Contrary Dreams (VGC TEAM)

This is my first attempt at a competitive team. I have so far only tested in using VGC rules which it was made for. I like the line up but I am very interested in any input as I still have alot to learn.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf (Weak to : Ice, Electric, Poison, Rock, Steel)
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
I like using Togekiss with Klefki for Para/Confuse/Flinch hax If i do not open with Malamar/Klefki this guy is
usually one of my starts and i switch out as needed to either change scarf or hit for better damage or resist my opponents threats. I am not really in love with scarf but its all i could really think to go with and so far it hasn't really caused any problems.

Malamar @ Leftovers (Weak to : x4 Bug , Fairy)
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Substitute
Malamar is one of my personal favorites from this gen and with contrary it has really lead to some fun fights. When i am not opening with Togekiss/Klefki I open with this guy and Klefki. Depending on the match up I may immediately open with Superpower to start building stacks of Atk/Def. Otherwise I will go for the SE move first if I think I don't have time to superpower first.

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry (Weak to : Fire, Ground)
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Imprison
- Swagger
- Thunder wave
- Foul Play
Klefki is also a Pokemon for this gen near and dear to my heart. With prankster he has saved me several times from having someone outspeed and OHKO by allowing me the time to Sub or take a faster mon out first. I run Swagger on this guy mainly to counter opponents Malamar as it lowers his atk stat via contrary. Imprison is for my fellow klefki that may be running t-wave or Swagger as well or any other mon for that matter.

Talonflame @ life Orb (Weak to : Water, Electric, x4 Rock)
Ability : Gale Wing
EVs : 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
Talonflame is the Pokemon I'm least sold on so far in my team. As you may have noticed most of my team is not exactly what some people would consider speedy. I went talonflame for a option to have priority over faster mons and also to hit first even in trick room. In a regular setting i decided to run Tailwind over roost because I wanted to get the rest of my team a little bump on possible mirror matches.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite (Weak to : Fighting)
Ability: Scrappy | Parental Bond
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brick Break
- Shadow Claw
- Return
- Sucker Punch
Now that you have made it this far in my list you will probably notice i have two pokemon holding mega stones. I decided to do this mainly because it keeps my opponent guessing as to who is holding what. I also like the ability to choose on the fly if i want to mega kanga for the double hits with parental bond or as you will see below trap my opponents with shadow tag. I feel that with scrappy even if i decided not to mega kanga his bulk and atk would still allow him to be a viable attacker.

Gengar @ Gengarite (Weak to: [non-mega]Pyschic, Ghost, Dark [mega] also ground)
Ability : Levitate | Shadow Tag
EVs : 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hypnosis
- Substitute
Last but not least Gengar. There were alot of sets I went through trying to decide how best to approach this guy and decided to go with Hypnosis/Hex because I love status conditions and this team has already made moves towards using them to my benefit. Same as with kanga I ran a mega stone because i wanted the ability to shadow tag my opponents and just Hammer their sleeping mons to death or not and still be immune to ground with a nasty SpA stat and hide behind my sub.

Thank you very much for reading my team and please give me any tips or suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)