Cofagriboss

Cofagriboss
Welcome Smogon to another one of my RMTs, this time I shall be presenting an RU team for the first time. For this one, unlike many of my others I did some research about the tier, so I chose Pokémon that could counter the top 10 most used Pokés in the Tier and some other big name threats. Seeing as this Tier isn't completely dominated by Offense or Defensive teams I chose to use a Balanced team like the majority of other people. That's enough general talk, onto the team.
A Quick Glance

Meet the Team...

Cofagriboss (Cofagrigus) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD [2 Spd IVs]
Quiet Nature (+SpA, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

General Overview: Cofagrigus is the #1 used Pokémon in RU for good reason, it's bulk is fantastic, it's terrible Speed with access to Trick Room and one of the best boosting moves in the game, Nasty Plot. It compliments the slowish nature of my team with Trick Room, most of the time it just stays on the field and boosts up and attempts a sweep.

Nature and EVs: Cofagrigus benefits from having the least amount of speed possible, just to maximize speed in Trick Room. The spread is to maximize bulk and power. The 2 Speed IVs are used to gain access to Hidden Power Fighting. The 4 SpD EVs can go into Def if necessary but it doesn't really matter.

Moveset: This is the standard Trick Room + Nasty Plot Cofagrigus set we see running around in RU constantly because it's Godlike in all of it's brokeness, if you don't know how it works I suggest you scan your brain for any cancerous growthes. So essentially you use Trick Room to potentially make Cofagrigus the fastest Poké on the field. Nasty Plot increases Cofagrigus's Special Attack 100% so if you hit something it's getting hit hard. Shadow Ball is STAB and has decent power, Hidden Power is coverage and with Shadow Ball it hits at least everything for neutral damage.

DeathSushi (Qwilfish) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Haze
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall

General Overview: Qwilfish is probably the best utility Pokémon in RU, access to moves like Haze, Spikes and Toxic Spikes can leave the opponent in trouble if they don't get rid of this thing. Qwilfish also has a nice typing being able to take hits from Enteis and Hariyamas. Intimidate takes his semi-decent Defense and turns it into a wallable stat with the opponent's halved attack.

EVs and Nature: The standard Qwilfish spread, bulk everywhere, it's only attack move is pretty pitiful and won't be used often, usually to kill off the stray Entei or Cryogonal and not much investment is needed to do that to such frail threats. Maximum Defense because Qwilfish needs to take on those physical threats.

Moveset: This is the standard Utility set that you see used because it's really all that Qwilfish is good for. Haze is to shut down some boosters that think they can just set up on my face or stop some already boosted sweepers. Toxic Spikes and Spikes are to wear down walls and some sweepers that come in and they are just general good things to have on a team. Waterfall is my only attacking move, it's there so Qwilfish isn't 100% Taunt bait.

Pew Pew! (Magmortar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

Overview: Magmortar has gained usage in RU and that is for good reason, Magmortar is a monster, it's decent Speed, amazing Special Attack and movepool options give it a spot on just about any team. I chose the Choice Scarf set because Life Orb isn't really helpful to me since I just want this thing to revenge kill weakened opponents.

EVs and Nature: The EVs are pretty much taken from the Smogon analysis, it gives Magmortar an odd number of health and it outspeeds all Pokés with 80 or less Speed and ensures Maximum Special Attack. Timid is a solid choice because Magmortar's Special Attack is at a high enough level for RU to kill off most threats and the Speed is really needed.

Moveset: This is the standard moveset of the Special Attacking Magmortar, it gets amazing coverage between all four attacks and can generally check most Pokés in the RU Metagame. Fire Blast is STAB and it's power can lead it to shreading through most Pokés that may even take neutral damage from it. Thunderbolt is to take out those annoying yet slow bulky waters that are more physically oriented but otherwise it smacks the birds of prey in RU. Focus Blast smashes Aggron to bits as well as Klinklang or even the famous Eviolite Rhydon. Hidden Power Grass pretty much fills in the gaps of Quagsire and Lanturn who are OHKOd and 2HKOd respectively.

Edward? (Golbat) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Toxic

Overview: Golbat is a pretty effective Eviolite user in RU, taking on most Fighting type Pokémon and even works as a decent Special wall if needed to do as such. Golbat pretty much Stalls with Toxic and keeps some bruisers at bay. Inner Focus is used to gain use of Roost. Golbat checks a lot of the most common typed Pokémon in the Tier which makes it a solid addition.

EVs and Nature: Max HP is pretty much standard for any wall with an average or low HP, split defenses make it capable of taking on threats from both sides of the spectrum. Impish Nature is pretty standard I don't want to be taking away from the power of Brave Bird and of course Golbat is a primarily physical wall.

Moveset: This is standard Stallbreaker / Defensive Golbat at it's finest. Toxic and Taunt leave the opponent unable to cure themselves or boost up to take me out in one shot. Roost restores the health of Golbat by half and makes sure that Golbat doesn't stop his reign of terror on the opponents team. Brave Bird prevents Golbat from being obvious Taunt bait and has decent oomph behind it.

Goosebumps (Uxie) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Memento
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock

Overview: Uxie has the defenses of Gods and it's low tier, it doesn't bother me, I like to use Uxie, the thing that makes Uxie the best is it's solid Speed stat of 95. I put Uxie on this team as a Special Wall and a Dual Screener, it does both fairly well and it even sets up Stealth Rocks, which is pretty key in a metagame where so many Pokés are weak to it.

EVs and Nature: As I said in the overview Uxie is used on this team to wall Special Attackers so I invested as such in EVs and with the Nature. I invested the 8 Speed EVs for the Speed creep of champions to drop a Screen or Memento before a Taunt from the enemy. The Nature is pretty much passable between Calm and Careful.

Moveset: Dual Screens is Uxie's purpose and Dual Screens are amazing to have on the field, it prevents the opponent from maximizing damage and getting crucial OHKOs or 2HKOs. Which screen is dropped first depends on what the opponent has in or what I am planning on bringing in next. Memento shuts down most sweepers and even weakens the opponents and forces switches letting me set up and whatnot on the opponent's face. Stealth Rock is pretty much the best move in the game, it shaves off so much health from an opponent just from switching in, it's a must for pretty much any team.

IDEK (Sandslash) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Overview: If one needs a solid spinner that can even beat the opponent down with the EdgeQuake Combonation Sandslash is probably the best canidate. Sandslash acts as a Rapid Spinner and a physical sweeper for my team, he can pretty much pick apart the most solid of walls. As a spinner he is also vital because entry hazards are ridiculously good and to keep them away you will need a solid spinner, like Sandslash.

EVs and Nature: I'm a speed, creep, creepin' on heaven's door. This Sandslash speed creeps other Sandslash beating 4 Spd variants by 1 point so I should win all 1 on 1 encounters with other Sandslash, not only that but Sandslash should be able to kill off other spinners easily. Max attack and Adamant is pretty standard for Swords Dance Sandslash.

Moveset: Sandslash can kill off most spinblockers, opposing spinners and a large majority of utility Pokés that set up hazards with EdgeQuake + SD. Rapid Spin is necessary for any team with recurring Stealth Rock weaknesses, especially if they are a revenge killer and wall. Swords Dance is the boosting move of choice and increasing Sandslash's attack by 100%.
Final Glance of the Team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)