Creative (and good) Movesets Mk II (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about a CB Hydreigon set since early B\W but never really tested it. I think fire blast should still get a slash as it OHKOs Scizor\Forretress and always 2HKOs Ferrothorn. Have you actually tested it in OU? Was it any good?
I really would not use it outside of a lure for a special walls. Outside of that, Hydreigon faces a lot of compition from CB Flygon actually. Flygon gets access to a better secondary STAB, a resistance to SR, and the ability to outspeed Genesect. However, Hydreigon can spam its physical STAB's much more freely since no on expects it. Flamethrower can work and can be used in addition to U-turn to bluff another choice set.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Cloyster (M) @ King's Rock
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 Def / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard / Razor Shell

Not too sure how particularly "creative" this is, but it's certainly fun to mess around with. Your standard Shell Smash Cloyster, but with King's Rock over Life Orb or Focus Sash. However luck based King's Rock is, it definitely has it's uses. The majority of things that want to to switch take a +2 move will more than likely be 2HKOd (Jirachi, Keldeo, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, etc) and with King's Rock plus the chance of a flinch, you're pretty likely to get that chance. Given that both of Cloyster's main attacking options hit 5 times, you are 5 times more likely to get said flinch, which is great for Cloyster because in some cases you can easily break through your supposed checks, and most teams don't really have that many answers to Cloyster at +2. King's Rock is better on Cloyster than a lot of other sweepers mainly due to how easily you set up. After a Shell Smash, you're set to go if you remove opposing priority, and nothing can reliably switch into Cloyster at +2 with King's Rock. You can fiddle around with the EVs to your liking but the point of the set stays the same, Max attack is self explanatory, while 88 Speed with Adamant ensures you outpace all base 130s after a Shell Smash. Cloyster plays just like Mamoswine, with Ice being such a good offensive typing and having that amazing priority. The rest goes into defence to make setting up vs choice locked physical attackers, or walls with no attacking options.
Jimbon, that's a really weird EV spread. Cloyster has base 50 HP and base 180 Def; you maximize it's physical bulk if you invest in its HP rather than in Defense. Also for a set that's looking to flinch its way to victory, you invest so little in speed x_x. You'd definitely want to go Jolly & max Speed. I personally prefer White Herb anyways, cuz otherwise priority from Breloom and Scizor would murder it.

Not even that; how common are Scarfers in today's metagame? Latios, Thundurus-T, Rotom-W, Salamence, Genesect... Outspeeding base 130s doesn't cut it in BW2, unfortunately, if you're not packing some seriously excellent bulk.

Yeah, I've used that Cloyster a fair bit on paralysis-centric teams alongside Acrobat Gliscor, since they have reasonable defensive synergy but share the same counters.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
I would slash Hydro Pump or HP Fire on the final slot, since HP Fire hits steels better and Hydro Pump is if you plainly want to go mixed.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 Def
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Substitute

On first Glance this set look too dependent on the situation. This however is not the case, this has the be the best set I have ever come up with, it has won me more games then any other Pokemon and is very easy to set up with, even with the added water weakness. With the right team support, mostly this being a Politoed, Dugtrio and a spinner, you are easily able to sweep teams. Able to set up on a locked CC from Terrakion, Earth Power From Landorus, any Breloom if another Pokemon is already asleep and many more. This makes Volcarona very unique in that is can tank hits for days while setting up and sweeping just as well.

Counters the this set are pretty obvious at first glance, SubCM Jirachi, Tyranitar, Heatran w/ Roar, Skarmory, Blissey/Chansey. However 5 of these Pokemon are easily handled or weakened by Dugtrio and by the time your opponent figures out what 4 moves you have, it may be too late for Skarmory to come in and prevent the damage being done, I mean all jokes aside, who would ever bring in a Skarmory on a +1 Volcarona? Toxic Spikes is great support for Volc, allowing to to bypass Chansey and Blissey easier and other tanks that can wall Hurricanes.

If you still think badly of this set, I encourage you to try it out and see for yourself.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Counters to that set ARE very obvious at first glance;like Spdef hippowdon. And how the hell is skarm handled by dugtrio? I suppose it might not switch in for a while, but still. And what do you do about blissey/chansey? They can just seismic toss you, then paralyse/toxic you.

It's not exactly unique to set up on choice-locked or sleeping pokemon. In fact, dragonite/mence can do that too. And can volca actually switch into an earth power and take another one? I kind of doubt it;especially if SR is up but maybe even if not.

Counters to that set ARE very obvious at first glance;like Spdef hippowdon. And how the hell is skarm handled by dugtrio? I suppose it might not switch in for a while, but still. And what do you do about blissey/chansey? They can just seismic toss you, then paralyse/toxic you.

It's not exactly unique to set up on choice-locked or sleeping pokemon. In fact, dragonite/mence can do that too. And can volca actually switch into an earth power and take another one? I kind of doubt it;especially if SR is up but maybe even if not.

I don't think you read what I said about Dugtrio.

Blissey and Chansey are two Pokemon taken out or weakened greatly by Dugtrio, also Toxic Spikes works great with Volc for dealing with the Blobs.

Hippowdon is not common in itself, let alone the Sp.D set. If you want me to go through all the counters I could but why list counters that are hardly used? Also Hippowdon is not exactly hard to deal with when using a rain team.

Another thing, I never said it was the only Pokemon to set up vs Choice-Locked Pokemon, if you read what I said you would note that I said it can tank hits and set up vs many Pokemon, I never stated it was a counter to Sp.A Landorus or anything like that.
If you could please read my post in more detail before commenting next time, but I will add about toxic spikes and the Blobs.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 Def
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Substitute

On first Glance this set look too dependent on the situation. This however is not the case, this has the be the best set I have ever come up with, it has won me more games then any other Pokemon and is very easy to set up with, even with the added water weakness. With the right team support, mostly this being a Politoed, Dugtrio and a spinner, you are easily able to sweep teams. Able to set up on a locked CC from Terrakion, Earth Power From Landorus, any Breloom if another Pokemon is already asleep and many more. This makes Volcarona very unique in that is can tank hits for days while setting up and sweeping just as well.

Counters the this set are pretty obvious at first glance, SubCM Jirachi, Tyranitar, Heatran w/ Roar, Skarmory, Blissey/Chansey. However 5 of these Pokemon are easily handled or weakened by Dugtrio and by the time your opponent figures out what 4 moves you have, it may be too late for Skarmory, I mean all jokes aside, who would ever bring in a Skarmory on a +1 Volcarona?

If you still think badly of this set, I encourage you to try it out and see for yourself.
I'm not liking this. You're mono-attacking with a non-STAB move? I know Hurricane in rain is nice, but honestly, just go with Bug Buzz if you want mono attacking Volcarona. Hurricane is better used by Tornadus T, or Dragonite, both of whom get STAB on Hurricane, and thus will hit harder off the bat, and can have uses outside of Hurricane. Good luck getting this to work with any sort of Flying resist on the opponent's team. It just seems to me like there are better Pokémon to fit the team than this set.

I'm not liking this. You're mono-attacking with a non-STAB move? I know Hurricane in rain is nice, but honestly, just go with Bug Buzz if you want mono attacking Volcarona. Hurricane is better used by Tornadus T, or Dragonite, both of whom get STAB on Hurricane, and thus will hit harder off the bat, and can have uses outside of Hurricane. Good luck getting this to work with any sort of Flying resist on the opponent's team. It just seems to me like there are better Pokémon to fit the team than this set.
I wish people would test it before commenting, all my mates said the same thing, but after actually testing it they took back every word they said. If you test it and still don't see it's power then that's cool. But test it first and see what it CAN do :)

Really, when he first showed me this set a few months ago, I thought it was a horrible idea. I wasn't even willing to test the bugger, I had arguments with him about how bad it is and refused to take in any positive point he was saying about it. Then I tried it for myself. This Volcarona is sooooo sexy it is unreal, ok it's got a lot of counters and the mono attack is not even STAB, but if you play correctly too remove these counters, you will have an easy time sweeping. Even though alot of common OU pokes can take this set on in theory, I find it very easy to set up 3 or 4 boosts and proceed to take on the rest of the opponents team. Okay, it is very important that you play the battle well, you have to build the team around achieving the goal, but it really is easy to achieve this goal with the team support. Okay, it really does look retarded, but go ahead and try it for yourself, it really works.

Well, i was going to tear through your argument easily, but then i realised you edited your post after the fact (Since the next post is dated after your edit, and that was the last post i saw), removing all of the stupid things you said. You still say it's unique in that it can do a bunch of things, and partly included in that was setting up on choice-locked CC from terrakion.
I said the fact it can set up vs so many strong poke is good and unique, which it is, because it can catch your opponent off guard allowing for an easy +2 and if you have sorted through the counters or weakened them, +2 is a sweep in most cases. And the only thing I did with my post was add tpikes and the blobs. I edited nothing. So feel free to "tear through my argument" even though I don't see how talking about countering a Pokemon is an argument, sounds sad to think a talk has to turn into an argument because someone says it is one. Lets not turn this into one, since there is no reason too. I respect what you think and what you say, I just felt you didn't read through what I said carefully, which is why I corrected you, but also added the blob + tspikes.

No one cared about my Froslass set I posted a page ago =_=

Froslass @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Timid
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Blizzard / Ice Beam

»»» This thing can be quite annoying in hail, but also works somewhat ok in non-sand-weather. The plan is to set up a Sub first, then Thunder Wave whatever comes in and start setting up Spikes. In hail, the opponent will have only a 60% chance to hit with through it with a 100% accurate move, making it harder to stop Froslass from setting up. The EVs have a certain purpose: 8 HP are there to be able to create 5 Substitutes in a row, when factoring in Leftovers recovery. Max Speed to do what it wants to do, rest is put into SpA to hit notably harder than without any investment. When in hail, Blizzard is a way more powerful option over Ice Beam, but its low PP might be annoying in some way. Anyways, a STAB Ice-type move gives Froslass a handy weapon to severely dent any OU dragon, but also Breloom, who can't hit it with its Fighting STABs.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Ok, Husky, I'll critique your Froslass set.

First off, yeah, this thing is very obnoxious to face under Hail, and utilizes its Snow Cloak ability a lot better than Mamoswine due to the fact that Substitute forces the opponent to attack you a lot more than he or she probably wants to. I don't think your particular set utilizes Froslass to its full potential, however. I don't know why the set has Spikes on it, sure you'll be able to get a couple layers up but that slot could be put to better use as a secondary STAB in Shadow Ball or something. I guess if your team lacks Spikes then maybe that's ok, but I'm not a fan of it. Also, your EVs are misplaced; I understand the 8 HP for 5 Substitutes, but you also need to factor in Genesect's Download by putting 4 EVs in Defense so that Genesect gets a Special Attack boost upon switching in. The reason for this is that you want to bait Genesect to stay in and Flamethrower so you can severely cripple it with a Thunder Wave. It's also worth mentioning that

4 Atk Genesect U-turn vs 8 HP/4 Def Froslass: 20.85% - 24.73%

means that +0 standard Genesect will never break Froslass's Substitute outside of a crit. However,

4 +1 Atk Genesect U-turn vs 8 HP/4 Def Froslass: 31.1% - 36.75%

means that +1 standard Genesect will always break Froslass's Substitute, crit or no crit. Therefore, you should change your EV spread to reflect this. The new set, in my opinion, ought to be:

Froslass @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Timid
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball / Spikes
- Blizzard / Ice Beam

Neliel

Sacred Sword
The set i want u to explain is a sword dance kabutops set. it has to be used under rain with the weak armor ability.

Kabutops (M) @ Mystic Water
Trait: Weak Armor
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge/Superpower
well, some months ago i saw a lot of sword dance feraligatr used under rain, so i tought, why noone has noticed yet kabutops? :/ well, it has more attack, a better ability (weak armor raises your speed when hitted by a phisical move, meaning that after a boost u will outspeed even starmie and spam strong waterfall) and it can setup on tornadus hurricane/superpower. it doesnt need to get the speed boost to sweep though, it can just spam powerfull aqua jet under rain and sweep your opponent. the choice between superpower or stone edge depends on you.
noone noticed my set xdxd

The set i want u to explain is a sword dance kabutops set. it has to be used under rain with the weak armor ability.

Kabutops (M) @ Mystic Water
Trait: Weak Armor
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge/Superpower
well, some months ago i saw a lot of sword dance feraligatr used under rain, so i thought, why no one has noticed kabutops? :/ well, it has more attack, a better ability (weak armor raises your speed when hitted by a physical move, meaning that after a boost u will outspeed even starmie and spam strong waterfall) and it can setup on tornadus hurricane/superpower. it doesnt need to get the speed boost to sweep though, it can just spam powerful aqua jet under rain and sweep your opponent. the choice between superpower or stone edge depends on you.
Stone Edge is better than Superpower, any day. You hit a lot more relevant things with Stone Edge than with Superpower, and it can stop your sweep with its Attack drops. Its not like you really need it, either. Here's a calc on standard Ferrothorn, in rain, with your set at +2.
Ferrothorn (OU Standard)Waterfall44.88 - 52.84%
That's plenty of damage. It'll work just fine. After that, Marvel Scale Milotic and Unaware Quagsire are the only things that can't be 2HKO'd, factoring in Leftovers, although Tangrowth comes close.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Uhm;blacklight;2hitkoing a pokemon that can OHKO you back isn't exactly working just fine.

As to the above, spikes is required, or that set just annoys. With spikes, it annoys and sets 3 layers, then spinblocks to keep them alive.

Also, this is OU, what about gastrodon? I assume it can take one hit and counter back brutally, and if it's using weak armor it might not even NEED aqua jet.

Style_Dota

Bloo Wannabe
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 4 HP / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Thunder Wave

In a metagame plagued with Genesect, this thing is the biggest fuck all for Genesect/U-Turn Teams. Counter Chansey literally takes the opponents momentum and hurls it right back in a blobbly painful death. The main draw behind this set is counter, but Chansey also has the niche of being a reliable switch-in for Politoed, Ninetails (though WoW / Pain Split / Flamethrower beats it 1-1), and Tyranitar, making it a very solid anti-weather Pokemon. Currently, I'm running it on a Sun Team (which many accuse to look like Lavos Sun, but it's slightly different!), and my laid back laddering has gotten this team into the top 100 easily.

It's weak to Ghost mons though, so ideally, it needs something to counter Taunt Jelli / Gengar reliably. Luckily, those Pokemon aren't too common, but something like SpDef Rachi and Celebi / Grass Filler can easily handle those.

But yeah, Counter Chansey is awesome :]. Thanks to FelixMinamimoto for giving me the motivation to make a team around this boss.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Uhm;blacklight;2hitkoing a pokemon that can OHKO you back isn't exactly working just fine.

As to the above, spikes is required, or that set just annoys. With spikes, it annoys and sets 3 layers, then spinblocks to keep them alive.

Also, this is OU, what about gastrodon? I assume it can take one hit and counter back brutally, and if it's using weak armor it might not even NEED aqua jet.
To be honest, aqua jet is really needed here because it can sweep alone even without weak armor, and u cant always have a chance to abuse of his ability :x i think that both superpower and stone edge are usable, it depends on your team really.

tehy

Banned deucer.
IDK, though. If weak armor hasn't activated, max speed celebi, rotom-w, starmie, lati@s, ,keldeo, and salamence still won't particulary care about aqua jet. I guess you can go through some checks that are solely faster, but it seems like a lot of common pokemon are faster AND can pretty easily take an aqua jet. Meanwhile, any stall team carrying a power whip ferro doesn't really care either. So where's the scare factor? I guess you can beat terrakion, landorus, and maybe volcarona with aqua jet, maybe even the other therians depending on how strong it is, but it seems a little bit pointless to me-kabutop's draw has always been stallbreaking, but this isn't that great at it, even in its preferred weather.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There's also still breloom and Scizor that you may need to use Aqua Jet for. Weak Armor lowers your defenses iirc, so they should be able to take Kabutops out relatively easily with their priority moves, so I think Aqua Jet is somewhat necessary.

"252Atk Life Orb +2 Kabutops (+Atk) Aqua Jet in Rain vs 4HP/0Def Breloom (Neutral): 58% - 69% (153 - 182 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO."

Well, that looks good, but Techniloom and Scizor can switch in on the revenge and have their way with you. They can't switch in if you're at +2 already (everything besides Aqua Jet, which is a 2HKO on both, OHKOs), but Breloom has no business switching in on anything at +2 and Scizor doesn't have any resists to abuse.

But still, there's a boatload of Pokemon that can switch in on the revenge that don't give a damn, like any Dragon or bulky Grass/Water with higher base speed.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 4 HP / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Thunder Wave

In a metagame plagued with Genesect, this thing is the biggest fuck all for Genesect/U-Turn Teams. Counter Chansey literally takes the opponents momentum and hurls it right back in a blobbly painful death. The main draw behind this set is counter, but Chansey also has the niche of being a reliable switch-in for Politoed, Ninetails (though WoW / Pain Split / Flamethrower beats it 1-1), and Tyranitar, making it a very solid anti-weather Pokemon. Currently, I'm running it on a Sun Team (which many accuse to look like Lavos Sun, but it's slightly different!), and my laid back laddering has gotten this team into the top 100 easily.

It's weak to Ghost mons though, so ideally, it needs something to counter Taunt Jelli / Gengar reliably. Luckily, those Pokemon aren't too common, but something like SpDef Rachi and Celebi / Grass Filler can easily handle those.

But yeah, Counter Chansey is awesome :]. Thanks to FelixMinamimoto for giving me the motivation to make a team around this boss.
This thing is on site. Not really a creative set.

Just because it's on-site doesn't mean it's not creative. Chansey with Counter is practically never used.

Here's a great abuser of Counter I've been running lately:

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Counter

SashCounter as a concept is nothing new, but Alakazam is by far the best user of the strategy due to Magic Guard guaranteeing that Focus Sash will be kept intact. The amount of things that have fell victim to this set is hilarious, and no one ever sees it coming. Can effectively revenge kill virtually any physical attacker with impunity. Trolls Genesect users, of course! :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)