Choice of Six - an OU RMT

Hello.
The purpose of this team is to deal extremely huge amounts of damage to the opposition without setting up at all. There isn't such thing as "weak link" in this team, as every Pokemon has its role.​

The funny thing about the team is, that all the Pokemon are choiced. This doesn't make the team worse, but to the contrary, it makes the team even better!​

Entry hazards wise, this team is doing very well. Four Pokemon are immune to Toxic Spikes, one takes advantage of them. Two Pokemon are immune to Spikes, and only one Pokemon is weak to Stealth Rock.​

I have used this team for about two / three months, and now it's quite boring to use (for me). So I am posting it. You can change anything to make the team better. :toast:

Heatran (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower / Magma Storm
- Dragon Pulse​

Heatran is a good lead. I chose him not mainly to lead off the team, but because of his valuable typing, which makes him my Scizor counter. That doesn't mean that SpecsTran is a joke lead, though. It is capable of OHKOing even Occa Berry Metagross!​

The moveset is the normal SpecsTran set, edited a bit to fit my team better. Overheat, as I said, OHKOs OccaGross, and basically all the Steel types except for Heatran. Hidden Power [Grass] will always OHKO Swampert leads, and they almost never switch out. Fire Blast is a more of a staying power move, and has a big chance of 2HKOing Blissey if I get a Flash Fire boost. Both Overheat and Blast also bring Salamence to Bullet Punch KO range. Dragon Pulse is the move of choice to hit Dragon types, OHKOing Salamence, Flygon and most Kingdra. Earth Power is quite useless here, as my team beats all it's targets (opposing Heatran, Tyranitar and Empoleon). I am considering Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast, it's really accuracy vs. power factor.​

The EV spread is simple. There really isn't anything I am aware of that I should change in it. Nature wise, Modest doesn't give me any advantages over Timid, as Occagross is OHKOed even without Modest, and Overheat (or Fire Blast) does over 45% to Salamence already, enough to finish it off with Scizor Bullet Punch. With Timid, I can also outspeed Smeargle and OHKO, or damage it enough for Sand Stream to finish it off (if Sashed). But he would sleep Heatran, disabling it, so I really think Magma Storm could work to break Sash with it's side effect. I tested it, and it works quite well. But I don't know if it fits into the team enough. Oh, and also, Heatra couldn't outspeed 32Spe EVs Celebi with a Modest nature, with Timid it does. It also outspeeds Adamant Mamoswine.​

I think that I shouldn't replace this guy, as it is my main Scizor counter.​

Salamence (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump​

Salamence is simply brilliant, and always nets me a KO or two. This is my Lucario counter. Excellent coverage, power and mainly the fact that nobody expects this makes it so helpful.​

The moveset is completely standard, Salamence's special movepool is not too big. Draco Meteor is an insanely powerful move even without Specs, and with them, it is capable of OHKOing Swampert, Gyarados and seriously damaging Skarmory and Forretress. Dragon Pulse is the "cleaning" move, and basically can sweep weakened teams with no Steel types left. Flamethrower aids the coverage by eliminating annoying Steels that aren't (surprisingly) OHKOed by Draco Meteor, and OHKO's all of them except for Empoleon and Heatran. Hydro Pump is a powerful move to take down pesky Heatran and is a really good move of choice if I don't want both Fire types and Steel types to ruin my sweep.​

Standard EV spread with a Timid nature. I think the ability to outspeed most (if not all) opposing Salamences, Celebis and Zapdos is better than extra power Modest provides (Zapdos is 2HKOed by Dragon Pulse). Also, the boost in power is unneeded, as it doesn't change any 2HKOs to OHKOs.​

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 152 HP/252 Atk/104 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Aqua Tail
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge​

Tyranitar si possibly the best example of a bulky sweeper. Survives quite a few hits, and is terrifyingly powerful. This is a great Psychic pokemon and frail special attackers counter, and is truly important member of my team. It is also kind of a wall-breaker, and helps against stall. Sandstorm is not too much of a problem to my team, it actually helps me weaken the opposing team.​

Again, standard moveset. Crunch is a reliable move, and packs quite a punch. Pursuit is very important, as Pokemon like Azelf and Jolteon can no more sweep my team with the threat of a powerful Pursuit. Stone Edge is immensely powerful, and is capable of OHKOing non-bulky Scizor, inflicting upwards of 80% damage to bulky Scizor, so my Scizor's Bullet Punch will finish it off. Also, Stone Edge 2HKOs standard Skarmory. Aqua Tail 2HKOs standard Hippowdon, opposing Tyanitar and OHKOs Heatran.​

The EV spread is taken from the outdated analysis, with Spe EVs edited to outspeed 16 Spe EVs Skarmory and 68 Spe EVs Vaporeon. 252Atk EVs and an Adamant nature are used to attain maximum power.​

Machamp (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 112 HP/16 Def/240 Atk/140 Spd
- Ice Punch
- Payback
- Close Combat
- Thunderpunch​

Guts Machamp is really underrated, but in fact he fits a lot better into this team than Heracross and is actually more powerful than him. This is my main Tyranitar counter, and it beats even 1 Dragon Danced Tyranitar, not being OHKOed even by LO +1 Adamant Earthquake. Most teams have a Pokemon that OHKOs Blissey, but there aren't much reliable Blissey switchins due to fear of Paralysis or Toxic poison (or Flamethrower for Scizor), Guts Machamp is one of the few Pokemon that can switch in without any problems, maybe even receiving a helpful boost in power due to status. Like my Tyranitar, Machamp is also a wall-breaker of sorts.​

These four moves are quite possible the best Machamp has to offer. But they are good enough to defeat every Pokemon there is. Close Combat is immensely powerful, enough powerful to 2HKO Tentacruel, Skarmory and Hippowdon. Oh, and it also has a great chance of OHKO Scizor. Payback is a blessing here, providing almost perfect Dark + Fighting coverage, and OHKOs Rotom formes and Dusknoir assuming a Guts boost (yay for burn). Ice Punch and Thunderpunch are kind of filler moves, altough they are really helpful to annihilate Gyarados and Salamence on the switch. Also, they provide the pseudo BoltBeam combination.​

This EV spread is a little bit complicated. 140 Spe EVs make Machamp faster than standard Skarmory, so it can 2HKO it. The Spe EVs are there because when Skarmory switches in to take a powerful Close Combat, it responds with Brave Bird to OHKO the defensively weakened Machamp. So, the EVs are needed to outspeed and quickly KO before Skarm can. 112HP gives me overall bulk, and 16Def EVs ensure that I am not OHKOed by LO +1 Adamant T-Tar Earthquake (assuming Stealth Rock). 240Atk EVs and an Adamant nature give me enough power to 2HKO the already mentioned Skarmory (also Forretress and Hippowdon of course).​

I will replace this guy only if absolutely needed.​

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP/176 Spd/252 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Trick​

Quite possibly my favourite Latias moveset. As you probably know, the biggest problem of Choice items is that they make a Pokemon a set up fodder when it is locked to some unnefective move against the target. So Pokemon like Gyarados can set up on my entire team and sweep it. Here is a Pokemon that saves the team from this horrible scenario, Scarf Latias! Outspeeding and OHKOing +1 Gyarados and Salamence, Latias can be called the "glue" of my team. The fact that it is so vurnerable to Pursuit is not a problem, as its job is only to take down the threats that set up.​

The moveset is really simple. Draco Meteor is a very powerful move even without any boost, and obviously OHKOs Salamence and other Dragons (except for opposing Latias). Thunderbolt will OHKO Gyarados and do a bit of damage to Togekiss, and Suicune along with other bulky waters. Surf provides great coverage with the other two moves, and make Latias a great Infernape and Heatran counter. Trick is a hefty move of choice to ruin a predictable Blissey switch in (basically, stall destroying move).​

This EV spread is quite simple. 176Spe EVs are enough to outspeed +1 Naive Salamence. 80HP EVs help to take Infernape Close Combats and Heatran Fire Blasts better. 252SAtk are needed to OHKO Gyarados and Salamence, and make Latias decent offensively.​

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower​

Nothing is more standard than good old CB Scizor. This guy is very reliable, and gives me a deadly priority move in Bullet Punch. Also, it is the best scout in OU. Scizor is my Mamoswine and Weavile counter, and is usually the most active Pokemon in the team.​

The moveset is also standard. Bullet Punch is my priority move, reaching 90 base power because of STAB and Technician. This move is really helpful to stop Salamence or Tyranitar, and is a great move in general. U-Turn is obvious, and deals huge amounts of damage, even if resisted. Scizor gets STAB on it, and the move in general gives me the edge over my opponent in the battle. Pursuit is the move of choice if Latias or Celebi is proven too annoying, and want to get rid of it fast. Superpower gives decent coverage, and I sometimes use this when I predict a Magnezone or Heatran switch in.​

Yes, standard EV spread. 252HP EVs make Scizor quite bulky, and 252Atk + Adamant nature are used to power up Bullet Punch and U-Turn. 4SDef are just filler EVs that help me to take Latias Dragon Pulse or Celebi Grass Knot without any problems.​

Threat List
Dangerous Pokemon will be underlined.

Scizor - Heatran is a great counter. Takes Bullet Punch without problems, then OHKOs with a Fire move. Salamence is not bad, as Intimidate lowers Scizor's Atk, and the Dragon can OHKO with Flamethrower. Tyranitar may lure it out and OHKO (or bring it to my Scizor's Bullet Punch OHKO range) with Stone Edge. Machamp OHKOs with Close Combat.

Salamence - what team counters this? Well, I don't have a Pokemon that can take MixMence's attacks without problems. Latias outspeeds and OHKOs with Draco Meteor. My SpecsMence outspeeds most opposing Salamences (due to EV spread) and OHKOs with Dragon Pulse. Scizor dos upwards of 60% with Bullet Punch, if not Intimidated. Machamp OHKOs with Ice Punch. I know that Salamence is threatening to my team, but I always handle it.

Gyarados - it may seem that my team is weak to it, but Gyarados is really easy to handle. My Latias surprise kills and outspeeds +1 Gyaradoses with Thunderbolt. The sea serpent is also OHKOed by SpecsMence Draco Meteor. Gyarados is also going to have a hard time switching into Tyranitar, as Stone Edge OHKOs, and Crunch does hefty damage. Machamp OHKOs with Thunderpunch, so if I have a good day predicting, Gyarados may be done for.

Heatran - Tyranitar takes Fire Blast without any problems, and doesn't care much about Earth Power too much. OHKOs with Aqua Tail. Latias, like Tyranitar, has monstrous SDef, and is immune to Earth Power and doesn't mind HP Ice, and it 2HKOs with Surf at worst. Salamence doesn't take Fire Blast as well as T-Tar and Latias, altough it is capable of countering Heatran too. Hydro Pump = dead Tran. Machamp OHKOs with Close Combat.

Metagross - damn Metagross. Thanks god half of them are leads, as I can quickly destroy them with Heatran Overheat. AgiliGross is quite possibly the most dangerous, altough Machamp and Salamence are not OHKOed by LO Meteor Mash, and Machamp does enough damage for Scizor to pick it off, and Salamence OHKOs with Flamethrower. Still a pain in the ass, though. If it is not AgiliGross, then good for me, I just switch in on Meteor Mash with Heatran and OHKO.

Tyranitar - Machamp is my main counter. It is resistant to T-Tar's STABs, survives even +1 LO Earthquake and retailates with Close Combat for the OHKO. Scizor is brilliant, also, and OHKOs with Bullet Punch or U-Turn. My Tyranitar hits it hard with Aqua Tail, and Salamence's Hydro Pump is an OHKO.

Infernape - Salamence does a good job. Takes Close Combat without problems due to Intimidate and Fighting resist, and Fire Blast is no problem, too. The Dragon OHKOs with Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse or Hydro Pump. Latias does an even better job than Salamence, altough I don't want it to be Pursuited early.

Lucario - not too much of a problem. Salamence is a great counter, surviving +2 Extremespeed without problems, due to Intimidate, then OHKOing with Flamethrower. Scizor OHKOs it with two Bullet Punches + LO damage. Machamp OHKOs with Close Combat, Heatran with Overheat.

Rotom-A - a little bit tricky, but not too much. Tyranitar is a perfect counter. Even if it gets burned, Pursuit will still OHKO on the switch. Heatran is really cool, as it OHKOs with Overheat, and Thunderbolt is not too problematic.

Latias - Scizor resists Dragon moves, and OHKOs with Pursuit on the switch or U-Turn. Tyranitar is really good, too, as it takes minimal damage from Latias Dragon Pulse, and takes a Surf without bigger problems. OHKOs with Pursuit on the switch, or Crunch.

Gengar - Scizor never fails. Resistant to Shadow Ball, and OHKOs with Bullet Punch. Salamence survives every attack it has except for HP Ice, and OHKOs with Draco Meteor. Latias outspeeds and OHKOs with Draco Meteor.

Swampert - I don't have an exact counter, altough all of my Pokemon damage it really hard. Machamp does upwards of 90% with Close Combat, Salamence OHKOs with Draco Meteor, and is immune to Earthquake, Tyranitar lures it out, outspeeds and 2HKOs with Crunch.

Blissey - Machamp is a perfect counter. Doesn't mind status due to Guts, and OHKOs with Close Combat. Tyranitar does a good job, OHKOing with Stone Edge. It doesn't mind T-Wave too much, too. Scizor does well, altough Flamethrower is annoying. Latias may trick a scarf to it.

Jirachi - SubCM sets are really dangerous. I can easily beat those with Psychic and Thunderbolt, Tyranitar doesn't mind it much, and 2HKOs with Crunch. Flash Cannon variants are completely dangerous, though. My only hope is to somehow destroy the Sub and OHKO with Machamp. Thankfully, I almost never see nonlead Jirachi (lead Jirachi are easily beaten by Heatran).

Starmie - i can usually handle it. Tyranitar surprisingly handles it really well, taking even a LO Hydro Pump, and OHKOing with Pursuit. Scizor is not bad, as U-Turn OHKOs. Latias is probably the most reliable counter, as it doesn't take much even from Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt brings Starmie to the Bullet Punch KO range. Machamp can surprise kill with Payback.

Azelf - Tyranitar laughs at it. It doesn't take too much from Grass Knot or Explosion, and always OHKOs with Pursuit. Scizor does a good job, and inflicts 85% damage with Bullet Punch.

Gliscor - easy. Salamence is immune to Earthquake, and OHKOs with Draco Meteor. Same with Latias, altough it 2HKOs with Surf. Machamp surprise OHKOs with Ice Punch.

Vaporeon - I can handle it, usually. The most common moveset of HP Electric / Surf / Wish / Protect is ruined when my Latias tricks a scarf on it. Tyranitar does a good job, as it survives Surf, outspeeds and 2HKOs with Crunch.

Magnezone - All of my Pokemon have a way to destroy it. Heatran is probably the best, as it takes a Thunderbolt without bigger problems, and OHKOs with a Fire move. Machamp OHKOs with Close Combat, too. Tyranitar doesn't mind Thunderbolt, and 2HKOs with Aqua Tail. Scizor can surprise kill with Superpower. Latias resists Thunderbolt, and 2HKOs with Surf.

Zapdos - Tyranitar takes Thunderbolt without any problems, and OHKOs with Stone Edge. Heatran and Salamence OHKO with Overheat and Draco Meteor.​

So that's the team! Of course you can test it in practice, I hope you will before rating it!​

Just one small thing I may add:

Because Scizor is often switched out, 248 HP EV's makes Scizor's HP non-divisable by 8. This means that he can suvive 8 switchs while Stealth Rock is up. Your better off running 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

SD Lucario
Lack of SR

How to fix:

Choiced teams are usually having a tough time with Stall Teams because you get locked into one move. Its a hard build but you seem to have built a pretty decent one yourself. Now lets put that aside and talk about the bigger issue - SD lucario. It gets locked in on several moves, and you give it a free SD, enough to neutralize your entire squad. You say Salamence is your check? I can almost guarantee you that its not because it dies to +1 CC followed up by Extremespeed. What I think you should do is add a Scarf Metagross to check the dude. Although slipping it in might be hard.

Metagross
@ Choice Scarf
Jolly nature (Spe+ / SpA-)
28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe

- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Explosion

Metagross seems to fit right in over Cb Scizor and let me explain. Scizor is only going to check Salamence and Tyranitar, as the details mentioned, well Latias already checks Salamence and Metagross can check both Lucario and Tyranitar. Even outpacing it after a DD. Meteor Mash will OHKO Tyranitar mainly and unboosted Salamence. Earthquake gets rid of Lucario - taking a huge load of your back. Thunderpunch is ommited for Zen to hit Rotom succesfully, even scoring a 2HKO with the additional flinch. Explosion puts the icing to the cake which allow you to have a good weapon vs Stall Teams so your not dead weight vs them. Overall, this might fit in nicely on the team to check on the greatest threat to your team as well as contribute to other things.

As for the lack of SR its bad. Simply put, you'll make things easier when facing Stall Teams with SR on your team. I think your better off placing SR over the third slot to bluff your item. And as an added bonus, it helps your sweepers deal with hard-core flying-types like gyarados and salamence.

As for other options, i would try a 252 Atk / 176 SpD / 80 Spe spread to deal with Latias and special attacks better. It focuses on dealing more with Life Orb Zapdos, Life / Specs Latias and safely Pursuit it to hell. thats all i could suggest for now, gl.

Just one small thing I may add:

Because Scizor is often switched out, 248 HP EV's makes Scizor's HP non-divisable by 8. This means that he can suvive 8 switchs while Stealth Rock is up. Your better off running 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD.
Thanks, this is going to help! =)

Problems:

SD Lucario
Lack of SR

How to fix:

Choiced teams are usually having a tough time with Stall Teams because you get locked into one move. Its a hard build but you seem to have built a pretty decent one yourself. Now lets put that aside and talk about the bigger issue - SD lucario. It gets locked in on several moves, and you give it a free SD, enough to neutralize your entire squad. You say Salamence is your check? I can almost guarantee you that its not because it dies to +1 CC followed up by Extremespeed. What I think you should do is add a Scarf Metagross to check the dude. Although slipping it in might be hard.

Metagross
@ Choice Scarf
Jolly nature (Spe+ / SpA-)
28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe

- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Explosion

Metagross seems to fit right in over Cb Scizor and let me explain. Scizor is only going to check Salamence and Tyranitar, as the details mentioned, well Latias already checks Salamence and Metagross can check both Lucario and Tyranitar. Even outpacing it after a DD. Meteor Mash will OHKO Tyranitar mainly and unboosted Salamence. Earthquake gets rid of Lucario - taking a huge load of your back. Thunderpunch is ommited for Zen to hit Rotom succesfully, even scoring a 2HKO with the additional flinch. Explosion puts the icing to the cake which allow you to have a good weapon vs Stall Teams so your not dead weight vs them. Overall, this might fit in nicely on the team to check on the greatest threat to your team as well as contribute to other things.

As for the lack of SR its bad. Simply put, you'll make things easier when facing Stall Teams with SR on your team. I think your better off placing SR over the third slot to bluff your item. And as an added bonus, it helps your sweepers deal with hard-core flying-types like gyarados and salamence.

As for other options, i would try a 252 Atk / 176 SpD / 80 Spe spread to deal with Latias and special attacks better. It focuses on dealing more with Life Orb Zapdos, Life / Specs Latias and safely Pursuit it to hell. thats all i could suggest for now, gl.
thanks for the rate!

For the Swords Dance Lucario problem, let's see the most common scenario that will happen with it:

T-tar uses Pursuit (locked to Pursuit), in comes lucario. Sets up, as I obviously switch to my Lucario counter, Salamence. Lucario has a Swords Dance up, and uses Extremespeed. Salamence survives with over 50% Hp, and OHKOs with Flamethrower.

Now my question is... How the hell can I let my opponent set up for two turns? I always switch to Salamence when I see Lucario, and Mence just OHKOs it.

Then, lack of Stealth Rock. I never had a problem with it, as my Pokemon don't need it to change 2HKOs to OHKOs. SpecsMence, unlike MixMence, already OHKOs Gyarados even without the help of rocks. I don't think Stealth Rocks are crucial to the success of one team.

Now my question is... How the hell can I let my opponent set up for two turns? I always switch to Salamence when I see Lucario, and Mence just OHKOs it.
I thought the same but it really isn't the main point. The only way Mence can counter Lucario is if he's at full health before he switches in as stealth rock will be taking out quite a bit of health. The fact that he's is choiced makes this almost impossible as he will be switching in and out quite often. If your opponent decides to save Lucario for late game (which is normal as they would want an idea of your team) then your Mence probably won't have enough health to survive the Extremespeed. I see no reason not to use the Metagross set as it only makes this team do better. If you still choose not to run it then that's your choice. I would then remove Pursuit on Scizor as having two Pursuit users is very redundant. Instead, give Scizor Quick Attack which lets him deal damage to Gyarados or Zapdos as well as hitting things like Infernape.

Good luck

Hmm, I see. Okay, I will try Metagross. You are probably right about using Quick Attack on Scizor, hmm. btw, Salamence takes about 44% damage from LO Adamant +2 Extremespeed, assuming Intimidate, so I can switch into Stealth Rock two times.

Oh, and there's no need to reccomend a choiced Pokemon! This is just a first version of the team, you can add even Pokemon like Blissey if it helps. Choiced Pokes are not a must

Actually having pokemon w/ trick is an amazing way all choice teams can gain an advantage against stall.

Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Jolly; 252 Hp/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def.
Spore/ Switcheroo/ SR/ Spikes(or an attack)
-This can give you gobs of advantage in the early game. it loses to Jirachi and Metagross w/ a lum. But against things like Swampert and the like you can get down several layers of hazards, and potentially cripple 2 pokemon. I've even nailed Blissey's with the scarf predicting spore. Try it, it really is a wonderful lead.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
scarf metagross could be his lead, and i agree with its inclusion on this team.
Instead of meteor mash or zen headbut(does zen headbut OHKO standard lucario? you should look into that too) i would put trick on. Optionally you can also add stealth rocks to it, but then its only attacks are explosion and earthquake which may be undesirable (or very desirable).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)