ORAS NU Come rate my team. (Been awhile)

I'm not super great at making everything look all fancy but i'll give this my best shot as i really have been wanting to share my new team i built.

Let's start with my first Mon

Monferno @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Well my first mon is Monferno. I've recently started using this mon as a lead pokemon as i feel like he can bring great pressure. he does seem to have a weakness to scarf turn leads or faster leads that he can't OHKO or pressure. I think he brings pressure later in the game as well but most of the time he does end up as taunt/SR fodder with maybe a good CC every few games. U-turn allows me to start out on a slower mon that wants to come in and tank monferno. While SR and taunt let it provide entry harzards and deny the enemies. CC is a strong attack move that i can get off if i feel like breaking a tough wall is more import or i already have rocks out and i need some damage down.

My second mon is

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

My 2nd mon is Swellow. I've fallen in love with this set in NU as it can fill so my roles. I can use it to pressure early, mid , and late. It's fast enough to sweep and revenge kill. Boomburst allows it to hit so hard with specs and some rocks can't even switch-in with out being 3-4ohko'd it has power. Heat wave is brought to kill off tough steel mons that want to wall you and u-turn is used to switch on a predict mon that you can't hit hard(Regirock).
HP Fighting is rare i think but Aggron has become a real threat and it hits other things slightly harder than boomburst. HP fighting lets me OHKO aggron and use Swellow as a lure. I don't see much use in other moves in the 4th slot and my team isn't really strong to Aggron so this is a good spot to fill.

My third mon is

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

My 3rd mon is Shiftry. Shiftry is a mon i've loved and hated for awhile i don't love his speed tier but it's good enough i also sometimes click sucker spam too much. This thing packs a punch and while i was gonna run the mixed set i wanted to SD up and OHKO Yama and other bulky ish fighting types. Hitmonchan is a problem for this mon as Mach will always kill but hitting with a seed bomb hurts like hell this thing is a true wall breaker. Sucker allows me to kill of faster mons as Knock off is a very spammy move that hurts even when resisted. Seed Bomb is a good coverage stab that lets you hit fighting types and provides great coverage. SD will let you set up on predicted switches to allow for a ohko and even chances to sweep. SD isn't super common so people won't know what to expect if you see a yama in a game you have a lot of control with your Shiftry.

My fourth mon is

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

My fourth mon is dual dance Rhydon. I feel this mon is interesting as it's such a big threat even with just a RP up. if you get the right prediction and some how get both up i think the game is already yours sometimes this thing is a win con and sometimes it's fodder but in the end it always comes in handy even if i'm not using it to set up. Rock polish allows me to boost my speed to 396 which is faster than even Swellow at that point and with Rhydons 130 base attack and strong stab moves you can finish a lot of teams from just there. Sword dance allows me to use another boost to do a lot more damage and break Audino. Stone edge and EQ are your 2 stab spammy moves. You'll love these moves (Till Stone edge misses 3 times and you lose cause of it) Outside of that you'll love them :).

My fifth mon is

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 152 Def / 208 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

my fifth mon is Lanturn. I wanted a good pivot support mon and lanturn is just so good at just that!
Scald is a good pressure move that can apply burns to add on some extra damage Volt switch always me to keep my pacing up and always stay ahead. I don't find myself using heal bell a lot but there has been 2 games where i've turned everything around because of it. Will-o on Rhydon can be a pain and toxic on your own lanturn is annoying too. Twave is to hit mons that want to come in and set up on me things like liligant. It also can cripple other mons aswell to help Rhydon set up later. The one cool thing about Lanturn is that it's typing is Electric and water meaning it's scary for a ground types to want to switch in on you. making Twave spam and Volting much safer.

My final mon is

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Ice Beam

My final mon is Mesprit. I picked Choice Scarf Mesprit cause i wanted something that could revenge kill faster mons and sweep out a game. U-turn lets you pace yourself and move on predicted bad switch ins(It also makes Shiftry go poof). Psychic is your strong stab move that allows you to sweep and clean up the game. Signal Beam lets you hit Malamar on a revenge kill and other Psychic/Darks(Or shiftry).
Ice beam is a filler move chances are you'll almost never use it and i've thought about replacing it with healing wish. I just really like mesprit as a revenge killed and sweeper good power good speed with CS and has good coverage.

Well this is my team it's based on a hyper offensive style team and any ratings are loved this team has been pretty good for me and i hope to improve it even more.

Thanks again ciao!
~Rishani

Hey, thats a pretty cool team you have there! There isn't too much weakness, but i'll suggest one or two changes.

Firstly Lanturn. Lanturn isn't really good in hyper offense, especially the pivot, as it waste all the offensive pressure of your team. So, I'd like to suggest LO Kabutops > Lanturn Kabutops is not only agressive, but it help your team with spinning because your team is actually pretty weak to spikes/toxic spikes as you have 4 grounded Pokemon and no way to remove them, in addition, Kabutops also gives to your team an useful priority in Aqua Jet, but it also with Shiftry confuse your opponent about who is the hazard removal, letting Shiftry lure the opponent more easily expecting the Special Defog set.

On Swellow, i'd really like to suggest Sleep Talk over HP Fighting as you have nothing that can deal with Vivillon or Lilligant, Swellow help you to hit them hard while absorbing the sleep as nothing on your team like to take a Sleep Powder bar Shiftry, also, you already have a lot of way to deal with Aggron in this team.

Finally, thats optional, but i'd like to suggest Healing Wish over U-turn on Mesprit. Healing Wish looks useful on your team as you have 2 set up sweeper and 1 wallbreaker who enjoy receiving an Healing Wish, that can be useful in a lot of situation.

- LO Kabutops > Lanturn

- Sleep Talk > HP Fighting

(optional)

- Healing Wish > U-turn

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

That's all I have to suggest, hope i've helped even if it's a little bit, have a good day! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)