BDSP Dancin with the Smooch (OU)

robber.jpg

"Dancing with the Smooch in the Night"

Hi all! This is my first BDSP team I felt like sharing here. This team is built around setting up screens on top of screens for my sweepers. Ever since I got back into BDSP I have always been a huge fan of Weavile and have been a fan of his offense in the current BDSP metagame. Here is my first RMT built around clearing most Weavile threats like Scizor, Magnezone, Tyranitar, Skamory etc. This team uses wallbreakers such as Staraptor and Azumarill that destroy common walls and help set up either a Dragonite or a Weavile sweep. Heatran, which is a very good switch in to most steel types that hinder Weavile sweeps is also my Stealth Rocker who gets the hazards going. Let me know what you think in the comments below or if I should change any sets/swap Pokemon out.

(I am currently considering adding a Defog/Rapid Spinner onto the team)

1643170527379.png

Donda (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

- Extreme Speed

I always like to throw at least one sweeper that can set up something like a Shell Smash or a Dragon Dance, just in case Weavile can't get his swords up or I play a bad team matchup. MultiNite is currently a top 3 pokemon in the metagame right now so I am taking advantage of its ability to decimate teams with screens up. I am considering to get someone that has defog or rapid spin because if stealth rocks break the Multi it can be easily taken down, but since I am running screens I haven't run into the problem yet.

azumarill.png

Rihanna (Azumarill) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

- Play Rough

If you're going to run someone like Weavile who has trouble with bulky type mismatches like Heatran or Machamp, Azumarill allows a easy switch in to take a fire or fighting move, which can than proceed to Belly Drum + Aqua Jet anything that doesn't carry Water Absorb. I have mostly swept teams with him over Weavile/Dragonite so far because with Screens up this can be an unstoppable combo, switch into a suspected resist move and go to work.

espeon.gif

Pink Tape (Espeon) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Light Screen

- Yawn

My usual lead depending on team matchups, it can catch unsuspecting people to seem to forget the ability of Magic Bounce, it can get my hazards up with the bounced back hazards. In the meantime I usually Yawn to force switches, set up screens, then go to someone who either resists the current Pokemon in play or bring in Weavile and set up a Swords Dance and attempt to sweep. I chose Espeon as another way to deal with fighting types that annoy Weavile like Machamp or Lucario. It can pick off a weakened Machamp and hit Lucario with a Yawn to make it safe for other counters to come in.

weavile (1).png

Itachi (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard

- Throat Chop

The main focus of this team and possibly one of the best late game sweepers in OU at the moment. Once I eliminate Scizor, Lucario, Tyranitar, etc, boasting a 383 max speed, not a lot is outspeeding you late game. Ever since I have protected him with the Screens, getting swords dances up is easier than ever on a special attacker like Starmie or Gengar who get feared to swtich out. I also use him to come in on any Dragon that is currently threatening to sweep. Opposing Lati@s or Dragonites hate seeing him in the team preview before games. If you can protect Weavile properly, it is one of the deadliest sweepers to use.

staraptor.png

rip X (Staraptor) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge

- U-turn

Choice Scarf Staraptor is probably my favorite scarf user at the moment, with a high attack + reckless combo you're able to one shot Latios and come pretty close to killing Scizor at full health respectfully. This is another wallbreaker on the team, close combat hurts Blissey & Lucario meanwhile Brave Bird does heavy damage to Gengar, Scizor, and Lati@s. A scarf allows me to outspeed and even use him as a pivot lead to scout the other team. U-turn is awesome to get clean switches in for my sweepers if the Screens are up.

heatran.gif

4PF (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 SpA / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon

- Earth Power

In this slot I originally had Magneton scarfed but I forgot about getting rocks up for a minute. Being able to deal with Scizor, even living a non choice banded Brick Break if carried, I can lava plume and clear Weavile's main nemesis. I usually bring him in mid game after setting up my Screens because he does carry a deep weakness pool, I have to make sure any Rotom-W or Blastoises with Shell Smash don't come in and threaten me. I orignally had Modest but switched to Timid once I got outsped by a Machamp, I lived the dynamicpunch but was still annoyed. I love his ability to deal with fairies that stop Dragonite from using Outrage freely and Clefable that can stop a Weavile sweep with his Unaware ability.

ShuckleDeath edit: descriptions below.

Attachments

Last edited:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it
What are all 4 moves for

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Put descriptions here to not ruin images, Unlocked

Dragonite -

I always like to throw at least one sweeper that can set up something like a Shell Smash or a Dragon Dance, just in case Weavile can't get his swords up or I play a bad team matchup. MultiNite is currently a top 3 pokemon in the metagame right now so I am taking advantage of its ability to decimate teams with screens up. I am considering to get someone that has defog or rapid spin because if stealth rocks break the Multi it can be easily taken down, but since I am running screens I haven't run into the problem yet.

Azumarill -

If you're going to run someone like Weavile who has trouble with bulky type mismatches like Heatran or Machamp, Azumarill allows a easy switch in to take a fire or fighting move, which can than proceed to Belly Drum + Aqua Jet anything that doesn't carry Water Absorb. I have mostly swept teams with him over Weavile/Dragonite so far because with Screens up this can be an unstoppable combo, switch into a suspected resist move and go to work.

Espeon -

My usual lead depending on team matchups, it can catch unsuspecting people to seem to forget the ability of Magic Bounce, it can get my hazards up with the bounced back hazards. In the meantime I usually Yawn to force switches, set up screens, then go to someone who either resists the current Pokemon in play or bring in Weavile and set up a Swords Dance and attempt to sweep. I chose Espeon as another way to deal with fighting types that annoy Weavile like Machamp or Lucario. It can pick off a weakened Machamp and hit Lucario with a Yawn to make it safe for other counters to come in.

Weavile -

The main focus of this team and possibly one of the best late game sweepers in OU at the moment. Once I eliminate Scizor, Lucario, Tyranitar, etc, boasting a 383 max speed, not a lot is outspeeding you late game. Ever since I have protected him with the Screens, getting swords dances up is easier than ever on a special attacker like Starmie or Gengar who get feared to swtich out. I also use him to come in on any Dragon that is currently threatening to sweep. Opposing Lati@s or Dragonites hate seeing him in the team preview before games. If you can protect Weavile properly, it is one of the deadliest sweepers to use.

Staraptor -

Choice Scarf Staraptor is probably my favorite scarf user at the moment, with a high attack + reckless combo you're able to one shot Latios and come pretty close to killing Scizor at full health respectfully. This is another wallbreaker on the team, close combat hurts Blissey & Lucario meanwhile Brave Bird does heavy damage to Gengar, Scizor, and Lati@s. A scarf allows me to outspeed and even use him as a pivot lead to scout the other team. U-turn is awesome to get clean switches in for my sweepers if the Screens are up.

Heatran-

In this slot I originally had Magneton scarfed but I forgot about getting rocks up for a minute. Being able to deal with Scizor, even living a non choice banded Brick Break if carried, I can lava plume and clear Weavile's main nemesis. I usually bring him in mid game after setting up my Screens because he does carry a deep weakness pool, I have to make sure any Rotom-W or Blastoises with Shell Smash don't come in and threaten me. I orignally had Modest but switched to Timid once I got outsped by a Machamp, I lived the dynamicpunch but was still annoyed. I love his ability to deal with fairies that stop Dragonite from using Outrage freely and Clefable that can stop a Weavile sweep with his Unaware ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)