Cresselia gets wish. What effect will that give?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
I would go with Wish + Calm Mind + Reflect + Ice Beam. Easily set up Calm Minds while Wishing to support yourself, Reflect to minimize attacks (so built toward Special Defense), and then unleash Ice Beams. Protect could go over Reflect, but I think this set would be best supporting its team with Wish and Reflect. Thunder Wave, I guess, but so many things can use it ...
heh I was going to post the exact same thing

lol Blaziken on a trick room team, Scarf it much better as Ken is too fast to be a reliable trick room user this is just my opinion

I don't think Infernape will be a real problem, if you see a shiny one, the chances will be that it has BP so you could in some way predict a stat upping move.

IMO cresselia will be even better. A reliable recovery move will really help cressie.

I don't think Infernape will be a real problem, if you see a shiny one, the chances will be that it has BP so you could in some way predict a stat upping move.

IMO cresselia will be even better. A reliable recovery move will really help cressie.
Wish isn't really reliable, but I guess it's better then Moonlight.

Wish will always heal the same, wich means it's reliable.
But it takes another turn to work. Which means Cresselia needs three turns to heal; one to switch in, one to wish, and another for wish to activate (without Protect). If your going to use Wish+Protect, it's about as useful as Rest+Sleep Talk really, because the STalker can take status.

If Wish Cresselia starts getting popular, I'd imagine Toxic would too.

lol Blaziken on a trick room team, Scarf it much better as Ken is too fast to be a reliable trick room user this is just my opinion
Just make a mixed blaziken by putting all Evs in attack and Special attack with a minus speed nature. I think it works. D: I've seen it done.

But it takes another turn to work. Which means Cresselia needs three turns to heal; one to switch in, one to wish, and another for wish to activate (without Protect). If your going to use Wish+Protect, it's about as useful as Rest+Sleep Talk really, because the STalker can take status.

If Wish Cresselia starts getting popular, I'd imagine Toxic would too.
That's true, but I wouldn't use it with protect. Reflect and calm mind help more than protect IMO, reflect helps the team and CM helps cressie do some damage.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Whoa is Calm Mind/Psychic/Ice Beam/Wish Cresselia going to be useful on my stall team when it gets implemented on Shoddy. Also, I knew that I switched all my Pokemon to shiny by default for a reason...

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
To be honest I'm more concerned about starters getting Baton Pass than Cresselia getting Wish considering Cress is a bitch to deal with as it is.

Infernape getting BP just takes away the only decent thing Blaziken had over it. Baton Passing with the other startes is also equally effective, Empolean Agility and Torterra Swords Dance.

QFT. Oh well, I'm happy with Wish Cresselia.

There has been no conformation on this event.

When you call they know nothing about this...

But, who knows, maybe they have crappy staff on Sunday.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why do people forget that Torterra gets Rock Polish, Swords Dance, AND Curse?

Seriously, If you think Agility-passing Jolteon is bad, Rock Polish Torterra sounds like a beast. Not only is it the sturdiest BPer outside of Mew, Its two STABs make it difficult to deal with. Just like Scizor BPing out before a fire attack, passing a Rock Polish to something like Lapras or Metagross could cause your opponent a lot of problems.

Wish Cresselia seems cool, but it will take extreme prediction to use a bping infernape because, aside from being fast, it's extremely easy to kill. Torterra on the other hand, with it's nice defenses, looks like it'll start getting some use.

Even though this looks to be fake...

An infernape with BP / Scheme / Flamethrower / Grass Knot @Sash

...looks really really awesome.

Cresselia is pretty close to ubers I think.

Protect+toxic+wish+damaging move will be the most annoying fucking thing.

the problem with wish cress is that it's already pressed for movepool options, and it would need protect to work well

Choop, that set is beaten by Metagross, Jirachi, Bronzong, and Heatran. Not like they're not already used as Cress counters so that set won't make much of a difference. Wish imo won't affect the way Cress is used. It'll just make it a even better team supporter.

I don't think this will give Toterra that much more use. It'll probably be used as much as BP Gliscor who can also pass Rock Polishes and SD.

I already think Torterra's pretty underrated, the only reason I don't use it is the 4x ice weakness and that can certainly be dealt with. Baton pass would be great on it. I'd be more inclined to use that than Infernape.

I'm not getting excited until I see that this is real, though.

And I agree that wish cresselia is not all people are making it out to be here. It's certainly good, but it's nowhere near softboiled in terms of tanking potential. Blissey is still the undisputed queen of special walling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)