ORAS UU Critdra (UU Kingdra team)

Hi all,

After watching Alex Ogloza's crit everytime Kingdra, I fell in love with the Pokemon insofar as me making a UU team centred around it. I look forward to any responses available.

Stanley (Kingdra) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Agility

There's no better place to start than Kingdra, the star of the team. After a single Focus Energy, he crits every single bloody time and, in amalgam with Sniper, it OHKO's tons and tons of threats in the tier. There's few things that it can't OHKO or 2HKO, and those who it cannot are checked in its synergy with Metagross.

X Marks The Rock (Metagross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Here's my Assault Vest Metagross, designed to check things that Kingdra cannot. After looking through the Pokemon in UU, I thought Metagross' bulk was great, but its SpDef could have been a little better--so I made my own AV set (unbeknownst to the existence of the pre-made Smogon set, but I grew to like mine better). Inasmuch as most people aren't familiar with AV Metagross, sometimes it can be a great way to trick people.

Scooby Doom (Houndoom) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

Next, we have Scooby Doom the Houndoom (formerly Huckleberry Hound the shiny Houndoom), and it's a pretty standard set, to say the least. Chosen out of his synergy with Metagross, Houndoom seemed to fit the bill nicely. It's great at baiting out Blissey, who is then Taunted and OHKO'ed by Conkeldurr.

Home Depot Guy (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Speaking of Conkeldurr, here he is. I always liked the idea of two Assault Vest users, mostly because I often find them switched into a lot of things, ergo decreasing their longevity, hence why I have two. Conkeldurr, much like Metagross, has priority, coverage and STAB, but this one has recovery, something Metagross does not. It can kill the Dark types Metagross cannot. Moreover, Guts lets him eat status for the team and get an attack boost therefor, making him excellent at switching into Rotom-Heat, who he has no trouble eating Overheats from.

Acrueltent (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Tentacruel is mostly here as the last team member (though the order may say differently). Since my team lacked hazards and hazard control, I thought Tentacruel would be perfect, especially due to my familiarity with him and knowledge of his limits and restraints. The Poison typing helps in places, letting me force Slyveon and Florges out (thank god for Haze), too, but it's mostly Rapid Spin, Toxic Spikes and STAB Scald that does it for me. His speed tier, too, is pretty excellent for a bulky Pokemon like him.

thisbirdisonfiyaaa (Moltres) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Finally, we have Wide Lens Moltres (credit to Pyrotoz for the set). The main idea of it is to switch it into physical attackers and burn thanks to Flame Body and try to flinch them down with Air Slash, with thankfully never misses due to the item. Will-O-Wisp is there for things it outspeeds or things that don't appreciate the health loss or attack drop. Fire Blast has 94% accuracy with the item along with Will-O-Wisp and hits hard with Modest 252 SpA. Roost increases his longevity, too. It also synergises well with Tentacruel, whose weakness to Ground is covered by Moltres, and Moltres' Water weakness being covered by Tentacruel.

Thanks for reading my post, good luck on the suggestions! :)

~~ Bellamybug

sniperr

Pineapples don't belong on pizza
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man nice concept for a team. I would like to address a few issues im noticing and would like to help you optimize them. I'm seeing a stealth rock weakness and you do not have a rocks setter which I believe can be implemented. Av Metagross I believe can be replaced with an Sd Escavalier; Reason being that the team has no Mega bee answers, and sylveon can also be a pain to you especially if it is Specs. It also provides the steel bug typing coverage to help you support your sweeper to help against celebi as well. Next, I do think that houndoom Mega has very little relevancy here on a team with moltres, which highly pressure tentacruel to always get the spin off which could prove difficult. I suggest removing it entirely and fitting a cleric Sylveon. Reason being is that you nearly also are 6-0d by conkeldurr, and with this gives you an immediate answer to it, a hydreigon, check, and wish support all in one which is very nice for this team. To Follow up, I believe scarf hydreigon is another nice addition. The reason is because it is a solid revenge killer to mons such as mega bee and celebi. The scarf let give you speed control and allowes you to offensively check chandelure, lure fairies, and gain momentum. This can be easily replaced over moltres. Tentacruels set seems standard, my only concearn is dealing with suicune as it could possibly out stall you. Though in conjunction with Sylveon and tenta it could be avoided to extent by wishing and hazing between the two. If you do not want to rely on this tactic and potentially and most likely become stalled out of heal bell on sylveon, I suggest acid spray over haze on tenta to allow you to beat cune with Sylveon or hydreigon as its spD will be harshly lowered (this is if you want want your cune answer to be only kingdra so this is optional, though im mostly speaking as a backup plan if kingdra has fainted). Lastly I would either use max hp and def mega swampert or standard swampert. I will explain the pros and cons: Mega swampert is a great knock off buffer, provides a greater offensive presence, and takes alot less from attacks. Its also alot faster so you can outspeed mons like empoleon. Regular swampert has leftovers, and thats pretty much it. so I think personally mega pert is best here especially if you dont want to be knocked, and since you have wish support. I will post the changes in a pastebin, if you dont see it, be patient. I'm sorry for the huge changes but I hope it helps. good luck. p.s if you need help with the sets, let me know. (also posting from mobile so sorry if this post is hard to read) http://pastebin.com/VqXHPdy3. I have optimized tentacruels Evs to help you check infernape better. I have also put scald and flash cannon on kingdra, for consistency and helps you vs sylveon.​

Last edited:

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Brah..brah, I saw your team and I think sylveon has done wrong to your family because if a sylveon manages to pull any damage at all to you, its by a misclick. On a serious note I saw your team and wanted to leave a rate n_n so here we go! So to start you off I wanted to fix:
  • Resistance redundancies
  • lack of hazards
  • Support

-First I wanted to switch out some of the reduncies on your team by removing your metagross for a mon who can deal with entei better, offer you rocks, and is a decent enough dragon switch in for offence:
----------->

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

• Metagross wasn't really walling anything that your cruel wasn't doing already so running diance would at least offer you rocks while checking a few mons that really bothered your team such as aero and and entei.
-Next I wanted to change your conkeldurr set:

Home Depot Guy (Conkeldurr) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch

• With cruel on your team I felt like you didn't need to rely on conk to tank special hits for you as much so just slapping on bulk up could prove to be a lot more useful in the long run as you'll be able to take advantage of a lot more mons this way. On a side note you shouldn't bother running ice punch on conk in this tier as it hits nothing of note, instead you should be running thunder punch in order to hit what ice punch does as well as harm mons like gyarados and cune harder.
-As for your cruel set I dont like giving mamoswine any chances at all versus teams and a good way of doing that is running the alternate cruel spread:

EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

• This way at the very least if you have no option to switch in to mamo you can at least punish it with damage greatly while still keeping most of your bulk.
-With that out of the way I realise mega swampert is still a major pain in the ass so giving it less opportunities to setup is optimal and we can do that by switching out your houndoom for:
---------->

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Protect

• With this load out you will gain a volt switch blocker, suicune check, gyarados counter, and you'll gain a bit more presence in speed. The protect is great for scouting out mons as well as countering mega gyara by simply clicking tect on the turn they come down from bounce.
-Last thing I wanted to change was the moltres since I felt it didnt really fit on your build since the damn thing needs magic bounce support, defoggers etc.....So instead we could really use the celebi and aero check:
----->

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Baton Pass

• Although I normally don't like recommending durant it still fits your team by giving you a way to revenge celebi, aero, beedrill, mamo, etc and being able to switch into all of them at least once thanks to its natural physical bulk and typing. Now you can at least bait out mamoswine ice shards and hard into durant so you have somewhat of a switch in to it on offence..kinda! It doesnt really get many free switch ins to your team anyways so honestly it should be more than enough to get one fck up here and there.
I tried to keep your team as offensive as possible without changing it too much so this is the best I could do. Hope you continue to enjoy your team and try me and sniperrs suggestions n_n/

Stanley (Kingdra) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Agility

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Home Depot Guy (Conkeldurr) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch

EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Baton Pass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)