadness because the art you're supporting is losing. Go grow some balls, and harden the fuck up.

What the fuck is this shit?
Why didnt mine make it this time? The reason mine wasnt picked last time was because it was a sprite, I didnt send one in this time so what is the reason? I am not nameing names but some of these look rediculus, and they dont even look like fire/grass types or the stat spread.
Everyone musta totally missed your submission =\ and most of the stuff does indeed look Grass/fire IMO.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I went foe Nopie. The Woodlizard is cool and all, but we already have several lizardesque pokemon. The Deer pokemon reminded me of evil flaming Stantler. Also, I'm a sucker for Stegosaurs.

Voted KoA, there were some good designs but they didn't have a pokemon feel about them, I felt KoA's was probably the most authentic.

Vote what you want, really. All those designs will make a very valid Fire/Grass pokémon, so it's only a matter of preference. Whether you choose it for the quality of the drawing, the "pokémon feel", or the fit to the status doesn't really matter.

And yes, woodman looks very much like an special attacker to me. The big, flaming cannons are quite a hint.

Everyone musta totally missed your submission =\ and most of the stuff does indeed look Grass/fire IMO.
1. There is no need to flame people, because they're opinion unless they are of course Anti-Semitic

2. I love the design of Cartoons and think it is a really unique one, not my favourite out of the thread but still an amazing pokemon.

3. Just because that peopel used Woodman to base spread on, doesn't mean that should get the vote. Heck I disagree with half the spread stats for pokemon based on appearence in the actual game, However, have you seen two stag's fighting Wood Hammer and Flare Blitz could easily be applicable to Cartoons,So IMO this point is moot.

4. Cartoons has none of the negatives people view Woodman being both Bulky, but alot more special orientated (Which is what people want). A deer is not necessarily as fast as a mammoth.

5. Woodman looks for all it's amazingness in drawing like a Megaman character.

6. I don't think DJD's, Blu's and Nopies signify Grass/Fire in their appearnce, those DJD's drawing does kick ass it's typing doesn't suit it aswell as the others presented here.

Why you should pick Cartoons! drawing.

A. He'll make a kick ass gif using it.
B. Most interesting concept design of the whole C-A-P process.
C. Looks like it can be a Single Evo or apart of an evoloution line (No it does not evolve from Shaymin.. A hedgehog)
D. This game does not need another lizard, and Stantler isn't manly enough to be a stag.
E. The ability to do be able to work into new creative streams, where as I think Woodman's might look abit set.

There, think I am done :)

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
I swear to fucking god if Cartoons! wins, I'm gonna sprite that sexy son of a bitch, flaming Bambi (named Bamburn maybe?:justin2:).

It's just amazing to see so many great designs. I really hope everybody continues submitting art for the next CAP's.

While I liked all the designs in the poll (and also some that didn't make it, ilu GG), my favorites were Woodman, Bamburn, Koa's and Pyrosnake. In the end, I went for Bamburm (I like the name), because I could really envision it fighting in a battle or encountering it in the wild.

You'rea a fucking 10 year old blinded by your sadness because the art you're supporting is losing. Go grow some balls, and harden the fuck up.
i hate to ruin this thread with flames but aki can you shut the fuck up

While does Aki always seem to have the most horrible explanations to justify what he feels is right. He talked about his spread being one of the best, when it was noticeably unbalanced. It seems like he is just a troll, but at the same time, i think he is serious = / quite sad if you ask me.

Anyway, back on point. Actually, it is about what design looks the best. Appearance doesn't always have to go with the Pokemon style. Vaporeon looks heavy as hell, but only has a 60 Base Power Grass Knot. Either way, Elagune's woodman still looks like a Fire/Grass Pokemon, just like the rest of the choices in the poll. So with all of them looking and and having a feel for a Fire/Grass Pokemon, it does actually come down to the best appearance.

Voted for Cartoons!' deer/stag creation without a second thought. By far the most original and intriguing concept and one that seems far more special based while still retaining bulk than the majority of the other competitors.
Ditto

I still like Blu's piece but it doesn't have much of a chance to win between Elagunes and Cartoons =/

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Aki's, Ghandi's and Lil Ant's posts all made me lol.

Gorm I loled with. (as usual)

Anyway, looks like this is going to be between what we all thought initially anyway...

I'm not really sure who I want to win, but for some reason a Deer just seems fast to me. I can't get past that stereotype :X

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I am torn between Elagune's Woodman and Cartoons's deer. I ended up voting for the woodman, since he seems to be more sturdy and fits better the stats we have so far, IMO.

1. There is no need to flame people, because they're opinion unless they are of course Anti-Semitic

Mmm...The smell of toasted Smogonite on the Open fire in the morning.

2. I love the design of Cartoons and think it is a really unique one, not my favourite out of the thread but still an amazing pokemon.

So do i, but Woodman just fufills the Bulky SOAB Better imo.

3. Just because that peopel used Woodman to base spread on, doesn't mean that should get the vote. Heck I disagree with half the spread stats for pokemon based on appearence in the actual game, However, have you seen two stag's fighting Wood Hammer and Flare Blitz could easily be applicable to Cartoons,So IMO this point is moot.

I really don't see how it gets either TBH...

4. Cartoons has none of the negatives people view Woodman being both Bulky, but alot more special orientated (Which is what people want). A deer is not necessarily as fast as a mammoth.

Please clarify: I'm not really seeing where you're coming from.

5. Woodman looks for all it's amazingness in drawing like a Megaman character.

And what's wrong with megaman i ask you?

6. I don't think DJD's, Blu's and Nopies signify Grass/Fire in their appearnce, those DJD's drawing does kick ass it's typing doesn't suit it aswell as the others presented here.

Agreed.

Why you should pick Cartoons! drawing.

A. He'll make a kick ass gif using it.

A gif! wowz.

B. Most interesting concept design of the whole C-A-P process.

That's your opinion; Revenankh and Syclant were just as good. No idea is outstandingly better than another, the best one only JUST Scrapes through.

C. Looks like it can be a Single Evo or apart of an evoloution line (No it does not evolve from Shaymin.. A hedgehog)

Loads of stuff does that.

D. This game does not need another lizard, and Stantler isn't manly enough to be a stag.

Moot Point. This is the CAP for Metagame balancing, not the Game needs moar stags plzplz Project. You cannot say this as a serious point as the Competitive community will not be affected by the amount of Lizards/Stags in the game.

E. The ability to do be able to work into new creative streams, where as I think Woodman's might look abit set.

If you've been keeping up to date, then you'd know that if we were to give it any more Special attacking potential then has already been suggested it ends up broken.

There, think I am done :)
While does Aki always seem to have the most horrible explanations to justify what he feels is right. He talked about his spread being one of the best, when it was noticeably unbalanced. It seems like he is just a troll, but at the same time, i think he is serious = / quite sad if you ask me.

Now how is it noticeably Unbalanced? there is no huge defence drop, and decent SpA, whilst maintaining a lower attack/speed.

I could sit here all day and flame you, while you flame back, but that wouldn't contribute to the topic any would it? ;)

For the bit about horrible explanations: If you don't like my reasoning, quote it and tell me why. There's a little thing called Feedback i've been giving to everyone (Except some has been a bit harsh, but people need to learn to deal with it), and I seem to be almost the only one giving it.

As for trolling, if i were, then i'd be sitting here not contributing to the discussion and flaming DJD and the blue team, and smogon. Which i am clearly not doing, nor intend to do.

Anyway, back on point. Actually, it is about what design looks the best. Appearance doesn't always have to go with the Pokemon style. Vaporeon looks heavy as hell, but only has a 60 Base Power Grass Knot. Either way, Elagune's woodman still looks like a Fire/Grass Pokemon, just like the rest of the choices in the poll. So with all of them looking and and having a feel for a Fire/Grass Pokemon, it does actually come down to the best appearance.
They all do (Except for DJD's, which looks like X/Ghost), but you have to take into account that what this was designed for needs a bulky spread with half decent, but not good, special attacking prowess. None of them cut it except for Woodman and the Short deer.

Aki's, Ghandi's and Lil Ant's posts all made me lol.

in what way?

Gorm I loled with. (as usual)

gorm has advanced beyond the limit of normal Smilies E_e

Anyway, looks like this is going to be between what we all thought initially anyway...

Hey, aldaron got it right...again!

I'm not really sure who I want to win, but for some reason a Deer just seems fast to me. I can't get past that stereotype :X
The shorter deer looks bulkier then speedier to me, kinda like a moose :kongler:
KoA you should have taken my advice and used Plasma as a basis for fire, that just screams Cellophane to me =\

I was hoping the lava snake would get more votes, it certainly obtained mine!

It is definitely the best concept in my opinion. After that I would probably select the Deer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)