CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I get the game to start?

If I hit the game button it just opens a window and closes it before anything happens
I tried opening Luna Port also.

How do I get the game to start?

Are you using Windows Vista by some chance? It usually tends to block some of my programs too. You can try running the program as administrator by right-clicking on it and choose "run as administrator" option.

If that still doesn't work, do this:

1. Start
2. Right-click Computer, click Properties
3. Click Advance System Settings, you need administrator privileges for this
4. On the Advance tab in the new window, click settings
5. Click data execution prevention
6. Check the option "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
7. Click add and add both Luna Port and the game launcher to the list
8. Run the program

Awesome shizzle going on here. Too bad I suck. I can't even get past Pyroak on Breezin'... I'll probably change the controls around.

I can't really speak for Cartoons! But from my experiences with the program... it itself is sketchy. I would keep error reports down to simply Skill related issues.

when i click lunarport it say "the procedure entry point freeaddrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link libraby WSC_32.DLL"

Any idea what that means, how i can fix it?

okay it keeps saying winzip exctractor and won't show me the program. i need help!

EDIT: okay i found it but when i run the game, it saysall the "made by" stuff then CAP battle v02, and i can't click anything

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
EDIT: okay i found it but when i run the game, it saysall the "made by" stuff then CAP battle v02, and i can't click anything
It's all keyboard controlled, you can change the controls by going to Options>Keyboard at the top of the window I recall.

Sir-Half, it sounds like it's possible not all the files are in the same folder. Try unzipping the game again? If that's not the case, are you running on a Mac perhaps?

Arb, are all the Lunaport files in the same place? Try running the self-unzipping executable again and if the problem persists, PM me and I'll send you a fresh copy of Lunaport and all the necessary files to see if that makes any difference.

Also, I am taking note of the errors and bugs being found and have already corrected many of them for the eventual release of v.03. Thanks for keeping on my tail about these, guys, as I do want to make sure the next version plays as smoothly as possible.

decided to do arcade mode in sweatin today and managed to reach the end with pyroak and i have to say that final boss is crazy but i manage to beat him after a few times yet again awesome game cartoons!

yay it works. I love syclant's blizzard.

You're in a battle, you're on low health and you're like crap, he still has half his health left. I'm totally screwed.

Then you use blizzard, it annilihates and you're like,"HAH! Suck on that, [CAPmon]! Don't think that you can mess with me, cause I've got it!"

Then you do a gay dance and someone walks in and says,"wtf all you did was beat a CAP on breezin mode."

I just noticed that in the ending credits sort of thing, you gave thanked all the original art designers, but you skipped Stratagem

hey pyroak is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdone even on swearin mode(I know its sweatin mode mode but all it does is make me swear). you cant go up and hit him cause he'll hammer you. you cant jump and hit cause he'll flamethrower you. you cant go back and bulk up cause he'll fireball you. IT'S INSANE!!! he shoots like three projectiles at you without even charging. His combos go on forever. Even on Arghonaut fireball does at least a quarter health(i don't know if you have weak/resist a part or not)

The flinching lets pyroak annihilate me even when he has 1 health! It makes me so mad cause I'm like yes, I'm finally gonna beat him! and he's like boom-boom-boom-boom dead arghonaut. Argh!

got to final boss I actually kind of expected it too. real neat though. attempted to do it first with fidgit, revanahk decided to be a pure bitch to me so I gave up because I just didn't want to spam earth power and stuff. decided to try it out with pyroak with like no prior experience. he did well thank god for that uplift flamethrower combo and solarbeam.
going to start playing online more now!! cannot wait for future addition mons

The flinching lets pyroak annihilate me even when he has 1 health! It makes me so mad cause I'm like yes, I'm finally gonna beat him! and he's like boom-boom-boom-boom dead arghonaut. Argh!
Here are some tips from a fellow arghonaut player.

Spam mach punch > sweep. Time it so that he will be hit as soon as he gets up. He most likely will not block it.

If that doesn't work then get distance. If he follows you, then try hitting him with cut. After cut, use Bulk Up. If he doesn't follow then make sure he is crouching or something (so that he doesn't use fireball). Then use Bulk Up. Rinse and repeat until you have 3 bulk ups, and then hope that you can get a few good combos in (or spam mach punch > sweep if you get the chance).

got through with fidget easily. on boss. boss is easy with comet punch, i just spam l until it hits him, then do rapid spin. works mostly. that thing throws me around so fast i have a headache.

EDIT: that boss pisses me off. some of the moves are stupid, like he just grabs you and flips you over. also, on his "final smash" as i like to call them, all he does is jump up with you and bring you down. he does a combo where you fly up in the air and he hits you and come sailing down but that isn't as much damage, which is stupid cause you're falling with more force.

EDIT2: suck that boss. I beat you with a utility user! HAH!!!

My tactic for beating Pyroak in Sweatin' with Syclant worked after some practice. Get some distance between you and Py, press A+D at the same time, which allows you to both move up and block projectiles at the same time, get in his face and block his first close assault move, then spam Swords Dance. Retreat before he gets a chance to react, and then rinse and repeat until you win. The only change you should do in this tactic is when the Gauge is full; then you spam Ice Shard in hopes of pulling a Blizzard. A similar tactic works on most other Pokemon except for those that spam Grab attacks.

I have a strategy to beat Pyroak with Stratagem on Sweatin'.

That by using Ancient Power Weak, so it goes fast. Then jump and do your strong air attack. Pyroak can do 5 things to stop Ancient Power, he can block, use Ember, use Energy Ball, use his strong attack, or jump. If he does any of these, usually your strong air attack will hit him. When you're in close do quick weak attack, alternating between low and medium. Usually it can keep him stopped so you can build up some more damage slowly, but watch out for when he comes back, if you're close he can Wood hammer twice.

Pyroak is easy with Stratagem. Space yourself so that if you jump a bit forward and fire a Power Gem at the peak of your jump it'll hit him. You should still be far away enough to avoid the Flamethrower. Then, just fire the Power Gem, he'll jump up and get hit, and then return and land in the place you jumped from. Rinse and repeat.

If you don't want to abuse the AI, combining Power Gem, Ancient Power, and levitating past him to hit him with a strong aerial will usually beat him, 8/10 times. Duck under projectiles.

I have a question about the multi-player mode. Is there any way to change the coarse? Every time I played in Multiplayer in version 1, It always went to syclants stage. Now, it always goes to the pirate ship. Is there any way to change this?

I have a question about the multi-player mode. Is there any way to change the coarse? Every time I played in Multiplayer in version 1, It always went to syclants stage. Now, it always goes to the pirate ship. Is there any way to change this?
Go under Options, Game, and there should be the choice to change the stage.

I am a noob at this, but I still find this HIGHLY ENTERTAINING FUCKING HELL

especially playing with Arghonaut

I have a wuestion though

In changing the controls, I went to the option menu, but then even after i input stuff, press OK, restart etc the controls remain unchanged. Help would be appreciated.

hmm, try changing the 2nd player controls. The game recognizes you as Player 1 or 2 depending on which button layout you activate first. For the sake of online play, I made the default control schemes for Players 1 and 2 the same, but for some reason the game will always recognize you as Player 2.

Glad you're enjoying it.

For anyone looking for a match, I'll be hosting for the next hour or so.

Are you sure you're hosting? As I can't see you now.

PS: I saw you earlier, tried to press 4 (the number next to your name) and it just didn't connect. I don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)