ORAS LC CAW CAW! Flying Spam

Intro

I've been testing lots of different fletchling-based teams recently and this one stands out from the rest of my attempts. It's based around the dual-flying core of Fletchling and Vullaby. Staryu is the resident spinner. Mienfoo is a pivot, and the semi mandatory lc fighting type. Pawniard traps spinblockers, wallbreaks, and snatches unexpected kills. Diglett traps weakened enemies and flying checks. It's been performing well, but I don't think all the kinks are ironed out, and would appreciate the suggestions of the RMT forum :D

Diglett

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

Ahh, diglett. Such a useful mon. I like substitute in the 4th slot, as it offers a way to deal with sucker punch users. Diglett can trap and remove troublesome walls for chinchou, including pawniard and chinchou.

Fletchling

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Fletchling is an amazing revenge killer, and can sweep weakened teams. Gale Wings is just so good. Lots of mind games with u-turn and roost. Vullaby can erode shared checks with knock offs. Fletchling is really the structural centerpiece of the team.

Staryu

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover

I love Staryu in LC. It is my go-to spinner. This spread is bulky and fast, can spread burns, and soft check certain fighting types with psychic. Recover is great for faking out sucker punches and punishing sloppy play. Staryu is obviously the team's rapid spinner, keeping the field clear of rocks so Vullaby and Fletchling don't have issues switching in and out.

Mienfoo

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick

Standard fast pivot. I don't ordinarily run HJK on foo, but I've been testing it out on this team to give it a bit of unexpected oomph. Perhaps a coverage option or taunt would be better. I have also considered testing the bulkier, slower pivot foo I usually use on my teams, but I think this team appreciates the 17 speed. Not much else to say. u-turn can help fletchling and diglet get in unharmed.

Pawniard

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

I really like scarf Pawniard. People don't always expect it and this nets me wins when people lose a diglett or a weakened-foo for free. Pursuit can deal with injured abras and trap spinblockers that prevent Staryu from keeping the field clear. Standard coverage moves.

Vullaby

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
- U-turn

Vullaby and Fletchling, the best birds in lc, form an excellent flying core. U-turn helps it keep momentum, along with the teams two other u-turners. The other moves are all standard. Vullaby is a hard foongus swichtin, it deals with bulky fighters, and can tank a lot of shit while still hitting 15 speed.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide improving the team :)

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Hello!

So one major change that you could make is changing High Jump Kick on your Mienfoo to Stone Edge. This way you can hit irritating fire types such as Ponyta and Larvesta that really annoy this team, and opposing flying types to help the birdspam combo. High Jump Kick is usually quite useless, and you will rarely find yourself using it when you could just Knock Off or Drain Punch. Stone Edge can actually surprise people and can secure you some nice kills.

Another change that you could make would be to change Brick Break on your Pawniard to Stealth Rock. This may seem like a strange change at first, but it tends to work out really well. Often with Scarf Pawniard you will end up having turns where you have your Pawniard out, your opponent is going to switch, but you have already knocked off their Pawn-switch-in's Eviolite. This is where you use Stealth Rock to chip away at the enemy health which allows for the birdspam combo to nab important kills. You often find yourself never having to use Brick Break on Pawniard. The only real scenario is where you get a free switch in to an enemy Pawniard, and hope they don't switch out. Stealth Rock is a very useful move to have on your team, and is better than it looks in this position.

A final change I would make on this team would be to replace Vullaby. I am not a huge fan of this particular Vullaby set for multiple reasons. While it has a surprising amount of power, its low speed has lead me to dislike this set. I would replace Vullaby with Doduo. Doduo is seen on a lot of birdspam teams because its insane power and ability to do huge amounts of damage even to mons that resist it.

Doduo @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 236 Atk / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Hidden Power Fighting/Return

STAB Brave Bird with Life Orb boost nearly 2hkos the entire meta, and being in the 18 speed tier helps it outspeed most mons. Knock Off is just a useful move in general that helps remove Eviolites and other items. Quick Attack is nice priority that can be used to snipe low health mons and hit Scarfed mons. And finally, you can choose between Hidden Power Fight if you feel like you need to lure in Pawniards or Return if you want another super strong STAB attack that pretty much 2hkos the entire meta.

I hope this rate has been helpful!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)