Dancing with Death (Currently at 1800)

So, after about a month of playing with nothing but RMT Teams, I decided to create my own team again. Of course it took me a while to find a team that fit because I'm terribad at team building (relying on RMT teams to ladder made me worse.) I wanted to build a team around a duel offensive core I found on another team, Scarf Mienshao and Band Crobat. I like these two since everyone seems to be running lead froslass now and it counters it beautifully. I decided to build a standard FWG core around it and threw in Raikou since electric types are on almost every good team.​
Durian (Ferroseed) (F) @ Eviolite​
Trait: Iron Barbs​
EVs: 192 Def / 252 HP / 64 SDef​
Calm Nature​
IVs: 0 Atk​
- Spikes​
- Leech Seed​
- Protect​
- Thunder Wave/Toxic​
Because fuck Kingdra, fuck Flygon, and fuck ayone who thinks running a fire coverage move will work. The EV's do look a little weird, but the point is that it allows it to survive a single hit against almost any mon running a fire type coverage move​
252+ SpA Life Orb Empoleon Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 64+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 255-302 (87.32 - 103.42%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (Empoleon is just an example)
252 Atk Choice Band Flygon Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 192 Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 244-288 (83.56 - 98.63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192 Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 121-144 (41.43 - 49.31%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
This means that if a Flygon switches in my ferroseed at full health and uses fire punch, between iron barbs and leech seed damage, it takes away 36% of it's health, 48% if it switches into a leech seed​
It also easily takes all of Kingdra's attacks no matter what the weather​
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 64+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 97-114 (33.21 - 39.04%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 64+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed in rain: 109-129 (37.32 - 44.17%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ Atk Kingdra Outrage vs. 252 HP / 192 Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 77-91 (26.36 - 31.16%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
The reason I decided to use Ferroseed is because Kingdra is a threat... and I needed some hazard support from something that won't die (froslass and roserade, the latter dies to any physical move) Leech seed support is also nice to extend the life of Crobat and Darmanitan when rocks are up since I don't have a spinner. The last move slot depends on what I feel like I need, do I need to stall out mons like Slowbro, Blastoise and Umbreon, or do I want to have an easier sweep with Darmanitan and Crobat. The only real problem with Ferroseed is it is taunt bait and gets shut down by Xatu, but I don't see those to often.​
Also just played a game, best shednja counter 2013​
Weakness' and synergy:​
Fire: Kingdra, Darmanitan​
Fighting: Crobat​
2Fly (Crobat) (M) @ Choice Band​
Trait: Inner Focus​
EVs: 136 Spd / 122 HP / 252 Atk​
Jolly Nature​
- Brave Bird​
- U-turn​
- Sleep Talk​
This is one of the mons I really wanted to use since it just works. The EV's are mine, though I think I might have seen them before. I don't really have anything to counter heracross, so I dumped all my uneeded speed into HP to take hits easier. It's set up to be able to outspeed all base 115's such as Azelf and Raikou while still having good bulk. The only notable mon it doesn't outspeed is weavile, but I wouldn't stay in anyway because it has Ice Shard. Also, Brave Bird destroys.​
252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 150-177 (37.12 - 43.81%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO
This is the Bulkiest mon without a resist, and it still doesn't enjoy switching in, especially if spikes are up. I am running only 3 moves, with one of them being sleep talk, but for good reason, what other moves do you need. Maybe super fang, but generally I'll just u-turn out into something else, and there are no others moves I'd rather roll while sleeping, especially since this is designated sleep fodder.
Ice: Darmanitan​
Rock: Ferroseed, Mienshao​
Electric: Ferroseed, Raikou​
DK (Darmanitan) (M) @ Life Orb​
Trait: Sheer Force​
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd​
Jolly Nature​
- Flare Blitz​
- Rock Slide​
- Superpower​
- U-turn​
This thing destroys worlds. Nothing is safe from its carnage. With great coverage, an amazing ability, and access to U-turn, Darmanitan is this teams walls breaker. Factoring in STAB and the boosts from life or and sheer force, Flare Blitz is a base 288 move coming off a giant base 140 attack, unless you are Rhyperior, Swampert, Suicune, or a flash fire mon, you aren't safe. Even if you have one of those, it has coverage moves and U-turn. With a little bit of prior damage and/or paralysis support, it is without a doubt, one of the top sweepers in the tier. It's role on this team is mostly for midgame sweeping and to be the F in my FWG core, and it excels at both of those​
Rock: Ferroseed, Mienshao​
Ground: Crobat​
Water: Kingdra, Ferroseed​
Imoogi (Kingdra) (F) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Swift Swim​
EVs: 196 Spd / 244 SAtk / 4 SDef / 64 HP​
Modest Nature​
- Rain Dance​
- Surf​
- Dragon Pulse​
- Hydro Pump​
Once again, more of my EV's. 196 speed allows it speed Scarf Mienshao and below with rain up, while being able to survive said Mienshao's reckless high jump kick, set up a rain dance, and KO it with surf. Rain Dance support, while hurting Darmanitan, helps mitigate Ferroseeds fire weakness if I need to switch. I don't really like running Draco Meteor on this set since it's supposed to abuse it's rain boosted water moves, and you can't do that with -2 special attack. I run leftovers on this set since it usually has to take a hit and then set up , and I can't really afford life orb's recoil. If I play it right, I can use this to stop stealth rocks on my side of the field since most of them don't enjoy surf/hydro pum. Speaking of, I run both of them depending on the situation. Since I don't run life orb, sometimes I need the raw power, but I still like surf because it is more reliable. The only problem with it is that it gets outsped by other kingdra in rain, but as stated before, ferroseed walls them.​
Dragon: Ferroseed​
Lion-O (Raikou) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Pressure​
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP​
Timid Nature​
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def​
- Substitute​
- Thunderbolt​
- Calm Mind​
- Hidden Power [Grass]​
Probably the most fearsome setup sweeper in UU at the moment, it set's up on just about every defensive mon in the tier, the most common being blastoise and umbreon, all while outspeeding 95% of the pokemon in UU. I used to run HP Grass in the 4th move slot to beat Rakou's most common counters in Rhyperior and Swampert, but I found myself wanting HP Ice more often then not. I decided to take GenXXZ's advice because Band Swampert is the biggest threat to this team currently. This is pretty simple and doesn't need much explanation, set up and sweep teams.​

Ground: Crobat​

Wu-Tang (Mienshao) (F) @ Choice Scarf​
Trait: Reckless​
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef​
Jolly Nature​
- Hi Jump Kick​
- U-turn​
- Stone Edge​
- Aerial Ace​
This is the second part off the offensive core I built this team around and is probably the best mon in UU right now. Outspeeding everything and being not only the best revenge killer, but also being a great sweeper and scout. Everything here is self explanitory and standard. Stone egde hit flying type and chandelure while Aerial Ace is used to pick off Scarf Heracross (the most common mon in UU at the moment) and Virizion. I think everyone here has played against it and knows what it does, so no further explanation is needed.​
Psychic: Ferroseed​
Flying: Raikou​
I haven't played to many matches so far, only about 15, so I haven't figured out all the threats yet, but it's doing pretty good, only lost 2 matches so far, one due to hax and a missed HJK. It seems pretty solid so I'll keep this thread updated on how it's doing. I can't help but feel like something is missing though, so feel free to leave any and all critisicsm.​
Importable
Durian (Ferroseed) (F) @ Eviolite​
Trait: Iron Barbs​
EVs: 192 Def / 252 HP / 64 SDef​
Calm Nature​
- Spikes​
- Leech Seed​
- Protect​
- Thunder Wave​
2Fly (Crobat) (M) @ Choice Band​
Trait: Inner Focus​
EVs: 136 Spd / 122 HP / 252 Atk​
Jolly Nature​
- Brave Bird​
- U-turn​
- Sleep Talk​
-​
DK (Darmanitan) (M) @ Life Orb​
Trait: Sheer Force​
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd​
Jolly Nature​
IVs: 30 SAtk​
- Flare Blitz​
- Rock Slide​
- Superpower​
- U-turn​
Imoogi (Kingdra) (F) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Swift Swim​
EVs: 196 Spd / 244 SAtk / 4 SDef / 64 HP​
Modest Nature​
- Rain Dance​
- Surf​
- Dragon Pulse​
- Hydro Pump​
Lion-O (Raikou) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Pressure​
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP​
Timid Nature​
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def​
- Substitute​
- Thunderbolt​
- Calm Mind​
- Hidden Power [Ice]​
Wu-Tang (Mienshao) (F) @ Choice Scarf​
Trait: Reckless​
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef​
Jolly Nature​
- Hi Jump Kick​
- U-turn​
- Stone Edge​
- Aerial Ace​

Hey, I'm glad you're giving building your own teams a shot. Everyone's gotta start somewhere and I think you'll be more comfortable creating your own teams in no time! :)

With that being said, I can tell that you're experienced with UU and have seen/used a lot of teams because the team you ended up building seems like a pretty solid one. Also I really like how you altered the EVs to counter certain threats; it's a really nice twist that I can definitely see you surprising the opponent. I can tell you spent a lot of time on the Damage Calc figuring these out, and I commend you for it.

Biggest threat that I can see for this team? Swampert. Once Ferroseed is out of the way, you have very little to take it on. The band set can switch in on the Raikou and start hitting hard with Earthquake, or predict the Brobat switch in and use Ice Punch. This is why I strongly, strongly recommend Hidden Power (Grass) over Hidden Power (Ice) on Raikou. This way you don't have to fear swampert; and you'll just generally get better coverage that way.
If you do end up missing HP Ice though, I recommend you put the move on Mienshao instead, replacing Aerial Ace. You already have Brobat which hard-counters any Heracross that isn't choiced (Although I bet you could even live an unboosted Stone Edge from the scarf set) so I don't think Aerial Ace is that needed.

That's it from me! Very solid looking team, and I wish you luck on your future team building endeavors!

I can see swampert being a problem. A bulky set would be more annoying than an actual threat, but a band set could do damage. I don't really want to drop aerial ace though because crobat can't take a stone edge after rocks. The mon I had the biggest problem with was roserade because, if rocks are up, my 2 biggest counter to it have limited switch-in. Also gligar was pretty annoying, but kingdra can deal with it

Update: Currently sitting at a little 0ver 1800 and have a record of 14 and 3, the third loss was a gimmicky team that had a liepard that assisted moves like bounce, dive, etc. It swagger'd my ferroseed and psych'd up and there was nothing I could do after it had a sub up :/

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The only pokemon you have to resist Fighting-type is Crobat, which as no way to recover his hp from multiple hits and can easily bite the dust by those same Fighting-types using Stone edge, which is common on them. As Mienshao/Crobat/Darm loves residual ( I hope i spelled it right!) damages, adding Stealth Rock on your team would benefit greatly!

With that, I propose to change Kingdra for a Qwilfish. With the Poison typing, it gives you another way to deal with fighting-types, while still having a FWG core and a new Spike user.
Now that Qwilfish is the Spike-setter, I propose to put Stealth Rock on Ferroseed over Spikes.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability : Intimidate
Nature: Impish (+DEF,-SATK)
EVs: 252 hp/ 204 def/ 52 spe
-Spike
-Pain split
-Waterfall
-Haze/ Taunt (The one you prefer)

TL: DR
Kingdra -> Qwilfish (the set above).
Spike -> Stealth Rock on Ferroseed.

Hope I helped :]

Qwilfish is a good idea, but I've already tried it, it was on the team before this and I ended up replacing it because it still ended up being frail, it seemed to be hurt by everything. I also don't like the idea of dedicated phys/special walls, a mon should be able to take atleast a neutral hit for the side they aren't as invested in, but qwilfish can't do that. Also, Kingdra's raw speed and power under rain have also gotten me out of a lot of binds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)