Ciran draws Pokemon

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
is a Top Artistis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Today, Sept. 1, the PS! Wi-Fi room will be having a mass Tapu Giveaway. Swing by to try and win one.

As the Alola region is based on Hawaii, I thought this style to be appropriate this time.

Kapa is unique to Hawaii, it differs from Polynesian Tapa in the creation methods. It is used as clothing, bedding, banners, etc. depending upon a person's caste. Stamps are used to print patterns onto the cloth, often repeating. The different symbols have different meanings. The patterns used are based on traditional patterns used in kapa. I went through photos of museum collections to find most of them.

The graphics in the backgrounds are the symbols in the Z-Crystals for Electrium, Fairium, Grassium, Psychium, Waterium, and Tapunium.

Paper texture was free use, pm me if you'd like a link.

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
I am much more fond of Galar Ponyta now with the game footage video of it and the 2D official art. However I disagree with their approach, I think it should be more atypical cute and make it a little chubby and scruffy to make it look more like a Shetland Pony. Then Galar Rapidash can be the perfect looking unicorn evolved from the ugly duckling.

Galar-Ponyta_ShetlandPony2.png
Galar-Ponyta_ShetlandPony1.png

could be chubbier, could be scruffier

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
Drew these back in the end of July/beginning of June for something. Don't think they've been used anywhere, so figured I'd post them somewhere.

WiFi-TepiggyBank.png

A Tepiggybank. I think I was walking through Target when I had the idea for this, saw a Pikachu piggy bank and was very disappointed in it.

WiFi-TP.png

TP is the currency the PS! Wi-Fi room uses for prizes. Based the design heavily off of the BitCoin design. The ₽ is the symbol for Pokémon Dollars in game. Credit to Wyrx for thinking to use the Mongolian tögrög, ₮, fitting for a Mongolian dog-fighting simulator.

Last edited:

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
Wrapping up 2019

Sketches from the last WiFi giveaway, if you missed it, the room was mass giving away breedjects for the new gen with a holiday theme.

Dreidel: Baltoy
December2019_baltoy.png

Kwanzaa/Menorah: Litwick
December2019_litwick.png

Present Pokemon: Delibird, Cleffa, Pichu, Togedemaru, & Togepi
December2019_delibird.png
December2019_Cleffa.png
December2019_pichu.png
December2019_Togedemaru.png
December2019_Togepi.png

Present thief: Nickit
December2019_Nickit.png

General winteryness: Snom, G-Darumaka
December2019_snom.png

December2019_G-Darumaka.png

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
The 25th was the lunar new year, PS!Wi-Fi had another giveaway for the occasion. Went with the same art style I did last year; red envelopes are given out as gifts with money inside and they sometimes have a gold illustration on them.

no shame in stealing the pose off the pichu sketch I posted earlier for the minccino

I think I improved on the style since the last time I did this.

Last edited:

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
You never cease to amaze me with those giveaway artworks. There's something very fresh and unique about your style, perhaps the slight adjustments in proportions and slightly less humanized faces? And the simplistic color choice works perfectly with it.

Guinea pig Zigzagoon is definitely my favourite. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)