CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 12b - Supporting Moves Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Our Pokemon so far:

Name: Ultimate Scout
Description: A Pokemon that is very capable of forcing the opponent to reveal vital information about their team members and their moves using various techniques.
Type: Steel / Ghost
Ability: Frisk / Limber
Stats: 80 HP / 103 Atk / 85 Def /55 SpA /80 SpD /110 Spe

This poll will determine which moves deemed controversial here will be considered Allowed.

Controversial Moves:
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss
-Transform

To vote, simply bold the moves you want allowed. Leave the others as they are. Allowed and Unallowed moves can be found in the link above.

-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss
-Transform

double screens-this isn't deoxys-e...
darkvoid/lovely kiss/transform-they are exclusive moves, lets leave it as such.

-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss
-Transform
NO Screens. I want this thing scouting, not supporting.
I suppose a sleep move is alright, but it faces compettion from other moves.
Transform is just useless over other options.
And last but no least, Psycho Shift. For those who choose Frisk, it can block/hinder other pokemon with status. It is better than refresh because it gives status to the opponent. And that's that.

-Light Screen
-Reflect
-
Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-
Lovely Kiss
-Transform

Im all in for everything
i dont like one sided pokemon
and if it can support a team as well as scout, so be it
What use is a scout if everypokemon had only one moveset and only played one role?
That may be beside the point, but i like pokemon that can do different roles in a team, and, therefore, I support everything
and if transform is "unusable" then dont use it
it can be a fun move for a poke with great immunities and resistances

-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss
-Transform

Giving this thing the screens would be ridiculous. And Psycho Shift is kind of pointless considering this guy is immune to 2 of the 3 commonly Shifted Status ailments (Sleep can be Shifted but only if Sleep Talk is used). If we gave CAP7 Psycho Shift I think Limber would be used a lot less.

-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss
-Transform

Screens: No. That's not the point of this Pokemon, we don't want a DS set to be possible. Doesn't help scout. Psycho Shift is meh, no harm done but not likely to generate usage. Dark Void with 110 speed is a little too much, and although Lovely Kiss isn't much of a difference, it's the lesser of two evils. Transform is a NO. There is no sense behind it, and every argument for it has been stupid.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Light Screen
Reflect
Psycho Shift
Dark Void
Lovely Kiss
Transform

Light Screen + Reflect + Memento, combined with this thing's typing and defenses can lead to horrors upon horrors for set-up.

Hypnosis is a perfectly usable move, and, to be honest, I'd like to avoid anything that'll allow CAP 7 to put things to sleep too often.

Transform is a no.

In my opinion, this is how scouting goes (in order of importance):

1. The Pokemon on your opponent's team. Tyranitar, Mence, Arghonaut, etc.
2. The general movesets on your opponent's Pokemon. CBTar, MixMence, BU Arghonaut, etc.
3. The exact moves your opponent's Pokemon has. Tyranitar has Pursuit, Crunch, Stone Edge Aqua Tail. Mence has Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Roost, and Outrage.

Transform, honestly, only best applies to the least important (exact moves), and, really, guessing once you know the basic set (#2) is about as good nine out of ten times. Not to mention the turn you wasted using Transform, risky ability to threaten once you have used Transform, and so on.

Basically: bad. Don't use. Don't even consider.

-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss
-Transform

I just really like the idea of Transform, being a great scouting move and fitting with the whole mask theme.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss
-Transform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)