Counter That Doubles Team #1 [Totem Vs Nollan] FIGHT!!! 1-0 Nollan

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nollan's Ferrothorn joins the team!

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 16 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

We are opening for Round 9 Nominations!

We're adding a teammate to our second team:

to beat the first team:

specific moveset details can be found in the OP of this thread. This nomination round will end when we have a decent amount of nominations and when the round lasts for at least 2 days. Start nomming, people, so we can pit these teams against each other >:D. Only 1 more mon left for each team!

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Talonflame probably gonna be added to team 1 because it clobbers team 2,
Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Will-O-Wisp
-Protect

So beating yolobird seems important to me

Last edited:
Ok so im gonna nom scarf excadrill

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Drill Run

192 speed Evs outrun shaymin sky, in case they choose it (ferro wins). I thought about it, and i realised that there werent actually any viable scarfers that team 1 could choose, bar maybe salamence and terrakion (which beat exca anyway), so i just went with the fastest non scarfer i could think of. Drill run is the only non standard exca move (well on non scarf sets) to hit aegislash and rotom harder than eq and bypass wide guard.

Scarf exca works really well because it hits 4/5 of team 1s poke for SE damage. With mold breaker eq/drill run it can hit rotom and aegislash hard. With iron head or even rock slide kyu b and togekiss get wrecked hard.

It forces team 1 to run a check to exca alone: lando t - ferro autowins; any scarf poke - we have a tr core; hitmontop/scrafty (or any other fighting type) - mega pinsir rapes.

It gives the team a kinda semi-room feel, as exca and mega pinsir work kinda like scarf lando and mega pinsir, but rotom isnt an issue. They work out of tr, while ferro, jelli and conk work inside the room. Liepard just works.

We get an electric immune, which helps pinsir and jelli. That only means good things.

EDIT: if this gets chosen, make it shiny because it looks nice

Last edited:

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
fak

thanks, AuraRayquaza for your nomination:afrostar: I will have this nomination phase open for another 24 hours until I just go with AuraRay's shiny scarfdrill :mad:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Defiant
112 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 132 Spe
-Knock Off
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Protect

EVs give a good HP for LO and outrun Rotom-W by a point (and therefore also Togekiss so we can Iron Head it out of Trick Room and avoid Air Slash flinches or a Safeguard going up) which is really nice because Knock Off is an easy 2HKO. I wanted to still underspeed Kyurem-B because I just don't think the extra speed is worth it compared to the bulk. Ferrothorn and Conkeldurr are good against Kyurem both in and out of Trick Room. Pinsir is only good against it out of Trick Room. So I wanted Bisharp to underspeed to keep the pressure on Kyurem easy from both sides.

Bisharp will force switches if it's out against Aegislash and/or Togekiss, or maybe a weakened Rotom. Kangaskhan and Kyurem just so happen to be our two easiest chances to pivot to Jellicent to set up Trick Room. With Mega Pinsir and Conkeldurr (and somewhat Ferrothorn) on the team, Intimidate is something of a concern (not huge, but possible) in the last slot for the other team. Bisharp will dissuade that from happening.

As to the concern of Talonflame I raised above, it forces Talonflame to run Will-o-Wisp and to use it. Sucker Punch is very threatening otherwise. To be honest, I'm not sure what to do about that if it's picked. I do know that picking a Choice Locked mon against a team that has an EQ immunity and a Rock-resist with Sub is kinda worrisome.

Pocket

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Trait: Sandstream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Protect

Team 2 lacks a solid win condition. The TR route is a good option, but it will be hard to set up against Team 1, thanks to multiple Pokemon that can cripple or disable Jellicent. Mega Pinsir is going to have a hard time getting past Rotom-W, Aegislash, and Togekiss. Enter WP DDTar. It can survive most super-effective hits (hell even Aegislash's Flash Cannon is only inflicting 63-74% damage) and potentially set up a DD for a +3 Atk / +1 Spe nuke. The best part is that it circumvents Team 1's primary strategy of setting up a Substitute with the help of Togekiss - well Togekiss aint protecting its teammates from a boosted Rock Slide :d.

Team 2 also has the resources to support Tyranitar. It has Mega Pinsir to destroy Fighting-types and break any future Wide Guard users with Feint. It also has Conkeldurr for Bisharp / Terrakion. Ferrothorn and Jellicent can switch into many of Tyranitar's weaknesses. Liepard offers free turns to DD with Fake Out / Encore / Swagger, not to mention wrecking Team 1's only Rock Slide resist (Aegislash) with Encore and Foul Play.

Just having a relatively fast Rock Slide spammer (Tyranitar already outruns 4/5 of the team) to fuck up Togekiss is handy imo. Team 2 also certainly appreciates Tyranitar's solid bulk, neither of which Excadrill or Bisharp offers.

Last edited:

Pocket

2x posting to finally put the votes x0
Current Team 2 Line Up:
Jellicent @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 76 SpA / 68 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Water Spout
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Recover

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Def / 96 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Detect

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- Feint
- Protect

Liepard @ Dread Plate
Prankster
Jolly Nature
208 Spe / 252 HP / 24 Def / 24 SpD
-Fake Out
-Encore
-Foul Play
-Swagger

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Opponent's Team 1 Line Up:
Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 228 HP / 28 SDef / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Safeguard
- Air Slash

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 140 SpA / 116 Def
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

You will have at least 2 days to vote :d

Pocket

TTar it is :pimp:

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Trait: Sandstream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Protect

We are open for Round 10 Nominations (the final round)!

We're adding the last teammate to our first team:

to beat the second team (complete :O):

specific moveset details can be found in the OP of this thread. This nomination round will end when we have a decent amount of nominations and when the round lasts for at least 2 days. Start nomming, people, so we can pit these teams against each other >:D. Only 1 more mon left for each team! Just one more mon left!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)