SM OU Cosmic power clefable team

Is clefable good?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A45171E0-C582-4854-A999-8B79B669CE22.gif455190FE-4F0F-494E-91A8-7A5FA75C2D07.gif3C15BD05-304D-4A9E-9AC4-40F9149F754F.gif8D4B5E1B-C993-4582-871F-5569D36D42D4.gifBC48E07B-0CF4-453C-A0AA-D275471CEB95.gif3523BE16-A6E3-4F8B-85E7-314685C21606.gif

Hello I am WCI and this is my first Smogon rmt post. I wanted to build a team around cosmic power clefable. It’s a broken pokemon that can sweep a lot of unprepared teams. I’ve been having alot of success with this team lately. Let’s get into the team shall we.

455190FE-4F0F-494E-91A8-7A5FA75C2D07.gif
Dat boi (Clefable) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled

So the first member of my cosmic power clefable team is clefable of course . It’s the pokemon I’m building around. If this thing sets up it can be a real problem for my opponent. It’s also a pretty good wall and setup sweeper. Magic guard is a very good ability which is very useful becasue it won’t be on a timer when it sets up. It can also switch in to moves like will o wisp and my team has 3 physical attackers which can get anyoing.

A45171E0-C582-4854-A999-8B79B669CE22.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Defog

The next member of my clefable squad is choice scarf lando. Lando can revenge kill things like heatran and koko which can be problems for my team. It checks physical setup sweepers like zygrade which can also be problems especially with sub. My team is very weak to fire types so lando is the way to go to revenge kill them. It also checks hard hitting attackers which can hurt clefable. ( ex: Zard X destroys my team if sets up. Same thing with pinsir.)

3C15BD05-304D-4A9E-9AC4-40F9149F754F.gif
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Magnezone is what I like to call the game changer of my team. My team is very weak to stuff like zapdos and steels so I added Magnezone to have a much easier time. Clefable can barely do anything with stored power at +6 and every thing else hardly does anything. That’s why it’s the game changer of my team.

8D4B5E1B-C993-4582-871F-5569D36D42D4.gif
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 102 Def / 158 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn is a switch in for special attackers like koko, lele, and greninja ash. Rain destroys me and I can have problems with lando. It has leech seed which can help vs heatran becasue I usually go lando if my opponent has heatran. Leech seed can give lando healing which is very useful. Helps vs ground types too which are problems for my team. (Please count how many times I said problems or problem.)

3523BE16-A6E3-4F8B-85E7-314685C21606.gif

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

Toxapex helps out with the fire weakness. I mean, HUGE fire weakness. It also can help vs special attackers. It also can haze sweepers like kartana if a faster pokemon on my team dies which helps alot and eat a bunch of random hits. I don’t just wanna rely on ferrothorn for this stuff ( tanking).

BC48E07B-0CF4-453C-A0AA-D275471CEB95.gif
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

Finally the last member of my team, lopunny (mega). I added punny because it can revenge kill stuff and break walls with low physical defense like chansey. It’s also like clefable, sweeping the unprepared. It helps vs Zygarde and can revenge kill koko and lele if there low enough. Ice punch with power up punch is very helpful for grass types.

So yea here’s the full import of my team https://pokepast.es/f888f005cd26b3b3 Any suggestions will help me a lot and I will definitely try them. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and please post what you think about the team. Also to make the team easier to rate here is a threat list
zapdos: I have to rely on lopunny lando or zone. Hp ice static zapdos is a very big problem checking lando and lopunny has a hard time if she gets paralyzed. So that leaves it all up to zone.

Mega Venusaur: yea it’s pretty much an auto lose to mega Venu. Clefable better be in or else it’s pretty much an auto lose

Stall: I haven’t battled stall very much but I don’t think I can break it even tho I beat it. Forgot to save the replay I hate my life.

Trick room: More of me but I’m putting it here anyways cuz I hate trick room more than stall and I hardly beat it.

All of the threats I can think of. For other grass types lopunny can weaken them with ice punch

Again thanks for reading and I’m open for any suggestions. Have a good day :DD

You said the word problem 8 times

This team is a pretty standard and solid team, so there aren't too many suggestions I would make except to change the Magezone set to something developed by Martin that deals with Kartana, Celesteela, and Zapdos while not having to be choice scarfed to do so
1521840682529.png

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

This set manages to compress the ability to trap Steela and Ferrothorn, while also being a great stop to unboosted Hawlucha and has the ability to trap Kartana with can be a problem to your current team. It also serves as a great soft check to Lopunny and can even stop Fightinium Lele in its tracks. Choice Specs is pretty bad in that you are always forced to switch out, but with Chople Berry, you can surprise fighting types and potentially stop them in their tracks. Thunder Wave also just provides more speed control while also annoying opponents.

On a side note, consider changing Toxapex Toxic Spikes to just Toxic to better the Zapdos match-up and all other defog match ups and if stall is starting to get really annoying then you could consider putting Encore on Lopunny

Also, just so you know, the inclusion of Toxapex makes it so that you will almost never autolose to Mega Venu if you play right since Toxapex can stay in on it forever and can potentially burn the plant dino while pp stalling it.

Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Defog

kek (Magnezone) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 72 Hp / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Encore
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

Reactions: WCI
Hey thanks for the rate. I do like the idea of chople berry zone. Will definitely improve the kartana match up and z fighting lele. I was thinking about toxic on toxapex but Tspikes are more for breaking walls because lopunny isn’t a Great Wall breaker. I do like encore on lopunny. Will help me vs mega Venu and other stall teams and trick room. It also will help to break walls. I will think about the tspikes on Pex. Just wanna say thanks for the rate and counting how many times I said problem. :)

Hey, cool M-Lop team. However, I feel like Fire-Types such as Heatran are very threatening for this team since Pex is your only switch-in to Magma Storm, which makes it trapped, and then it just loses to Taunt + EPower. Other threats are Grass-Types such as Kartana and Tapu Bulu can be annoying since your Ferro gets weaken by either Bulu's Superpower or Kart's Sacred Sword, and then they can freely spam their Grass move, especially since Magnezone isn't scarfed. I'd like to make some changes to improve these issues, let's start!

>
As I said, Heatran is a nuisance to this team, and that Tyranitar would help a lot against it, being able to either KO / 2HKO it depending on the move you clicks, as well as taking on 3 EPowers under sand. Overall, it would also give you a great wallbreak capable to weaken M-Lop's checks such as Lando-T and Celesteela. Classic set here with investments in Speed to outspeed Heatran for example.

I want to make two changes on this Lando-T. First, you could run a bulkier spread, like 248 HP / 72 Def / 196+ Speed, in order to take hits from the likes of Scarf Kartana and Char-X, not to mention you don't rly use it to break through a team but more to get momentum with U-Turn. The second change I want to make is HP Fire > HP Ice. Opposite Lando-Ts aren't problematic since you run IPunch M-Lop, CB TTar now, and it's quite walled by Clef and Ferro. On ther other hand, HP Fire gives you an actual way to deal with Kartana.

Was thinking of removing it for Celesteela but you'd lose SR, and I'd like to keep that Clef set. Anyway, I'd run Knock Off over either Power Whip or Gyro Ball. Knock Off is absolutely a great move to have, and being able to remove Leftovers of the likes of Zapdos, Celesteela and Lando-T is great for your own M-Lop. GyroBall lets you 2HKO Bulu, that's why you might keep it, while Power Whip makes your Rain matchup easier.

Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

Short rate but I wanted to give you my suggestions, good luck.

Hey thanks for the rate. So first of all this team is more of a clefable team so removing zone would be a problem and I would have no switch ins to steels like ferrothorn. However ferrothorn can give a little healing with leech to lando to kill heatran. Ttar does weaken mega lopunny checks like steela but for me it’s not enough so I will think about it. I do like the changes to lando. I have no idea what I was doing giving it max speed. Hp fire is useful but If I keep zone I might stick back to hp ice. Stuuful12 idea of chople berry zone is useful for checking kartana and bulu. I’ll think about this too. Finally, I do agree with knock on ferrothorn. I’ll keep power whip so I don’t lose to rain. Again thanks for rating :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)