Done Create a way to find alts with hex codes

I've always wanted to find an account to register with a color that I might use in the future to switch with (if I ever get the privilege), but as of now, the only way to do that with what's offered on PS is to just use the Scrappie bot and guess random names with the .namecolor command. It's extremely inefficient, and would take way too much time.

The solution: my scenario seems very unlikely to apply to others, but I do know that lots of people like other colors, and would take any opportunity to register an alt with a color that suits them/they like.

Scotteh

Memelord Extraordinaire
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
As you can't actually use straight up hex codes for color names, because the colors available are limited, your otherwise best bet would be to use this tool made by Scotteh, though I don't know if it's still up to date with the latest username to color algorithm.
Unless the name color algorithm been changed again since I last updated it, it should still be up to date. The reason I held back on updating it for so long was that the valid ranges for name colors became a fair bit more complicated. I think I just gave up and made it pop up a message noting that not all username colors are possible on PS if you were trying to go for something outside the valid range.

How does this work exactly?
Given a username (or specific color), this will find usernames with colors close to it. However, the usernames in this case are all random characters, so aren't really intended to be used directly. Instead, the tool was created for those who were allowed to have custom colors, since the way this is implemented is to give a username the color of a different existing username.

Unless the name color algorithm been changed again since I last updated it, it should still be up to date. The reason I held back on updating it for so long was that the valid ranges for name colors became a fair bit more complicated. I think I just gave up and made it pop up a message noting that not all username colors are possible on PS if you were trying to go for something outside the valid range.

Given a username (or specific color), this will find usernames with colors close to it. However, the usernames in this case are all random characters, so aren't really intended to be used directly. Instead, the tool was created for those who were allowed to have custom colors, since the way this is implemented is to give a username the color of a different existing username.
Thanks! I tested it and it still works with the way PS works. I was able to register a name with the color I like :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)