Deoxys E Discussion

Should the SPEED Version of deoxys be allowed in standard play

• Yes - it has sufficient counters

Votes: 170 51.1%
  • No - the movepool is still too wide and the "counters" don't wall deoxys good enough

Votes: 163 48.9%

• Total voters
Even if Deoxys-S rips up certain teams, that doesn't mean it's uber. Imagine if Weavile/Garchomp/Salamence/Zapdos/anything like them didn't exist, then magically appeared out of nowhere. They'd singlehandedly rip more than a few teams to bits of fuzzy lint that cling to that mesh thing in the dryer at first, but then people would learn how to handle them without centralizing. That's basically what's happening with Deoxys-S now, and although it was before my time, I'm sure something like this happened after the unbanning of Celebi or Jirachi in Advance, and it would happen to some extent if anything got unbanned.

I just saw one on Shoddy Ladder today, and I went O_o, although it packs bad defences and HP, it has ok atk and sp.atk, and an amazing movepool, so I'm not really sure if it should be allowed in OU.

I honestly don't know how you people are so afraid when it has a whopping 397 maximum attack stats (+ nature, 252 EVs, Life Orb). Sure it'll do a lot of damage but seriously, Garchomp, Salamence, Porygon-Z, Alakazam, etc get more attack than this without any boosts : |

I don't really see Deoxys-E as threatening. He has a great movepool, sure, but ignore Speed and you've got 50/95/90/95/90 base stats, which aren't that good for OU. Also compare his stats to the other OU base 600s (namely, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Celebi, Metagross, Salamence, Jirachi, Cresselia, Heatran, Shaymin, etc.) and you will realize that his stats aren't THAT good. He has only been uber in the first place because everyone was like 'He's Deoxys! Ofcourse he's uber. He's an event Pokemon.'

He was introduced halfway through Advance, and never even got tested in OU. He got sent straight to uber. :( I think we should at least see what it's like with him in OU. Yay for ShoddyBattle!

One thing that people need to understand is that you can counter ANYTHING with good prediction, so saying "Deoxys-E can be countered with prediction!!! IT'S NOT UBER!!!" is stupid. I once fought my friend in a local battle (which we didn't realize wasn't level 100 balance at the time) and stalled out his level 98 Kyogre with some level 40 schwag for 5 or 6 turns (of my whole team taking absolutely no damage). As I said, everything can be countered by proper prediction, so it contributes absolutely nothing to your argument aside from stating that you don't know how to make a proper argument.

Well at first I thought it wasn't over powered because it 2HKOed stuff, but I've realized you can baton pass it a nasty plot and then things get really nasty.

I'll have to see how it plays out, I'm not sure what to think of it anymore. I do know though that on Shoddy that I fear other pokemon far more than deoxys atm.

Extremespeed would go before Sucker Punch since Deoxys would most likely be faster.
Any Deoxys that has extreme speed is dumb. It doesnt do much, and its fast enough anyway. Its wasting one of its precious move slots. It also opens itself up to way more counters by running a normal move. instead of something with more SEs

That's true, with the advent of Life Orb and Choice Specs Deoxys is much stronger than it used to be. Had sufficient testing been done in ADV it likely would have gone to OU (of course I wasn't really around in ADV so I don't know...)

no it was inconclusive and as a safeguard he was banned anyways to prevent people from bitching

Rules: Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause
TonyRomo sent out Deoxys-e (lvl 100 Deoxys-e).
alooc mey sent out Kingdra (lvl 100 Kingdra ?).
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!
alooc mey: finally someone with Deoxys E
Deoxys-e used Psycho Boost.
Kingdra lost 80% of its health.
Deoxys-e's special attack was harshly lowered.
Deoxys-e lost 10% of its health.
Kingdra used Hydro Pump.
Deoxys-e lost 99% of its health.
TonyRomo's Deoxys-e fainted.
---
TonyRomo has left the room.
alooc mey wins!
alooc mey: so...it's not too good at all lol

I'm alooc mey(lol name)...Kingdra ownage.It doesn't mean Deoxys is crap though

Rules: Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause
TonyRomo sent out Deoxys-e (lvl 100 Deoxys-e).
alooc mey sent out Kingdra (lvl 100 Kingdra ?).
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!
alooc mey: finally someone with Deoxys E
Deoxys-e used Psycho Boost.
Kingdra lost 80% of its health.
Deoxys-e's special attack was harshly lowered.
Deoxys-e lost 10% of its health.
Kingdra used Hydro Pump.
Deoxys-e lost 99% of its health.
TonyRomo's Deoxys-e fainted.
---
TonyRomo has left the room.
alooc mey wins!
alooc mey: so...it's not too good at all lol

I'm alooc mey(lol name)...Kingdra ownage.It doesn't mean Deoxys is crap though
What the hell does this prove?

That Deoxys-S fails to OHKO a Kingdra with a STAB LO Psycho Boost?

Maybe his EVs were shit, or something.

EDIT: Nope, max SAttk Modest (Mild, Rash) Deoxys-S does a min of 95% to 0/0 Kingdra, which most likely had some HP EVs.

That being said, who the hell uses Hydro Pump on Kingdra anyways?

What the hell does this prove?
That Deoxys S isn't gamebreaking,broken...like some people here claims.He's a real good OU.Point.
Anything he can't hit super reffective and have some good defenses/attacks will kill him.
To me,it's one of the best OU...not Uber
Ps:my Kingdra has 128 evs in sp.def.
Ps2:Normal/Psychic is a cool type for countering Deoxys.Too bad Girafarig is frail

That Deoxys S isn't gamebreaking,broken...like some people here claims.He's a real good OU.Point.
Anything he can't hit super reffective and have some good defenses/attacks will kill him.
To me,it's one of the best OU...not Uber
Ps:my Kingdra has 128 evs in sp.def.
All your turn showee was that a pokemon with 50/90/90 defences cannot take a stab 120 bp move from base 95 sp.atk somming from a most likely Spec'd or fully special Kingdra

My Kingdra has Damp Rock
This shows that is useless try to wall Deoxys(except with the stell/psychic ones...).The best thing to do is attack with something poweful and not so frail(yache berry Dragonite maybe?)
And it shows that a 95 sp.atk with Life Orb and a 140 STAB move can't OHKO a 75/95/95 defenses(note:the base attacks of Deoxys and Kngdra are the same).
I'm just teling that Deoxys isn't broken for OU,that's all

lol, i'm running a starter Deoxys-e and it works great as a pogey. However, it is not an uncounterable pokemon; Spiritomb eats it alive and priority moves off a strong enough pokemon kill it easily.

In most battles, it dies first. But that's mainly due to it being my starter

Legendaries like Entei and the Regis are on the lower tiers. Why we don't try to use Deoxys Speed in OU? Just because of the Speed? Just look to the other base stats. Well, he does have a good movepool, but it can be countered. Some people will act like "hey, Deoxys Speed is in OU now, I haveto use him!", though.

@Arcadian Oni: It's not because he's legendary at all, that's just a common trait for ubers. And because Entei is BL, that doesn't mean Deoxys-S is OU... how do you get that?

I hear that Deoxys-S got sufficient testing in Advance, and was still considered uber. So why is this being unbanned in DP, now that it's become a lot better with the addition of Life Orb and Choice Specs (not to mention the advent of Choice Scarfers, all of which he outspeeds, most with a neutral speed nature, if I recall correctly)?

He might still need testing, but Shoddy's testing likely won't cut it for Smogon. If the mods think he should be let into OU, I hope they decide to test it in a tourney/whatever, instead of just taking Colin's word for it, however intelligent he may be.

It's not "invincible", or "uncounterable", but I think it would lead to centralization.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)