Dont stop reading after you see the lead

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
This team has gotten me a rating of nearly 1200 (maxing out at 1197), which is very good for some who goes by Climmy The Noob Cat (Don't ask... just don't) and I believe it could be improved.

Level 1 Taillow (F.E.A.R.)
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Brave
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA

Moves
-Endeavor
-Protect
-Toxic
-Whirlwind

I know what you're thinking, but as a lead this mostly gets opponents to under 10% health, mostly. Due to Scrappy Taillow can hit Ghost types, and due to People not knowing that Taillow has scrappy they usually switch in their ghost types. Protect is for the rare Pokemon with Fake Out, Toxic is more powerful than Quick Attack (which I never used due to leftovers) and Whirlwind is there if the opponent sets up. I wouldn't be suprised if someone (or nearly everyone) recommends I replace this guy and says it's #338 in usage for a reason

Haxorus (Johny)
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 16 Hp/252 Atk/240 Spe

Moves
-Outrage
-Dual Chop
-Earthquake
-Brick Break

The way I use this guy is simple. If the opponent has a Steel type I don't use Outrage. If they don't have a Steel Type I use Outrage. Also, It's funny how many attacks don't OHKO him, and some of those are Ice type attacks.

Magnezone (00101010)
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 152 Hp/180 SpA/176 Spe
IVs: 31 Hp/2 Atk/31 Def/30 SpA/31 SpD/30 Spe

Moves
-Thunderbolt
-Charge Beam
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Substitute

There are 2 reasons I use this guy. First, a ton of Steel types are annoying and it's good to have a Pokemon that can and will kill them. Second, I'm using Haxorus, but it's mostly the first reason. The EVs allow Magnezone to outspeed Skarmory and have his subs endure 2 Power Whips from Ferrothorn. I'm considering using less speed because I don't care if Magnezone outspeed Skarmory.

Gengar (Mr. Smiley)
EVs: 4 Hp/252 SpA/252 Spe

Moves
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Substitute
-Disable

Do I need a description for this guy? People hate him and I can tell he knows it when I look at him (He's so happy and I've had people comment about how "suitable" his name is) There is a ton of stuff that only has 2 attacks and can only hit Gengar with one or is slower and choiced, but mostly the former, and Gengar has disable, so he gets a free sub.

Gyardos (Derp Fish?)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 Hp/248 Atk/204 Spe

Moves
-Waterfall
-Bounce
-Dragon Dance
-Subsitute

Gyrados replaced Focus Sash Alakazam. He was the only thing that game me hope against Double Dance Terrakion and other things with speed boosts. At least Gyrados can get multiple KOs per battle. Also I liked Gyrados when I was testing him and that's when I forgot to give him an Adamant Nature. Substitute is awesome enough without Intimidate, but when they're combined, thanks for using a physical attacker that I can Sub on. :D (thanks Articblast for the suggestion)

Wobbuffet (Payback)
Nature: Calm
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 32 Hp/224 Def/252 SpD

Moves
-Counter
-Mirror Coat
-Encore
-Destiny Bond

2 People asked me "Isn't he Uber" (That may help explain the 0.8% Usage) Thanks to the Encore Nerf, he's BL, but she is still awesome. Pokemon that have moves other than attacks get encored, and every other Pokemon that isn't named Tyranitar gets revenge killed. Safeguard was used less than Alakazam's HP Fire and on a team with Magnezone, that's saying something, so I didn't need much convincing to change it to the slightly more used Destiny Bond..

Overall, I the biggest flaw I see is there's weaknesses to Double Dance Terrakion and Scarf Landorus, but it's mostly a solidish team. Especially for one with no Pokemon with over 10% Usage two of which are under 1%

The Team at a Glance

CTNC

I will do a good rate tomorrow, but I can say pursuit wrecks your two special sweepers change that.
Strangely I haven't seen Pursuit used Much, and I believe that most Pokemon that use Pursuit Don't like Focus Blast. I'll keep that advise in mine though.

Strangely I haven't seen Pursuit used Much, and I believe that most Pokemon that use Pursuit Don't like Focus Blast. I'll keep that advise in mine though.
Yeah, Tyranitar hates Focus Blast, and Scizor locked in Pursuit will be killed by Magnezone, letting Haxorus wreck stuff.

I think you should change your Magnezone set to this one:

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 152 HP / 180 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Instead of simply killing Steel-types, this set allows Magnezone to Set up on them and try to sweep. This Ev spread allows you to outspeed Skarmory and take 2 Power Whips from Ferrothorn without breaking the Substitute.

If Hidden Power is a filler on Alakazam, you could try Charge Beam to get a SpA boost while Revenge Killing.

I'd also replace Safeguard on Wobbufet with Destiny Bond. Alakazam already absorbs Burn and Poison, and having an opportunity to take down 2 Pokémons with you is too good to waste,

I have nothing else to suggest, nice team ;).

CTNC

Yeah, Tyranitar hates Focus Blast, and Scizor locked in Pursuit will be killed by Magnezone, letting Haxorus wreck stuff.

I think you should change your Magnezone set to this one:

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 152 HP / 180 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Thunder This is not a Rain Team
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Instead of simply killing Steel-types, this set allows Magnezone to Set up on them and try to sweep. This Ev spread allows you to outspeed Skarmory and take 2 Power Whips from Ferrothorn without breaking the Substitute. I will try this.

If Hidden Power is a filler on Alakazam, you could try Charge Beam to get a SpA boost while Revenge Killing. I'd rather not use an accuracy 90 Move because it's Zam.

I'd also replace Safeguard on Wobbufet with Destiny Bond. Alakazam already absorbs Burn and Poison, and having an opportunity to take down 2 Pokémon with you is too good to waste, I don't see me using that with a base 33 Speed either but why not?

I have nothing else to suggest, nice team ;). Realy? No problem with Taillow? Didn't expect that.
I will edit the first post after I test Subcharge Zone and DBond Wobbuffet. Thanks. :D

kay as promised here is my rate:
i understand taillow is an important part of your team so i wont suggest to change it, but alakazam needs to have full speed, the extra hp isnt helping it live any extra hits. another issue, is that two sweepers are weak to scizor the most common pokemon in the metagame, switching to magnezone is an issue as they can pursuit on the switch or superpower to kill magenzone, to remedy this substitute> hp fire on alakazam this allows it to freely switch out of scizor and allows you to have perfect ivs, hp fire isn't necessary as focus blast hits most relevant threats harder

Wow, after testing this team, it is very good. Was not expecting that.

However, definitely try Modest over Timid on Alakazam, along with HP[ice].. has worked a lot better for me.

Also, this team is very weak to baton pass.

EDIT: Modest vs Timid has benefits both ways. But HPice is great.

CTNC

kay as promised here is my rate:
i understand taillow is an important part of your team so i wont suggest to change it It's not that important... It's just a filler that usually gets 1 near KO per match, but alakazam needs to have full speed, I don't see any reason why other than Dugtrio and not even that with 30 Spe IVs the extra hp isnt helping it live any extra hits. lol another issue, is that two sweepers are weak to scizor the most common pokemon in the metagame, switching to magnezone is an issue as they can pursuit on the switch or superpower to kill magenzone, to remedy this substitute> hp fire on alakazam The way I use Zam, he's not going to use Sub so I'm trying tanakattack's suggestion of HP Ice this allows it to freely switch out of scizor and allows you to have perfect ivs, hp fire isn't necessary as focus blast hits most relevant threats harder
Edit at Below: I love Zam and he gets a KO about as much as Taillow gets a Pokemon to under 12 Hp (before leftovers) but I will try out SubDance Gyarados with Intimidate.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey CTNC.

This is a pretty nice team, but it has its flaws. Namely, using Alakazam and Gengar on the same team. They're both great Pokemon in their own right, but they're pretty much countered by the same Pokemon. Since you only have one physical sweeper, I'm going to suggest using a Gyarados over Alakazam. Gyarados is an excellent Pokemon that becomes incredibly powerful after a Dragon Dance or two. There are two routes that you can go with Gyarados - offensive or defensive. Heck, sometimes you can even mix the two. In my opinion, the best set for this team would be Sub+DD Gyarados. This Gyarados provides good bulk with Dragon Dance, with Substitute to avoid status that would otherwise cripple you. Both of Gyarados's abilities are viable on this set - Intimidate allows it to set up more easily and support the team in a pinch, while Moxie allows it to accumulate boosts as it KOs opposing Pokemon.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
Intimidate / Moxie
56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Bounce / Stone Edge

If this set doesn't work out for you, Gyarados's analysis can be found here, so you can experiment with the many different roles it can perform.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)