Pokémon Crawdaunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is running A sd or choice band set even viable, Crawdaunt is sorta frail and really slow.
Sorry haven't been playing Ps in awhile . I've only been playing cart.

Last edited:
How fast is +1 252 spd jolly Crawdaunt? Is running A sd or choice band set even viable, Crawdaunt is sorta frail and really slow.
Sorry haven't been playing Ps in awhile . I've only been playing cart.
SD and CB Crawdaunt are primarily used as wallbreakers, and it is fast enough to outspeed just about every relevant wall in the game and 1-2 hut them while they (walls) struggle to do much in return, and switching out is hard because even resisted Knock Off hurts like hell (2HKOing Tyranitar after SR). DD is generally outdone by MGyara, unless it is for the surprise element. At the original question, Crawdaunt reaches a speed stat of 344 at +1 jolly.

SD and CB Crawdaunt are primarily used as wallbreakers, and it is fast enough to outspeed just about every relevant wall in the game and 1-2 hut them while they (walls) struggle to do much in return, and switching out is hard because even resisted Knock Off hurts like hell (2HKOing Tyranitar after SR). DD is generally outdone by MGyara, unless it is for the surprise element. At the original question, Crawdaunt reaches a speed stat of 344 at +1 jolly.
I'm assuming that 2HKO is with CB? Tho I'm not sure it matters because I'd think you could pick it off with Aqua jet the next turn.

So then Crawdaunt is best used when you have something.bulky to switch out to? Because Crawdaunt Is frail and isn't taking much.

I'm assuming that 2HKO is with CB? Tho I'm not sure it matters because I'd think you could pick it off with Aqua jet the next turn.

So then Crawdaunt is best used when you have something.bulky to switch out to? Because Crawdaunt Is frail and isn't taking much.
The Ttar example is just to illustrate the raw difficulty it is to switch into Knock Off if given a switch in to Crawdaunt, which is what makes it such a great wallbreaker. Tbh Crawdaunt is not just something you can slap on any team like Rotom-W could. Crawdaunt fits into a team which needs it, and usually not the other way round, in the sense that Crawdaunt should not be the main thing a team is built around, but to fill in the gap in teambuilding, such as weakening a defensive team enough that a powerful sweeper can sweep.

The Ttar example is just to illustrate the raw difficulty it is to switch into Knock Off if given a switch in to Crawdaunt, which is what makes it such a great wallbreaker. Tbh Crawdaunt is not just something you can slap on any telike Rotom-W could. Crawdaunt fits into a team which needs it, and usually not the other way round, in the sense that Crawdaunt should not be the main thing a team is built around, but to fill in the gap in teambuilding, such as weakening a defensive team enough that a powerful sweeper can sweep.
So would it be a good partner with something like talonflame?(Probally not the best thing but it's the first that came to mind).
I'd also assume It fits better on bulky offence than Hyper offence correct?

So would it be a good partner with something like talonflame?(Probally not the best thing but it's the first that came to mind).
I'd also assume It fits better on bulky offence than Hyper offence correct?
Because of its raw wallbreaking abilities, its good team mates are ones that appreciate the loss of said walls. Talonflame is a good choice since Crawdaunt eliminates Rotom-W and Tyranitar easily. Mega Gyarados and Gardevoir are 2 of my favorite teammates for Crawdaunt since both these are able to sweep weakened teams, but find it harder to kill healthy teams. Practically every fast attacker that lacks power really appreciate the walbreaking power that Crawdaunt provides, I don't know about you, but Deoxys-S comes to my mind also. Thunder Wave support from the likes of Thundurus-I allows for more liberty in spamming Knock Off and Crabhammer against more offensive teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)