Congratulations! You're membership has been accepted!

Welcome to DaftClub!

This is a team that SR and I made together. It's pretty spesh.

I'm uploading it in 10 minutes, before I go to bed. SirRaven insists.

I'm too lazy to find sprites.

:avatar2:
Bronzong @ Leftovers [Aerodynamic]
Levitate
Sassy
252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Hypnosis
-Reflect

The lead. Made specifically for countering some stuff like tyranitar and getting reflect up.

:happybrain:
Wobbers @ Leftovers [One More Time]
Shadow Tag
Bold
252 HP/252 SpD/6 Def
-Encore (ONE MORE TIMEEEE) YEAH!
-Tickle
-Mirror Coat
-Counter

ONE MORE TIME.

Tickle down walls and crap and switch to ttar.

:chaos:
Heatran @ Leftovers [Shiny Disco Balls]
Flash Fire
Modest
52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
-Rest
-Lava Plume
-Earth Power
-Sleep Talk

Status absorber, sucks up the fireweak from mamo and bronzong.

:justin:
Mamoswine @ Life Orb [Da Funk]
Snow Cloak
Adamant
124 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Def / 68 SpD
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Curse
-Stone Edge

Primary sweeper, made for the hurt on gyarados.

:jump:
Tyranitar @ Choice Band [Steam Machine]
Sand Stream
Adamant
252 HP/252 SpD/6 Def
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch

Works in conjunction with wobbers to kill off blissey, skarm, bronzong, forretress, and others. I take no credit for the strategy.

:cloud:
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Calm
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Wish
-Protect

So we don't get shut down by gyara :D

completely shut down by standard gyara lead ?_?

edit: so replace suicune with hp elec vappy. wobba likes wishes.

edit: whats with the kooky hp evs over def evs on wobba i hope that's a type especially with a bold nature

edit: you still don't really have any safe switches into cbtar since bronzong is 2hkod

I could see Hera causing trouble here. None of your walls can switch in and 1HKO before getting 2HKOed. Bronzong can't sleep before getting killed, and even then you risk sleep talk variants or can't get Burn/Toxic Orb users. Ice Shard is a 3HKO, and you get outspeed with Mamaswine.

Heracross decimation...I would probably even consider a very bulky celebi with 136 spe and psychic to take on heracross and then use grass knot to take on Gyarados. Then just use thunder wave and leech seed.

If you predict wrong or Wobuffet is weakened, SD Lucario screws you over. Hell, with it's 4x resistance to Dark it may even survive Pursuit. To help with this you may want to consider maxing Mamoswine's Speed as most Lucario are Adamant and Jolly won't hit Wob as hard.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You could always use Starmie with Thunderbolt instead of Vaporeon, for Gyarados. This will ensure you some protection against Toxic Spikes, and the like. It will also grant you a 100% Infernape counter, instead of relying on Vaporeon (who could get effectively worn down through Toxic Spikes / SR). Wobbuffet, however, still works alot better with the advent of Wish. You can keep Vaporeon and add Rapid Spin

KinglerDude, a Celebi without Recover isn't going to live very long, especially when its only hope for recovery is Wish from Vaporeon. Which is flawed in so many ways.

Bronzong doesn't have Stealth Rock? Reflect's a good option, but it's generally for Pokemon who don't have better things to do. And considering Bronzong hasn't got Stealth Rock on the team, I'd advise you add Stealth Rock over Reflect.

It's well-known around Shoddy that Wobbuffet paired with sweepers is devastatingly dangerous. Weaknesess aren't ever considered in teams like them. Which is why you don't have to listen to all the "Heracross weak, Infernape weak", because your main goal is to finish off your opponent with no regrets, no looking back, all you do is keep adding on the pressure from turn one opening up your opponent's team.

Garchomp is a potential alternative over Vaporeon / Heatran with SandStream in play. Also, Swords Dance, and Substitute, when your opponent's Pokemon is forced in an Encore is a big worry for anyone.

Well as true as the fact that Wobbuffet is dangerous with sweepers is, the simple fact that Bronzong isn't (who leads doesn't pose much of an offensive threat at all) doesn't help that pace. Opponents may also employ the same strategy and his sweepers aren't exactly fast. Besides, the main point of the Wobbuffet set he's using is to set up a kill with CB Pursuit. Even so, you'll probably need to run some speed to get Blissey, Cressy, and Skarm scot free. A once Cursed Mamoswine isn't exactly as threatening as a +2 Lucario, Garchomp, Infernape, or Azelf is it?

Heracross can switch in all day and tear this team apart with Megahorn. Lucario waltzes in after Tyranitar kills something with Pursuit, SD's up and could easily sweep this team. You have to remember that there are many ways for this team to get set up on, especially with Tyranitar locked into a resisted or Intimidated Pursuit.

Looking again, I see that Adamant CBDugtrio with Toxic>Aerial Ace/Night Slash/Sucker Punch, takes out half your team, but that's uncommon.

Garchomp probably would work well with Wobbuffet, but you'll lose your primary sweeper, Reflect and Sleep, Wish support and Gyrados counter, or status absorbtion.

You have far too many Fight weaks for my liking, something like Breloom won't be stopped very easily.

You probably want a Salamence or a Gyarados somewhere, and I would probably select the former as you have enough Ice resists to handle Salamence's counters.

Life Orb Curse Mamoswine probably won't work too well as Mamoswine doesn't have many resistances (Poison :toast:) to set up with, while it has common weaknesses in Fight, Fire and Water; two of which resist your priority STAB move. This could be replaced with some kind of bulky Fight resist, or you could keep it and replace something else...

I don't know if the EVs you gave Vaporeon will even allow it to beat Gyarados, they look like Gyarados will 2HKO you in return for your 2HKO on it (Gyarados wins if you switch in on its DD). Although I haven't checked this, without any defense I think Vaporeon gets a stat less than 200 which isn't really very useful for beating a physical sweeper!

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I am seriously not liking the glaring Heracross weakness. You need some form of counter to it. You MIGHT be able to handle ScarfHera but not BandHera. Nothing can take a hit from it. It's not very good that the only form of taking it down is by revenge killing with Mamoswine. You need a real counter. Gliscor can fit onto this team quite well, perhaps over Heatran, since your team can already absorb fire attacks with Vaporeon.

Also, your team still has some trouble with Gyarados. You want your Vaporeon to be as defensive as possible to counter Gyarados. With such horrible defense (as seen by your variant), it won't be there for long against Gyarados. Iirc, a normal Vaporeon would get 3-4HKO, but your variant is screaming for a 2-3HKO (depending on the amount of residual damage/damage taken before hand) and that doesn't make it a worthwhile counter. Vaporeon can't even survive the number of hits it needs to be able to take in order to KO Gyarados.

EDIT; This is what I get for leaving a page open for hours and forgetting to hit refresh - repetition of what the former poster has said. -.-

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So many things can give this team problems. Taunt / Waterfall / Earthquake / DD Gyarados 2HKO's Vaporeon, OHKO's the rest of your team besides Wobbuffet and Bronzong, both of which are completly shut down by Taunt.

Next we have SD Lucario. Your entire team is outsped and OHKO'd if it gets just 1 Swords Dance in. Not a good thing to have.

To fix this, we can add a Gyarados of your own. Dragon Dance / Stone Edge / Waterfall / Earthquake (Taunt, Ice Fang, whatever you want). Intimidate means that you can switch into opposing Gyarados pretty well, and hit them hard with Stone Edge. Gyarados will also give a decent counter to SD Lucario. With Wish support from Vaporeon, Gyarados will last quite a long time.

The other thing you could do, is combine Earthworm and Taylors suggestions. Replace Vaporeon with Starmie to add a better Gyarados counter, and take out Heatran and add in a Salamence with Roost. This will stop quite a few Infernapes, Lucario, and many fighters in general from ravaging your team.

Ch-ch-changes;

Starmie > Vaporeon, to take care of gyarados and mixape threats.

Salamence > Heatran, to take care of other fighters.

I'm worried about status now, so I'm adding something over mamoswine. A restalker; Hariyama?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)