Do you use pokemon you hate?

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I am curious, since I have an extreme bias towards certain pokemon (useless as they may be) if anyone else has excluded useful pokemon from a team because you simply can't stand them.
Well, I suppose that I really don't like Dusknoir. That thing is just a bit too ugly for my tastes, and IMO isn't really the best rapid spin blocker out there.

I don't really like Blissey that much either, well just the standard Blissey. The Choice Specs version actually seems like a nice change, I might try it sometime.

Adversely, have you used a pokemon that you hate to find success with it and then start liking it based on performance?
Donphan I suppose. I didn't really want to use a hardcore OU pokemon, but this guy actually performed quite well.

Is there a pokemon that you have started disliking because of an inherant shittyness that comes with it, even if you liked it for a long time?
Farfetch'd...I tried giving it a chance on my Knock Off team because it's the only Normal/Flying that can learn Knock Off (I wanted its immunities), and it was the only one that could wish as well. Sure, it could take a nasty plotted hit from Togekiss with my spread...but oh well. I was keen on using it and it didn't do its job!

I guess the last question here would be is there a pokemon on a team that is simply dead weight that you just like using simply cause you like it?
Nope. EVERY pokemon on my team is a part of the binding focus on each of my teams. If they aren't doing anything, and I really like them, I'll customize its spread and moveset so that it WILL contribute something. =]

Nau. If I did use Pokemon I hated, I'd have Ambipom on every team.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who actually likes everything about Blissey, yet I try to avoid using Skarmbliss.

I generally hate the designes of the dragon trio and Tyranitar. However recently I've been staring at Garchomp and trying to decide if I actually do like it or not.

I used to dislike Metagross because I thought it was too powerful. I also didn't like the way Gyarados looked. Those things changed for some reason.
I don't like Alakazam or Gengar, so a lot of my special sweeping choices have been limited.

I am curious, since I have an extreme bias towards certain pokemon (useless as they may be) if anyone else has excluded useful pokemon from a team because you simply can't stand them.
Blissey, if anything. Mainly because I'm not a fan of just sponging hits. I had a fairly successful CM Bliss that I thought was pretty cool though.
Bologo said:
Adversely, have you used a pokemon that you hate to find success with it and then start liking it based on performance?
There have been multiple pokemon I've tried on a whim and found remarkably useful. Forretress and Mismagius in particular come to mind, but there're plenty of others.
Is there a pokemon that you have started disliking because of an inherant shittyness that comes with it, even if you liked it for a long time?
Claydol can just go die.
I guess the last question here would be is there a pokemon on a team that is simply dead weight that you just like using simply cause you like it?
I do this a lot with Ambipom, actually. It's not totally dead weight, but usually there's a better option that I ignore because I like Ambipom.

I almost never use powerhouses like Garchomp, Blissey, etc. It's not like I hate the Pokemon just because everyone else uses them, but I use others because I want people to see the full potential of the world of Pokemon instead of just sticking to the same pool or 20 or so.

I don't really hate any Pokemon, but I've come to like Electrode and Drapion more recently. Drapion's actually the centerpiece of my team now.

While Gallade is still one of my favorites, he does sure seem to get 2HKO'd a lot.

While far from being dead weight, my team is a little suboptimal due to the inclusion of Meganium. But, well, I love the little bugger, so I'm not replacing him. He's just so darn cute. How can you say no to that cheery face and that carefree gait?

I am curious, since I have an extreme bias towards certain pokemon (useless as they may be) if anyone else has excluded useful pokemon from a team because you simply can't stand them. (My answers are in bold).
None, as long as their performance is good, then it's really not a problem. I do feel a bit dirty using Blissey and Togekiss though.

Garchomp, first thought it was overhyped, but it really kills a lot of stuff.

Non-Spec'ed Lucario, thought it would be good to hit pretty much everything, but it does need the Specs power sometimes.

Roserade without Leaf Storm. Tried it, died everytime I used it.

Yah. I know some people say "you shouldn't be in competitive battling if you feel this way, etc." but I can't help it. Some of these look so damn stupid or some are too gay for me to use. T-tar, Metagross, Celebi, Probopass, Swalot and 2/3 of OU right now. I used to like Swampert a lot and then I found everybody jumping on its dick, and my interest went down...

Some of them I just never really paid attention to. Not really hate to find success with it, but I liked them a lot more after battling with them. Snorlax, Weezing, Slowbro and others.

I still like them, I just don't think of them that much now. Dewgong, Rapidash, Pidgeot. ;_;

Ninetales, kinda. It's helped me out in some situations, but I think other stuff would've been more useful in other situations. It's my favorite, so I'm biased.

Heck ya, Blissey, Skarmory, and Cresselia. IMO, all of them suck and can't hurt much without hax.

Quite a few on my new team. I have never really hated to find them successful, but never really liked them either until now. Roselia, Slowbro, Cradily, and Scizor.

Yeah, on my first Shoddy team, I was hyped to use Togekiss and Rhyperior. I surprised myself by winning my very first battle on Shoddy, but Togekiss felt like dead weight and Rhyperior wasn't as good as I thought he would be.

No, I usually get rid of them right after I realize that they are dead weight.

Only Blissey and Rhyperior because they are fugly. It doesn't really matter much though as I can work round these. It helps when your favourite pokes are things like Metagross, T-tar, Salamence, Starmie, Gyara, etc.

Not really. I don't bother using pokes I don't like when there are so many good ones I do.

When I first saw Dusknoir I thought it would be awesome and told myself I'd use one. Since then it's just underachieved every time I've tried to use it, and seeing as my teams don't set up enough spikes to bother blocking spin I've just given up on it.

No. Why would I do something like that? If it's a poke I feel I have to use then I'll make another team that it fits in better.

1) agh, Blissey is fucking gay. I can't stand the thing. Weavile and Garchomp are so rediculously overused it's not even funny. Ever done the WiFi battle tower? THEYRE ALL YOU SEE AND ALL YOU WILL BE SEEING. It's like Jesus.
2) Bronzong. Gyro Ball is just win.
3) My poor Flareon. She didn't even get Flare Blitz.
4) Kabutops. He doesn't really help all that much even after I get a Rain Dance in, but his sprites own.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I always try to build my team around a pokemon I really like, or one that isn't used too often. In ADV it was usually something that excelled at a certain thing or was a little hard to deal with using a standard team - Jynx, Charizard, Tentacruel... Things like that.

I did find that I developed a liking for pokemon more and more when they were useful in battle. I used to hate Salamence and Metagross, but then when I started playing ADV properly I realised that they were so awesome and could sweep easily.

I don't think I could ever use Skarmory or Blissey. They really don't even seem that good to me. They seem to get 1hko pretty easily.

I think this might happen if I used Gengar over Mismagius, but hasn't yet!

Blaziken, I swear I can never really even get a single thing in. I usually just switch into really unlucky situations though so far. I think I must be really predictable, I've switched into about 6-7 Psychics..[the move not type ;) ]

I would refuse to admit it even if it was true.

Spinda, but it's obvious why I don't use it. It's NU and will never be useful.

Kabutops.

Exeggutor. The fact that I started breeding boxes of Timid Exeggcutes before I realised that it is outclassed by Roserade put me off it.

I dunno, the only one I can think of is sometimes Drifblim.

Roserade without Leaf Storm. Tried it, died everytime I used it.
The Roserade that I use doesn't even have Grass STAB and still works really well through the element of surprise.

1. blissey, skarm, garchomp, salamence
2. Lickilicky and Slaking
3. Psyduck.
4. I don't really have deadweight pokemon, all the pokemon I like (slowbro, infernape and weavile I somehow incorparate them into my team) Though I'd have to say, I'll always have a spot for charizard.

I have never once used Metagross. This is evidenced by the fact that I actually have no idea what Metagross's backsprite looks like in either Advance or D/P.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Not really though I hate having to use Blissey...

Blissey. Its ugly, I hate it but it works wonders.

I have one hell of a time trying to get Porygon Z into play, so i stopped using him.

I use this support weezing, with WoW, pain split, haze and explosion. All he ever does it explode in peoples faces to get rid of pokes that I can't handle (blissey, which is a bit of a probalem :S)

theres my answers.

1. Blaziken (The reason I almost skipped the 3rd generation was because he looked so incredibly stupid)
2. No
3. Scizor (Doesn't suck but has no place on my team)
4. Steelix

i hate to use really overused pokes like Blissey, Skarmory and Garchomp.
i sometimes use Ambipom and Espeon just because i like em

well i hate cresslia with a passion, but i use it because i have a new found love for reflect and grass knot :)

also, i loved rhydon in third gen, but then rhyperior came along... he is fugly just like your momma, and is just plain horrible this gen. damn you nintendo for ruining rhydon.

well i hate cresslia with a passion, but i use it because i have a new found love for reflect and grass knot :)

also, i loved rhydon in third gen, but then rhyperior came along... he is fugly just like your momma, and is just plain horrible this gen. damn you nintendo for ruining rhydon.
How did Ryhperior ruin rhydon? You can still use rhydon if you like rock head so much. If you don't think its huge stat gains make up for its looks, use rhydon.

I like all pokemon, but I don't use ones that I feel are cheap or rely on hax.

I make new shoddy teams to try different things.
If I did hate a poke, I wouldn't use it

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hypno. A popular UU special wall, and going over my options for my TR team, I had no other choice. >_> I haven't played it as good as I could, because I hate it so much. .________. And guess what? My Wi-fi breaks down the day before I see a thread on Smogon advertising a LEGIT Wish Drowsee with the perfect nature....and there's little hope I'll ever get it back up.... ;________;

Well I don't like to use Skarmory or Blissey...
so I don't. I do, however, hate Jirachi with a passion...but I still use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)