Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soak + Toxic i've tried with Mamanbo, who tanks hits nicely but more often than not people just switch out expecting Toxic or because they're disadvantaged anyway. A trapping move would work wonders, but no Soakers have a Block move - Whirlpool isn't a bad alternative, racking up more residual damage on top of Toxic, but only Pelipper can recover and it is BAD. Wailord or Evolite Wailmer can do something similar, but all they have is Aqua Ring or Chesto rest. Most other things are too frail to stick around for three turns whilst they toxic a Steel.

Azumarill isn't bad with its Grass immunity, but it suffers from frailty as well. I would recommend Aqua Jet over refresh, as for an arbitrary extra move, Priority does nicely, and as CA points out, you aren't crippled utterly by Taunt.

Azumarill isn't bad with its Grass immunity, but it suffers from frailty as well. I would recommend Aqua Jet over refresh, as for an arbitrary extra move, Priority does nicely, and as CA points out, you aren't crippled utterly by Taunt.
It has base 100 HP and base 80 defenses; it's not that frail, especially given that it only has one weakness. Also, it has base 50 attack (seeing as how it has Sap Sipper and NOT Huge Power) with no EVs, so even with Aqua Jet, you're completely shut down by Taunt.

At long last, I've found the ultimate Rotom set:

Rotom-S @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 100 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SAtk / 100 SDef / 10 Spd
Docile Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Sleep Talk
- Trick

Wow, I wonder how many teams this guy has swept. Shuca Berry lets it survive random Earthquakes when playing in Gravity. A Docile nature is a must so as not to lower Rotom's amazing stats whilst the EVs let it function as a great all-rounder; a wall, a sweeper and revenge killer all in one. When playing in Gravity, Thunder becomes a dangerous sweeping tool, so that's a given. The Hidden Power choice was slightly trickier; there were a total of 17 different types to choose from. In the end, I settled for HP Ghost since it gets STAB. Sleep Talk lets it absorb sleep and Trick works against Trick (?).

So there you have it, the ultimate Rotom set. Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

Rotom-S @ Shuca Berry
Docile Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Sleep Talk
- Trick

Wow, I wonder how many teams this guy has swept. Shuca Berry lets it survive random Earthquakes when playing in Gravity. A Docile nature is a must so as not to lower Rotom's amazing stats whilst the EVs let it function as a great all-rounder; a wall, a sweeper and revenge killer all in one. When playing in Gravity, Thunder becomes a dangerous sweeping tool, so that's a given. The Hidden Power choice was slightly trickier; there were a total of 17 different types to choose from. In the end, I settled for HP Ghost since it gets STAB. Sleep Talk lets it absorb sleep and Trick works against Trick (?).

So there you have it, the ultimate Rotom set. Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility.
He doesn't learn Shadow Ball?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack

Rotom-S @ Shuca Berry
Docile Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Sleep Talk
- Trick

I hope this is a joke.

well heres a gimmic set
riolu@ focus sash prankster
roar
copycat
filler
filler
all you need is to set up some sr or spikes then you can sweep an entire team no problem
cred to spade
can be used in any tear

well heres a gimmic set
roar
copycat
filler
filler
all you need is to set up some sr or spikes then you can sweep an entire team no problem
cred to spade
can be used in any tear

That question aside, Prankster won't make Roar work before the opponent's move anyway.

Unless "tear" wasn't a spelling mistake and you meant any tear in space and time. In which case, yes.

breh

強いだね
isn't that set better with eviolite and circle throw?

or is roar better because it has perfect accuracy?

Otherwise, it's not too creative.

heres the cliff notes version of some mons i plan on trying out

Golem @ Smooth Sand/Normal Gem
Roar
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Toxic/Explosion (im sure its pretty clear what option goes w/ what item)

Gengar @ Expert Belt
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Sludge Bomb

Dragonite @ persim berry
Roost
Substitute
Dragon Dance
Outrage

well heres a gimmic set
roar
copycat
filler
filler
cred to spade
can be used in any tear

holy crap. That Riolu set is RETARDED. it's like Prankster Liepard with assist on a shuffle team, only much better.

That thing has the potential to be OU - however it lacks an immunity to sandstorm which is problematic, as it limits its stalling potential.

Also, I'm extremely surprised that Togetic has been overlooked as an Eviolite staller and Wish passer.

Togetic

-Toxic
-Roost/Wish
-Protect/Heal Bell/Yawn/Charm
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252HP/252Def/6SpD
Item: Eviolite

Defensive Tiers: Physical: 124.25 (to 2 d.p), Special: 122.38

Put it this way. The standard Impish 252/184/72 defensive Gliscor has a physical defensive tier of 123.45. This means Togetic takes physical hits better than one of the most distinguished physical walls in the metagame right now. While he lacks poison heal and Gliscor's resistances, he instead has Wish, Heal Bell, and Charm in his arsenal. Toxic obviously is your way of doing damage. He isnt the best wish passer with his relatively low HP, but he can do it and it distinguishes him from others. Charm is actually awesome...

Here are some damage calcs for you.

vs 252 Adamant Machamp DynamicPunch - 30.57 - 36.31%
vs 252 Adamant Machamp Stone Edge - 40.76 - 48.40%
vs 252 Jolly Garchomp Outrage - 33.44 - 39.49%
vs 252 Jolly Garchomp Outrage (-2) - 16.56 - 20.06%

Look at that beauty. Not even 2HKOed by ScarfChomp's Outrage, can Charm it and take minimal from the next one, before Roosting.

Togetic is MONSTROUS.

Slowbro@Red Card
-Recycle
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Slack Off
252hp/226def/32spd
Bold(+Def, -Atk)
Regenerator

A little gimmicky, but stops most set up sweepers. Recycle lets you use Red Card again, while the rest of the moves are your standard tank.

What setup sweeper is this going to stop that the standard tank doesn't? The only one that I can see this working better against is Bulk up+payback Conkeldurr.
Well, some dangerous sweepers that have the potential to 2HKO Slowbro after a boost get sent out from red card and stop the terror.

holy crap. That Riolu set is RETARDED. it's like Prankster Liepard with assist on a shuffle team, only much better.

That thing has the potential to be OU - however it lacks an immunity to sandstorm which is problematic, as it limits its stalling potential.

Also, I'm extremely surprised that Togetic has been overlooked as an Eviolite staller and Wish passer.

Togetic

-Toxic
-Roost/Wish
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252HP/252Def/6SpD
Item: Eviolite

Defensive Tiers: Physical: 124.25 (to 2 d.p), Special: 122.38

Put it this way. The standard Impish 252/184/72 defensive Gliscor has a physical defensive tier of 123.45. This means Togetic takes physical hits better than one of the most distinguished physical walls in the metagame right now. While he lacks poison heal and Gliscor's resistances, he instead has Wish, Heal Bell, and Charm in his arsenal. Toxic obviously is your way of doing damage. He isnt the best wish passer with his relatively low HP, but he can do it and it distinguishes him from others. Charm is actually awesome...

Here are some damage calcs for you.

vs 252 Adamant Machamp DynamicPunch - 30.57 - 36.31%
vs 252 Adamant Machamp Stone Edge - 40.76 - 48.40%
vs 252 Jolly Garchomp Outrage - 33.44 - 39.49%
vs 252 Jolly Garchomp Outrage (-2) - 16.56 - 20.06%

Look at that beauty. Not even 2HKOed by ScarfChomp's Outrage, can Charm it and take minimal from the next one, before Roosting.

Togetic is MONSTROUS.
I fail to see how your Togetick fills in better than Dusknoir on a team. I also fail to see how Togetick is in any way better than Gliscor. With eviolite, you're boosting Togetick's base defense to approx 105 and its SpD to approx base 130. With 55 base hp, it means you're not really that bulky. You also don't have poison heal like gliscor does (or any useful tank ability, seregrace/hustle suck for a tank) and your sets are just toxic stall (which anyone with more than 70 base defense and a recovery move can do, even dustox can pull that off). Togetick also has lame typing and a small defensive movepool and can't use leftovers or anything else because he has to hold eviolite anyway.

If you're up against a steel type, togetick can't do anything, even if you run some other non-toxic stall set. His movepool doesn't allow it. And in OU just about everyone is steel or has a heal bell chansey.

I fail to see how your Togetick fills in better than Dusknoir on a team. I also fail to see how Togetick is in any way better than Gliscor. With eviolite, you're boosting Togetick's base defense to approx 105 and its SpD to approx base 130. With 55 base hp, it means you're not really that bulky. You also don't have poison heal like gliscor does (or any useful tank ability, seregrace/hustle suck for a tank) and your sets are just toxic stall (which anyone with more than 70 base defense and a recovery move can do, even dustox can pull that off). Togetick also has lame typing and a small defensive movepool and can't use leftovers or anything else because he has to hold eviolite anyway.
I fail to see how you misspelled togetic 4 times......

EDIT: 5 now with your edit.

I'm testing this set now w/ good success. It makes a great phazer.

Eelektross
252 HP/ ? (I run 252 Atk @ modest, BUT a more deff set is probably better)
Nature: (I run modest but a more deffensive one if probably better
@ Leftovers

Acid Spray
T-bolt
Flamethrower/HP ice/ grassknot

The beauty of this set is (after you set up hazards) you bring it in on something thats gonna switch out. Use Acid Spray at that time. The new enemy poke takes -2 SpecDef. Which means A. they go down easily or B. they switch out. At this point use Dragontail to phaze out the new opposing poke to either rack up hazards damage or (in my case) watch the enemy ragequit

I'm testing this set now w/ good success. It makes a great phazer.

Eelektross
252 HP/ ? (I run 252 Atk @ modest, BUT a more deff set is probably better)
Nature: (I run modest but a more deffensive one if probably better
@ Leftovers

Acid Spray
T-bolt
Flamethrower/HP ice/ grassknot

The beauty of this set is (after you set up hazards) you bring it in on something thats gonna switch out. Use Acid Spray at that time. The new enemy poke takes -2 SpecDef. Which means A. they go down easily or B. they switch out. At this point use Dragontail to phaze out the new opposing poke to either rack up hazards damage or (in my case) watch the enemy ragequit
can you explain this in more detail?
it sounds intresting but I dont get it

can you explain this in more detail?
it sounds intresting but I dont get it
Kk, I'll try (just started testing yesterday, w/ success)

Eel is bulky hence the Lefties and 252 HP, since I'm using my old eelektross it has the 252 SpecAtk and Modest nature though I intend to make a bulkier variant as I think it would work better w/ this set.

The whole point of this set is to force the opponent into situations where he has to switch then hit him w/ acid spray or Dtail to make him switch again. Come in on something that Eel can force out (water type or something, or maybe just after you fodder something) They switch out to an appropriate poke to take on Eel (thus taking hazard damage) and you hit them w/ Dtail, forcing another switch. Now they will either make do w/ the current poke (fearing your Dtail) or switch out again (hoping you wont Dtail) Hit them w/ Acid Spray to sharply (-2) lower their specdef. Now since you either hit them on the switch or hit something that can't really take on Eel b/c it was forced in from your previous Dtail. You can either 1. Easily pick it off w/ Tbolt or Flamethrower or 2. they will switch out taking MORE hazards damage.

Wash rinse repeat. 3/4 of its first matches caused rage quits. :D

Magnezone bluff set

Magnezone@Choice Specs
252 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 4 Spe
Modest:
Analytical
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power[Fire]
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon

Anaylitcal only works if your slower right? So making Mzone bulkier and slower will work correct? Now I know your saying Mzone is only useful because of Magnet Pull. But the point being is your trying to bluff out a magnet pull set, most trainers wont even attempt to switch out. Allowing you to utterly decimate them with any of your attacking options.

Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon are your STAB options, Hidden Power[Fire] is their to decimate the steel types that you are "trapping". finnaly Volt Switch is their for Hit n' Run tactics.
If your finding the innability of switching moves a real let down you should change your item to either (Expert Belt, Air Balloon, or Leftovers). If thats done then Substitute would be a decent option over Volt Switch.

Edit: @ below Minimum speed could be used, but there still some slow pokemon you need to make sure you do outseed to use that Analytical boosted move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)