Don'tcha hate it when this happens?

[Preemptive note: I'm not looking for pity or attention, I just need a place to vent this bullshit.]

March 23: I pick up my pre-ordered and patiently waited-for copy of Platinum. Much joy abounds.

March 24: I play Platinum. Catch three Starlys for the hell of it, use them to beat the shit out of blonde ADHD boy on several occasions.

Marsh 25: Discover the Pokemon Plaza or whatever it's called, the pointless place with the tap toys. Fuck around there for a little while.

March 26: Come home, DS (along with Platinum) is not there. Also missing are Diamond, all my other non-pokemon games, the laptop on which I have EVERYTHING, pokemon-related and otherwise, and all the money not hidden in my secret money-stash chocolate box. (And virtually nothing belonging to anyone else in the family.)

We call the police, who send a man who's shift is ending soon and shows it. He asks questions, we tell him we suspect our neighbors across the street, he tries to call in a detective and finally succeeds after about 20 minutes. This entire time one of the hoodlums living at the house across the street is staring at the polce car in front of our house.
The detective finally arrives, also clearly disinterested in the case, asks some questions, dusts for fingerprints and takes mine, then tells us he'll file the report Monday and leaves. The police officer finally goes across the street to question the neighbor boy, who gives him a story about a "dark-skinned man with a mustache" going into our house and leaving 10 minutes later. Why didn't he call the police? Didn't have a phone, of course.
The policeman comes back to our house, talks with us some more, and meanwhile the neighbors det in their car and driveaway. The policeman leaves.

Great sizzling donkeyfuck.

So who else has pokemon-related burglary stories?

Actually, I happen to have a similar story.

Back in elementary school, in the early days of the Pokemon trading cards, everyone had them, brought them, battled them. Everything was going fine until a sort of "mass card-stealing" occured. It seemed that, all of a sudden, people wanted that Charizard so badly that they had to take it from someone else who wasn't paying attention, rather than continue buying the cards from stores. I personally had several cards stolen, most notably a Vaporeon.

The problem actually got worse and worse. Soon the known theives (you know the guys I'm talking about, the people that everybody knows did it except the teachers) started selling stolen cards to people at before school, after school, at lunchtimes, and even during class. Pretty soon they were banned from the school altogether (though the stealing still occured right under everyone's noses). Eventually, the problem got so bad that stores even stopped stocking them. Last time I checked (years ago), there was only one little comic-book store in the whole city that had them.

I had a friend of mine get his SP+Emerald stolen at a McDonalds. Apparently he set it down for a second, and, BAM. Gone.

Hydro_Flame: That sucks, man. I sincerely hope they figure it out. Keep us informed.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ouch, that's hard to deal with for sure... I have a somewhat odd situation I got myself in about 5 years ago. This older kid stole my Sapphire version and hid it in his friend's house, who was a sex offender... I was lucky and eventually managed to get it back but it was a scary time, since those people probably would have done something to me if the police didn't get involved for something else around the same time.

That is ridiculously unlucky, I am thinking about ordering my copy of Platinum today online thanks to another smogon user who made a topic about it and got the topic locked for posting it in the wrong place, though that is neither here nor there. In any case, I would be unhappy if the day I got it my apartment was robbed or something, not only because of platinum but my computer and other important things like 4 video game systems, probably my gold medal and other stuff, I'd be pissed. Also, sounds like you got the full effect of the good ole' law enforcement, not doing their jobs and probably being corrupt. It wouldnt surprise me if the officer went to you neighbor and said hey if you give me the DS and platinum we'll make sure you dont get in trouble, pocketed the ds and went home and beat the game himself.

Something similar happened to me although it isn't pokemon related. My mom and I were driving to the mall, when we arrived I decided to put my ds in the glove department. When we began approaching the car, ready to leave, I saw a small umbrella outside the car that we keep in the glove department, I thought nothing of it, I must have kicked it out accidentally, because I was sure we locked the car. I go to get my ds, and its not there, so I check the rest of the car and around the car, and no there either. Turns out that i was in the act of closing my door when my mom locked it, and so it didnt lock.

Psycho: Something like this is such a nonpriority for law enforcement. I had my car broken into and $500 of damages in vandalism (had the back windsheild smashed out entirely, etc). Two seperate things about a month apart- I reported both to police and they told me the odds of anything coming of it is zero. Short of the people coming in to admit they did it, the police really don't have much to go on. Sometimes crime really does pay.

check your parents homeowners insurance.

you can very likely get the money to replace everything that was jacked.

and maybe a little more if you have no conscience.

<.<
>.>

I LOST MY SHINY PIDGEY

but seriously I stole a kid's shiny haunter at an event once (he was trying to evolve it and I traded him a bidoof what a fuckwit)

And my cousin stole my Pokemon Snap though I have no evidence to prove it. I think he sold it.

Psycho: Something like this is such a nonpriority for law enforcement. I had my car broken into and $500 of damages in vandalism (had the back windsheild smashed out entirely, etc). Two seperate things about a month apart- I reported both to police and they told me the odds of anything coming of it is zero. Short of the people coming in to admit they did it, the police really don't have much to go on. Sometimes crime really does pay.
I realize that it is a nonpriority but it is still annoying because every single person helps pay their salaries in a round about way so for them to be that way is very unfair.

I remember in 5th grade some guy stole my Pokemon Yellow. I was so friken scared that I went to the office and I wrote up an entire announcement so they can tell the whole school if they've seen a Pokemon Yellow game.

Turns out it was hidden under my hat on top of my hanger. -_-

@Carp: Yeah, I'll update if anything happens.

@Psycho: Oh God, you're probably right xD

@Morm/Psycho: Yeah, the detective did mention how they've got to deal with murders and rapes and whatnot first.

...BUT THIS IS PLATINUM VERSION HERE, THIS IS IMPORTANT! D:

@Deschain: We did, and we added up the estimated value of the items to be around $1000, but we've got a $500 deductible. -_-
Though, assuming we don't get any of the items back, it would be enough to get another DS, Plat and Diamond, and an a/c adapter (and/or battery that will actually retain a charge for >.0001 seconds) for my dad's laptop (whose battery lasts <.0001 seconds). So, all in all, I could be back up to speed within a few weeks. The only really valuable pokemon I had on either of the games were TRU regigigas and a 30/?/31/?/31/? calm Eevee, since I've been spending a lot more time preparing for breeding/chaining/SRing than actually doing any of it, so all in all, I guess things aren't as bad as I originally made out. =/

...why all this ended up in direct reply to your post, I'm not totally sure. :V

@Teran17's deleted, but quoted post: I was concerned for a while that I would get a lot of replies like this (and thankfully I haven't), but it is true that things like this do happen, and we often have no choice but to deal with them. So thank you for the reality check.

However, the unnecesary comma kind of kills it. :(

@Thorns: OMFG YOU MUST SECRETLY BE PRT OF TEAM GAL@CTIC!!!!11! STAY AWAY FROM MY PIKACHU!! D8<

I never played pokemon snap much, but I think I liked it. Much grievanceness for your loss. :(

@Fuzz: Wow, your school actually let you make an announcement like that? Lucky. :c

@Everyone else: Thanks you for your condolences, and my sympathy goes out to those who have also been victims of pokemon-related crime.

Fortunately, I still have Sapphire, FireRed, Coloseum (they didn't touch the wii or any games, or desktop computers for that matter o_O), XD, Emerald, and a GBASP, so at least I'm not completely pokemon-less. I guess I'll use this time as an opportunity to abuse Emerald's RNG. :D (And perhaps work on my drawing or, godforbid... HOMEWORK!!! D8)

...erm, I feel like I ought to have some sort of conclusion sentence or something now...

Sorry to hear about this, it sucks really bad. There are actually thieves in this neighborhood somewhere who have stolen a Wii, a DS, two electric guitars, and a bag of fancy golf clubs from my neighbor, so this thread is making me paranoid. =(

Hopefully you can get this resolved and either get your things back or get reimbursed somehow. Or find cheap gaming stuff online. Or have a birthday coming up. >.>

@Carp: Yeah, I'll update if anything happens.

@Psycho: Oh God, you're probably right xD

@Morm/Psycho: Yeah, the detective did mention how they've got to deal with murders and rapes and whatnot first.

...BUT THIS IS PLATINUM VERSION HERE, THIS IS IMPORTANT! D:

Fortunately, I still have Sapphire, FireRed, Coloseum (they didn't touch the wii or any games, or desktop computers for that matter o_O), XD, Emerald, and a GBASP, so at least I'm not completely pokemon-less. I guess I'll use this time as an opportunity to abuse Emerald's RNG. :D (And perhaps work on my drawing or, godforbid... HOMEWORK!!! D8)

...erm, I feel like I ought to have some sort of conclusion sentence or something now...
Haha I try, but seriously, wouldnt surprise me if he returns it to you next week and says he found it outside your house or something forgetting to clear the game pack!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)