Tournament CAPTT VI Captain Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
CAPTT VI Captain Signups​

There will be 6 teams and the tournament will have 5 weeks of round robin and 2 weeks of playoffs (not counting any potential tiebreakers). That places the end of the tournament sometime in late-mid August. All teams must have one captain available from early June through early August. If you know you won't have access to the internet at any point during that time, you will be able to pick out an assistant manager from the players you draft to act as an assistant manager.

Note: Assistant Managers can only come from the player pool.

If you want to manage a team in CAPTT VI, make a post below to apply. Managers will be decided by the metagame mods. This thread will be open for one week.
Code:
Manager:
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
CAP Involvement
Why would you make a Good Manager?:
Sign ups will close on Sunday 19th June at 11:59 GMT, at which point managers will be decided!

We're currently looking at five players per week, take a look at this thread for further discussion on formats.

Manager: Jho
Team Name: Surging Snaelstroms
List of Accomplishments: Captained the winning team of last CAPTT, won a few seasonals and placed 2nd in a few more
CAP Involvement: CAP RO, CAP Metagame and C&C Moderator, CAP27 TL and CAP26 TLT, played in or captained in the last 3 CAPTT's.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I'm very committed to CAPTT and would be sure to make sure my team has an excellent experience in the tour. Being an assistant manager in CAPTT 4, as well as being able to take my team to victory last CAPTT as captain I've had a decent amount of good experience managing and think I am able to creat environments where all of my players are both having fun and doing their best to help each other out with prep and ultimately, win the tour. I've had a good amount of experience with all of the proposed metas for the tournament and am sure to be able to help anyone on the team with any issues or learning the tier.

Lets go snaels back2back!

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Manager: cbrevan
Team Name: Choice Band Revenankhs
List of accomplishments: I've captained the Choice Band Revenankhs in the past five CAPTTs, of which two years we've won and one year we've come second.
CAP Involvement: CAP RO, CAP Metagame Moderator, CAPTL for Kerfluffle and Moves TLT for Pajantom and the starter trio. Five time CAPTT captain.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: CAPTT came about from the desires of a group of old CAP players who wanted a tour to showcase the metagame they love and a way to connect with our players in and outside of the CAP community. I still believe that to be the purpose of CAPTT and I'll do my best to ensure that everyone I draft is included and given a chance to play and connect with the rest of our team. As far as captaining experience goes, I have extensive experience with both running and drafting a team, as I've lead the CBRevens since the inception of this tour, and I'm positive that I can create an enviroment in which my players can go far.

Steam Buns

:rosetriumph:
is a Pre-Contributor
Manager: againa
Team Name: Perilous Pinecos
List of Accomplishments: Won the super special CAP tournament and placed highly in several others including being a finalist in the equilibra playtest and a semifinalist in the jumbao playtest
CAP Involvement: CAP room voice PRC member active participant in forum tournaments and metagame discussion for the past 3 years
Why would you make a Good Manager?: From the 2 CAPTTs and 3 NFEPLs I've been a part of I've seen and understood what it takes to manage a successful team as well as what not do to. As a manager I'd ensure that not only my team does well but that each member is included one way or another and that I promote an enjoyable team dynamic and environment, I certainly have the skill in working with others and experience to achieve this goal and I'm passionate about doing so. Additionally have the necessary understanding of CAPs metagames to aid any team members in learning the tier.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Manager: -Voltage-
Team Name: The Galactic Astrolotls

List of Accomplishments: Clef voting reqs, frequent PS room tournament winner, consistently high placing tournament player in seasonal and other team tournament events, CAP27 Concept winner, maintaining contnued presence of PodCAP, I actually applied

CAP Involvement: Host of PodCAP active participant of the CAP25-27 sprocesses, CAP lurker since Mollux. Active participant in Discord and PS room. CAP NFE Council member (lol)

Why would you make a Good Manager?: Alright folks, I'm not great at talking about myself, so bear with me. There is a point to my rambles. I was a member of the Choice Band Revenanhks last CAPTT and went for 3000 as one of the last picks. Over the course of the five weeks of regular play I proved my worth as a player and a constant presence in our Discord server community. These skills don't necessarily translate to managing a team in the traditional sense, but for someone who wasn't terribly involved in the competitive CAP scene, I was able to use my social skills and commitment to the game to integrate myself into the community. I understand what it's like to be someone who is new to the scene and who might not be confident in their own skills, I was that person a year ago and sometimes still am. But I am a risk-taker and willing to step up and try something new that others might not be sure of.

As a manager, it would be my job to make sure that my team has high morale, is interested in collectively getting better as players and is ultimately winning games. While this would be the first time I would be leading a team in a competitive Pokemon realm, I'm no stranger to being both a coach and group leader. I have done work as a tennis coach with developing and experienced students, and I have led my university's section of professional academic societies over the course of this past year. I have a strong sense of leadership and a hard work ethic and I believe I can be an effective leader for our team. Part of that process is getting to know members on the team and understand where their strengths and areas of improvements lie in order to foster their growth both in the game an in a social matter. At the end of the day, we want to have fun, and it's my job to make sure that people on my team would be having fun while playing CAP.

tl;dr - I've been a coach/captain/leader, I have a passion for CAP, and I know what it's like to be a player on both ends of the skill spectrum.

(without formatting)
Code:
Manager: -Voltage-
Team Name: The Galactic Astrolotls
List of Accomplishments: Clef voting reqs, frequent PS room tournament winner, consistently high placing tournament player in seasonal and other team tournament events, CAP27 Concept winner, maintaining contnued presence of PodCAP, I actually applied
CAP Involvement: Host of PodCAP active participant of the CAP25-27 sprocesses, CAP lurker since Mollux. Active participant in Discord and PS room. CAP NFE Council member (lol)
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Alright folks, I'm not great at talking about myself, so bear with me. There is a point to my rambles. I was a member of the Choice Band Revenanhks last CAPTT and went for 3000 as one of the last picks. Over the course of the five weeks of regular play I proved my worth as a player and a constant presence in our Discord server community. These skills don't necessarily translate to managing a team in the traditional sense, but for someone who wasn't terribly involved in the competitive CAP scene, I was able to use my social skills and commitment to the game to integrate myself into the community. I understand what it's like to be someone who is new to the scene and who might not be confident in their own skills, I was that person a year ago and sometimes still am. But I am a risk-taker and willing to step up and try something new that others might not be sure of. As a manager, it would be my job to make sure that my team has high morale, is interested in collectively getting better as players and is ultimately winning games. While this would be the first time I would be leading a team in a competitive Pokemon realm, I'm no stranger to being both a coach and group leader. I have done work as a tennis coach with developing and experienced students, and I have led my university's section of professional academic societies over the course of this past year. I have a strong sense of leadership and a hard work ethic and I believe I can be an effective leader for our team. Part of that process is getting to know members on the team and understand where their strengths and areas of improvements lie in order to foster their growth both in the game an in a social matter. At the end of the day, we want to have fun, and it's my job to make sure that people on my team would be having fun while playing CAP.

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Birkal
Team Name: The Jumbo Jumbaos

List of Accomplishments: I served as a manager for CAPPL V, where we tied for third with a positive record at the end of the season. I also served as an assman in the previous one, which also tied for third. I also led the Bedroom Blisseys OMPL team to back-to-back victories. Finally, I have been an assman in SPL during seasons five and six for the Team Raiders.

CAP Involvement: I've served as the CAP Head Moderator for nearly a decade. In that time, I've won several stages, launched many projects to Pokemon Showdown, and started many initiatives, including one that shifted the focus of CAP onto the CAP metagame.

Why would you make a good manager?: I'm a people person, and I like to scout for talent, particularly in other formats. I like helping people connect and build teams together, and getting conversations going. I'm not pushy, but I impress on my team the importance of winning and showing up prepared. I'm not the most skilled battler, but I help out where I can. I'm also a pretty good Discord user and do a good job of setting up a server and communicating with the tourney leader.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Manager: Felucia
Team Name: Punny Privatyke
List of Accomplishments: I'm friends with people who accomplished things!!!! I guess I also got top 4 managing 1v1PL twice
CAP Involvement: Room driver and somewhat active (ladder) player
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Lots of general mons experience, some CAP experience, and managing experience for 1v1 team tournaments, I'm also invested in the CAP community and would do a good job selecting players!

Thank you to all who signed up to be a CAPtain! With these signups, we have our captains for CAPTT VI set! They will be
Jho with the Surging Snaelstroms :snaelstrom:
cbrevan with the Choice Band Revenankhs :revenankh:
againa with the Perilous Pinecos :pineco:
-Voltage- with the Galactic Astrolotls

Birkal with the Jumbo Jumbaos :jumbao:
Felucia with the Punny Privatykes :privatyke:
We will make an announcement post and player signups shortly, keep your eyes out!

In other news, we are still looking for a volunteer to create the schedule and post the weekly threads and to just overall host CAPTT VI. If you are interested, please feel free to shoot me or cbrevan a DM on discord or here on smogon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)