Diglett (QC 2/3, GP 0/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]

Diglett's blazing 20 speed sets it at the very top of the speed tier, and ability Arena Trap allow it to function as a top tier revenge killer. Its useful offensive typing and STAB Earthquake allow it to take out or threaten many key Pokemon in the tier. While options are not too varied, Diglett has all the right tools, with Sucker Punch allowing it access to one of the fastest Priority moves in the tier, Rock Slide, to help with opposing Flying-types. Diglett is also able to support its team with a variety of support moves for after its trapping duties are complete.

Where there is light there is also darkness and nothing shines on Digletts defensive stats, making it difficult to switch in and vulnerable to opposing priority moves. It also finds itself between a rock and a hard place with items; an Eviolite lacks the damage output that is gained from a Life Orb, while the latter has fewer opportunities to safely switch in. Diglett faces competition for a trapping role with Trapinch, who hits harder and has more defensive prowess than Diglett. Even with a Life Orb, Diglett is still quite weak, as it only reaches 15 Attack and may need some support. Diglett itself is also easy to be revenge killed or set up on by bulkier attackers.

[SET]

name: Offensive Trapper

move 1: Earthquake

move 2: Rock Slide

move 3: Sucker Punch

move 4: Memento / Stealth Rock / Substitute

item: Life Orb

ability: Arena Trap

nature: Jolly

evs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves

========

Earthquake is Diglett's strongest and most reliable STAB move and allows Diglett to remove major threats such as Onix, Pawniard and Mareanie. Rock Slide allows Diglett to hit Pokemon that are immune to Earthquake, such as Vullaby, Wingull and Koffing, albeit weakly on the latter. Sucker Punch gives Diglett a means to fend off revenge killers like Corpish and creates 50/50 situations with weakened boosted sweepers like Shellder and Dwebble. Memento allows Diglett to create an opening for a set-up sweeper teammate by lowering the opponents offensive stats, forcing a switch. Stealth Rock let's Diglett support teammates long term by laying down some entry hazards. Substitute is an equally attractive to the afforementioned moves, allows Diglett to play mindgames with Sucker Punch users and also blocks status moves like Sleep Powder or Stun Spore, which would otherwise cripple Diglett's effectiveness.

Set Details

========

Maximum speed and maximum attack allow Diglett to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame and hit as hard as possible. The remaining EVs are thrown into HP, but it doesn't really matter where they go. With 236 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature, Diglett reaches 20 speed, which is top in the tier and outpaces other major threats such as Ponyta and Wingull. 236 Attack EVs give Diglett an attack stat of 15, which isn't anything to write home about, but thanks to a strong STAB move and Life Orb yields a respectable damage output. Thanks to Diglett's low HP, it also only takes 1 HP damage per turn from Life Orb recoil. Arena Trap is necessary for Diglett to perform its role of trapping in your opponents' Pokemon.

Usage Tips

========

This set aims to trap and revenge kill an opponent's Pokemon or remove common metagame threats such as Onix, Pawniard, Mareanie and Ponyta. Diglett can do this very well with a slow pivot teammate or after one of the user's Pokemon has fainted. A good strategy is to bring a teammate that lure's in the previously listed threats, offering Diglett a window to do its job. Utilizing entry hazards, such as Stealth Rock or (Toxic) Spikes in conjuction with status conditions help Diglett succeed thanks to chip damage over time to cripple Pokemon that Diglett has a difficult time getting around.

Team Options

========

Spritzee makes an excellent partner as Diglett has no problems clearing out Mareanie and Pawniard from the field. Sun-based teams also benefit once Diglett has removed Ponyta as well as the other aforementioned Pokemon. Slow pivots, such as Pancham and Vullaby, also provide great synergy as a lure for Diglett to trap and eliminate a threat. Knock Off users such as Timburr and Pawniard are beneficial teammates for Diglett as well, to ensure more KOs by removing Eviolite and Berry Juice items from the opponent's bulkier Pokemon, such as Sturdy Onix, Mareanie and Pawniard. For example, Diglett cannot OHKO Mareanie from full HP with an eviolite, but can once the item is removed. Additionally, removing Choice Scarves from faster, would be revenge killers, such as Chinchou or Krabby, helps Diglett eliminate those threats. Even though Diglett is the natural fastest Pokemon in the tier, it still enjoys support from Sticky Web, as it can help eliminate the concern of Choice Scarf users altogether. Finally, anything that can help eliminate Flying-type or Levitate enemies makes Diglett's job a lot easier, good choices for this are Chinchou or Onix. Lastly, Diglett appreciates Ferroseed or Oddish to handle Mudbray and Weak Armor Onix, in addition to Water-type threats such as Chinchou, Krabby and Corpish.

[SET]

name: Eviolite Trapper

move 1: Earthquake

move 2: Earth Power

move 3: Rock Slide

move 4: Final Gambit / Sucker Punch

item: Eviolite

ability: Arena Trap

nature: Hasty / Naive

evs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves

========

While Diglett's stats don't make Eviolite an obvious item choice, it can provide just that little bit of cushioning which allows Diglett an easier chance to switch in. Primarily, it allows Diglett to better take unboosted, not Super-Effective priority moves. Earthquake is still Diglett's strongest move and best chance to net KOs. Earth Power may seem like an odd choice, but helps Diglett avoid activating Weak Armor on Onix, and is a means to get around Iron Defense Mareanie. Rock Slide once again is present for coverage against Vullaby and Wingull, and any other Earthquake-immune Pokemon. In the last slot, Final Gambit can be a nice choice to get a final KO on a particularly difficult Pokemon, or just to take a chunk of HP out and give another teammate a chance to finish off. However, Final Gambit does sacrifice Diglett, so it should be used sparingly. Sucker Punch is also an equally attractive option, allowing Diglett to deal with revenge killers, such as Corpish or forcing mind-games with Shell Smashers such as Diglett or Dwebble. Sludge Bomb can be used over Rock Slide if Weak Armor Vullaby or Cottonnee is a concern.

Set Details

========

Diglett requires max Speed investment to reach the coveted 20 Speed milestone. A Hasty or Naive nature is recommended to get more damage out of Earth Power and keeping topspeed. The cost of using an Eviolite is the loss of damage output which is granted by Life Orb. Neither Earthquake or Earth Power will OHKO Eviolite Onix from full health. Pawniard also has only a small chance to be OHKOd by Earthquake after Stealth Rock. Sucker Punch remains Diglett's best defense against opposing priority users, if chosen over Final Gambit. Due to the lack of damage output, this set benefits from entry hazards and status chip damage. If Sludge Bomb is opted over Rock Slide, 156 Special Attack investment will be required to OHKO Cottonnee.

Usage Tips

========

Eviolite grants Diglett some more flexibility in play compared to a Life Orb, at the cost of damage. The end goal is to still trap and remove common walls and offensive threats present in the Little Cup metagame. Some prime targets for Diglett are Mareanie, Onix, Pawniard and Ponyta. Thanks to carrying Earth Power, Diglett isn't worried about switching into a Will-O-Wisp and can still handle Ponyta well even with burn status. Earth Power also avoids to activate Weak Armor on Onix, making it easier to deal and clear. Particularly, this set excels at handling Iron Defense Mareanie who can shrug off Earthquakes, even if Diglett has a Life Orb. One should note that even if he opposing Mareanie is not holding an Eviolite, Earth Power will still not OHKO, so chip damage or teammate support will be required.

Team Options

========

As with the Life Orb set, many of the same teammates will still be desired for the Eviolite Trapper. Vullaby and Pancham make great slowturners to lure in Onix and Pawniward or Mareanie, respectively. As mentioned, because of the low damage output from not having a Life Orb, entry hazards are much appreciated by Diglett. Ferroseed is an excellent choice and also eases the threat of opposing Water-types, such as Corpish and Shellder, and also can work as a lure for Ponyta. Spritzee is a good teammate as well, with its synergy from Wish-passing and also can lure in Mareanie to be trapped by Diglett.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options

=============

Diglett has many niche moves and sets to fill several roles. With a Focus Sash, Diglett can be a good dedicated lead to get out to an early start for offensive-minded teams. Reversal is a good 4th move on this set to take full advantage of Focus Sash. Memento also works well to create an opening for Diglett's teammates. Diglett can also make use of a Choice Scarf to outpseed other Choice Scarf users and revenge trap Flame Charge Ponyta, as well as outpace other Diglett. Sludge Bomb can be a solid choice to damage Vullaby without triggering Weak Armor, but is a fairly weak choice. If one absolutely needs Stealth Rock and can't find another teammate to take over the role, Diglett can set Stealth Rock quite easily with it's fast speed, and compress multiple roles into one, but runs the risk of being a proverbial jack of all trades. Lastly, if running a manual Sun team, Diglett is the fastest non-Prankster Sunny Day setter in the tier.

Checks and Counters

===================

**Non-grounded Pokemon**: Flying-type Pokemon don't fear Diglett as they are immune to its STAB and strongest attack. Koffing and Bronzor are also great counters to Diglett, given their natural physical bulkiness and immunity to Diglett's STAB. Bulkier Flying-types such as Vullaby are also able to setup on Diglett which can be very difficult to play against. Diglett's very weak defenses also do it no favours when having to deal with attacks from Flying-type Pokemon, as a STAB Brave Bird or Air Slash can shred through Diglett's paper defenses.

**Strong Priority Users**: Building on the last point of Diglett's abysmal defense stats, a strong priority move such as a Sucker Punch from Pawniard, Mach Punch from Timburr or Aqua Jet from anything, will also nullify Diglett. Only priority users who are weak to Sucker Punch, of which there are not many, can Diglett reliably take on. Additionally, any bulky priority user can likely shrug off one of Diglett's attacks and either setup or just outright beat Diglett.

**Grass-types**: Ferroseed and Oddish are the biggest Grass-type threats in the tier. Diglett can only hope for high rolls to 2HKO either, even with Stealth Rock damage. Bullet Seed Ferroseed can also break any Substitutes Diglett has set up while Oddish can shrug off damage and crippled Diglett with Strength Sap or just KO with Giga Drain.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Because Diglett doesn't have a reliable way to boost its damage output, bulky pokemon can either wear Diglett out, or set the conditions for the opposing team to initiate their own setup sweepers. Even with a Life Orb, Diglett's non super effective hits are relatively weak. This allows, but is not limited to, Pokemon like Shellder, Corpish, Scrafty, Timburr, Mareanie and others to shrug off Diglett's attempts and get in position to wreak havoc.

[CREDITS]

- Written by: [[Alan, 43880]]

- Quality checked by: [[KSG,32350 ], [Stoward,420389], [, ]]

- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]

I think this is done, as in ready to be checked. I decided to leave off the Choice Scarf set since Elekid is no longer a thing, and it just doesn't seem as useful with Webs being such a critical part of the current LC metagame. It also doesn't hit very hard and its kinda just underwhelming in my experience, and being locked into Earthquake makes it way too easy for Vullaby, Wingull, Cutiefly or any number of mons to switch in and get a free setup which can easily wreck a team. I also didn't make a special diglett set because a) I've never used it and b) it seems hella niche and probably could do with being in Other Options if you guys think so. Anyway cheers.

Last edited:

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
I can see the amount of effort you put into writing this. C&C definitely appreciates that amount of engagement and care.

I'm going to start off with my biggest note: I don't think Focus Sash Diglett is worthy of a set. Given the relative unreliability of Focus Sash due to rocks and the non-existence of dedicated leads, I do not think this much focus is warranted in the analysis. Diglett will almost always be better off running Life Orb or Eviolite, and the analysis should reflect that.

With that said:

on: Offensive trapper
  • Substitute should be the first move in the fourth slot, given the prevalence of Pawniard and Diglett's role in trapping it. After this, I would slash Memento and maybe Final Gambit. Final Gambit is good because it can guarantee picks or damage on chipped mons that Diglett could otherwise not kill, like Ferroseed, although obvious Life Orb makes it less reliable on this set. Rocks are fine to mention in the set comments as an option, but due to Diglett's frailty, I don't think Diglett is typically an advisable rocker on any given team.
  • Instead of mentioning that Rock Slide hits Pokemon with Levitate, throw in Rufflet and Cutiefly mentions. Cutiefly is among the most important things Diglett traps, and the most prominent levitator is probably Koffing, which doesn't take much of anything from Rock Slide.
  • I don't think there are a lot of prominent frail scarfers that fit the bill for this Sucker Punch comment, nor are there many Bunnelbys. Instead, I would emphasize that Sucker Punch forces 50/50s with set-up sweepers like boosted Shellder and SD Corphish and can revenge kill them if they are low on health.

• I think most of these EV comments are pretty intuitive - there's not a whole lot of range in what this set wants to do. The HP doesn't give Diglett survivability so much as it's leftover EVs that would be wasted otherwise, but that's probably a nitpick on my part. Mention that Life Orb is necessary to threaten Eviolite Onix, Mareanie, and Pawniard to greater effect, including being necessary to OHKO Pawniard at all.

• In my opinion, this usage section should be very explicit about the things Diglett aims to trap - you mention scouting Chinchou sets, but more important than this is mentioning that Diglett aims to remove Pokemon like Onix, Pawniard, Ponyta, Mareanie, and Cutiefly from the field. I would remove most of this stuff about Choice Scarf mons - both yours and your opponent's - and replace it with Diglett working well with U-Turners and Pokemon that force switches. This can obviously be further fleshed out in the team support section. I would then describe how Diglett's presence in preview can dissuade its opponent from making certain switches that would otherwise be free, such as Pawniard and Onix into Vullaby or Rufflet.
  • I don't think Bulbasaur, Timburr, or Corphish obviously set up on Life Orb Diglett - you mention many times that it is not that strong, but it is still chunking Corphish and Bulbasaur and both fear Sucker Punch after Earthquake barring DD from the former. Better examples of mons that set up on this set are Shellder and NP Vullaby.

• I don't think the partners you list as appreciating Diglett's support are obvious, barring maybe Spritzee and the removal of Pawniard/Mareanie. Instead of phrasing this section as "Diglett remove x-type Pokemon," I would mention the specific important Pokemon that Diglett traps and who appreciates that - Onix and Pawniard for Vullaby and Rufflet, Mareanie for Spritzee, Cutiefly, and Corphish, Ponyta for Cutiefly, and so on.
  • I don't think Webs are an aid to Diglett so much as opposing Webs are a hindrance. I would replace "Diglett appreciates webs for scarfers," since most important scarfers (Rufflet, Vullaby) are web-immune anyway, with Diglett appreciating team support that can remove webs, since webs removes its natural speed advantage and makes it unable to trap most things it wants to.
  • This team support section needs to mention Diglett's synergy with U-turners, especially Rufflet and Vullaby, because of Diglett's ability to pivot in for free and remove common flying resists.

Onto Other Options:
  • This is the place where I think you can mention Sash and Scarf. Scarf's niche use is revenge killing other Digletts and boosted Cutieflies more reliably, although the lower power level makes it less reliable at trapping anything else. Sash can be mentioned here for its leading capabilities.
  • I don't think Aerial Ace is worthwhile right now, as the grass types that resist Earthquake are pretty irrelevant.
  • I don't think Mimic is ever really useful and should be removed.
Checks and Counters:
  • Mention that strong priority users can force Diglett out and require another mon to take a hit of even a knock from Timburr/Corphish.
  • Mention that although bulkier NP Vull/Rufflet sets can somethings boost through Diglett, they still do not appreciate Rock Slide damage and flinch chances.
  • Mention that Diglett should be careful about hitting Vullaby when it cannot guarantee the KO, as triggering Weak Armor on NP Vullaby can be disastrous.
  • Under bulky Pokemon, I would remove the Hone Claws mention. I would also replace Scrafty (which is not the LC legal one anyway lol) with Spritzee, which can heal off EQ damage with wish.
  • I don't think these non-Oddish grass types are worth mentioning, as all of them are pretty bad.
  • Mention Koffing as a ground immune along with the fliers.

As for other sets: I have not landed on a specific solution for this yet, but i believe Diglett needs at least one more set that functions more as team support and possibly incorporates the use of Earth Power. Earth Power is useful with SpA investment for reliably trapping chipped/knocked Mareanie and beat Iron Defense variants, as well as beating Evio Onix without triggering Weak Armor. This set could also include Rocks and Gambit, both of which are moves that are worth mentioning. I don't know how other QCers feel about this, but it's at the very least OO material.

Anyway, thanks for the effort,
QC 1/3

Would you say that Special Diglett deserves a whole set? I can replace the focus sash one with it, because i think to fully explain it would require a lot for OO, but if im going to do it all for naught I would like to know before i do. ill work on those changes though, thanks for the feedback.

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
OVERVIEW

Noticed a lot of fluff here - Don't really need the simile's of "Much like a swiss army knife". They just make the analysis longer than it needs to be. I'd like to see a sentence talking about how Diglett faces competition from Trapinch. Also remove the sentence about the Sash as that isn't a set that we'll be writing about. Otherwise content here is good.

Life Orb Trapper

[SET]
:blobthumbsup:

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves

Earthquake is Diglett's strongest and most reliable STAB move and allows Diglett to clear opposing Steel-, Electric-, Rock- and Poison-types that it aims to trap.
Would rather see examples of common Pokemon that Diglett traps rather than types.

Rock Slide allows Diglett to hit Pokemon that are immune to Earthquake, such as Vullaby and Pokemon with the Levitate ability.
List levitate examples.
Sucker Punch gives Diglett a means to combat frail Choice Scarf users and also slower priority users, such as Bunnelby.
Would prefer a more viable example than Bunnelby. That said, most priority attackers either resist Sucker Punch (i.e. Timburr and Pawniard) or have a higher priority attack such as Trapinch and Zigzagoon. Corphish might be a better mention here. Make sure to state that these Pokemon need to be severely weakened for Sucker Punch to KO them.

Sludge Bomb can also be used with a Naive or Hasty nature to hit harder against opposing Grass-types, and get a OHKO on Cottonee.
Sludge Bomb seems like top of Other Options imo.

Set Details
Maximum speed and maximum attack allow Diglett to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame and hit as hard as possible. The remaining EVs are thrown into HP in order to give Diglett a modicum of survivability.
This is all you really need to say when talking about the EVs (State in the sentence that a Jolly Nature is used). Use a different word to modicum. English won't be the first language for a lot of people who read these analyses and we don't need to make the vocabulary any more sophisticated then it needs to be.
Other points would be a brief sentence about Life Orb and a sentence about Arena Trap.

Usage Tips

Because Diglett's defense is very poor, it is not wise to switch it into an opponent. The aim is to trap and revenge kill an opponent's Pokemon, and Diglett can do this very well with a slow pivot or after one of the user's Pokemon has fainted.

A good strategy is to bring a Choice Scarf equipped Pokemon in order to scout the opponent's Pokemon,
You definitely want to scout for Choice Scarfed Pokemon, however this doesn't necessarily have to be done by bringing in your own Choice Scarfed Pokemon. Due to Diglett's frailty, it loses to just about all Choice Scarfed Pokemon.

It is worth keeping in mind, that despite having a Life Orb and maxed out attack stat, Diglett still is not very powerful and can be used as setup fodder for opposing Pokemon such as Corpish, Timburr, Bulbasaur and others.
Either add a more viable example than Bulbasaur or just have Corphish and Timburr there.

Team Options

Diglett does a fine job of clearing out Electric-, Rock-, and Steel-types,
List examples

Spritzee also makes an excellent partner as Diglett has no problems clearing out Steel- or Poison-types from the field.
Examples again

Grass-type sweepers such as Bulbasaur and Grookey also gain a boon once Diglett has cleared Fire- and Steel-types from the field.
Yeah Grookey isn't even ranked and Bulbasaur isn't exactly common. I'd probably remove this sentence entirely or just change it to Grass-types and talk about Ferroseed and Oddish - Especially the fact that Ferroseed can provide entry hazards.

The rest is pretty good

Mixed Eviolite

[SET]
Talked with QC. last moves should be Final Gambit / Sucker Punch.

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
* sludge bomb ohkos cottonnee (not very common tbh), doesn't activate WA on vulla
Yeah Sludge bomb is OO material imo

Set Details

These are good - just elaborate on the content that you've got

Usage Tips

Same deal as Set Details. Elaborate on these

Team Options
Same deal again

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options

Benchmark for Other Options here seems to be pretty low. Only things I'd really wanna see here are
1. Sash
2. Scarf
3. Sludge Bomb
4. Stealth Rock on Eviolite set (Doesn't really have the moveset for it but desperate times for role compression call for desperate measures)

Checks and Counters

**Grass-types**: Resistance to STAB and the ability to hit super effectively back mean Grass-types can reliably force Diglett out if it isn't carrying Sludge Bomb. Snover and Grookey are both strong Grass-types who can scare Diglett, as well as many of the Grass/Poison-types in the tier such as Oddish and Bulbasaur. Oddish is particularly difficult thanks to Strength Sap which allows it to shrug off any attack and also cripple Diglett in place.
Talk about Ferroseed and Oddish. only

There's a lot of stuff to cover here. I'd like to take another look before I stamp this. Please tag me when you've implemented.
Also Cutiefly has been banned so please don't mention it in this analysis.

Last edited:
afaik I did. I just didn't change it to paragraph form. did I miss something?

edit: did not realise rufflett had been banned. also stop banning stuff so fast.

edit again: removed rufflett.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Please make sure to either fully implement checks or make a reply explaining why you didn't include that part of the check. Examples of things missing from checks: KSG's set change recommendations (substitute still isn't even slashed let alone primary slash). A lot of other stuff KSG put in (the Sucker Punch 50/50s for example). Stoward's recommendation to include Trapinch competition in the Overview.

Go back through both checks, make sure they're fully implemented, then please tag Stoward to get to QC 2/3. I would also strongly recommend putting more detail into the bullets on the second set because right now they're so vague as to be meaningless. It'll make it easier to put it in paragraph form later, so this isn't wasted effort.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Please make sure to either fully implement checks or make a reply explaining why you didn't include that part of the check. Examples of things missing from checks: KSG's set change recommendations (substitute still isn't even slashed let alone primary slash). A lot of other stuff KSG put in (the Sucker Punch 50/50s for example). Stoward's recommendation to include Trapinch competition in the Overview.

Go back through both checks, make sure they're fully implemented, then please tag Stoward to get to QC 2/3. I would also strongly recommend putting more detail into the bullets on the second set because right now they're so vague as to be meaningless. It'll make it easier to put it in paragraph form later, so this isn't wasted effort.
Alan what is the status on this

I'll get to it this afternoon, just been quite busy.

edit: I made paragraphs for the Evio set, cleared up some of the LO set and tried to impliment as many changes without making it too wordy. Formatting got messed up because I edited in Notepad++, but I'll worry about that later since it's just whitespace not actual content.

Last edited:

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
on: Offensive trapper
  • Substitute should be the first move in the fourth slot, given the prevalence of Pawniard and Diglett's role in trapping it. After this, I would slash Memento and maybe Final Gambit. Final Gambit is good because it can guarantee picks or damage on chipped mons that Diglett could otherwise not kill, like Ferroseed, although obvious Life Orb makes it less reliable on this set. Rocks are fine to mention in the set comments as an option, but due to Diglett's frailty, I don't think Diglett is typically an advisable rocker on any given team.
  • Instead of mentioning that Rock Slide hits Pokemon with Levitate, throw in Rufflet and Cutiefly mentions. Cutiefly is among the most important things Diglett traps, and the most prominent levitator is probably Koffing, which doesn't take much of anything from Rock Slide.
  • I don't think there are a lot of prominent frail scarfers that fit the bill for this Sucker Punch comment, nor are there many Bunnelbys. Instead, I would emphasize that Sucker Punch forces 50/50s with set-up sweepers like boosted Shellder and SD Corphish and can revenge kill them if they are low on health.
  • I don't think Webs are an aid to Diglett so much as opposing Webs are a hindrance. I would replace "Diglett appreciates webs for scarfers," since most important scarfers (Rufflet, Vullaby) are web-immune anyway, with Diglett appreciating team support that can remove webs, since webs removes its natural speed advantage and makes it unable to trap most things it wants to.
  • This team support section needs to mention Diglett's synergy with U-turners, especially Rufflet and Vullaby, because of Diglett's ability to pivot in for free and remove common flying resists.

Checks and Counters:

• Mention that Diglett should be careful about hitting Vullaby when it cannot guarantee the KO, as triggering Weak Armor on NP Vullaby can be disastrous.
All of this from KSG's check still hasn't been implemented. Considering the amount of time that has been spent to get the analysis to this stage and the fact that both C&C mods have already asked you to implement these checks, I'm going to have to set this to QC Rejected 1/2.

I appreciate the amount of time that's gone into this, and I really don't want to discourage you from contributing, it's just that it's absolutely crucial that our QC checks are implemented properly, and with the fast paced way that Pokemon Sword and Shield metagames are evolving - especially with DLC around the corner - we can't really afford to spend months in between QC checks.

If you ever have questions regarding QC checks, or require any sort of assistance implementing them, don't hesitate to message the #QC channel in the LC Discord.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
As Stoward said, QC checks need to be implemented fully or have reasons provided why you disagree. Since there's no sign that this will be happening, this analysis will be reassigned.

QC Rejected 2/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)