Double Dragon! RMT

Hi everyone! I finally think I have an okay-ish team name. Finaly...

Anyways, this is my 8th attempt at doing okay in 5th generation. Now I finally think I've got it! I actually based this team around Nidoking after seeing that LO + Encourage thread, and it works fine. However, he isn't exactly the star. One would wonder what dragons I'm talking about. One obviously has to be Dragonite. The other one though, is a very unexpected threat that if handled right can dent teams very efficiently. That Poke is Kurimugan. But he isn't the star either. The real star is Dragonite (suprisingly). Every time I accidentally go on the Uber tier, he is the one that did everything. I've been in Ubers accidentally so many times now that it isn't funny, and almost every time, all my Pokemon die other than DNite, and I end up sweeping their whole team. I've once set up on Latias! My other 3 Pokes consist of a LeadGross who works better than one would think, a Shandera because....this IS fifth generation. Roobushin is my least favorite Pokemon ever, yet the role had to be filled with what once was Breloom. This team isn't very out of the ordinary, but it is very fun to use. Well, here's the team.

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- ThunderPunch
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

This lead does pretty well. It isn't very odd in any way. You either set up rocks, or kill the lead. Even Zorark dosen't stand a chance. Whenever I see Politoed, I TPunch, then set up rocks. It makes it a lot easier to kill later on, and it may even end up set up bait. On the other hand, Ninetales is something that usually dosen't stay in, but if it does than immediately EQ it. Setting up rocks is really handy against sun teams, but it isn't as important as killing Ninetales. Many leads really don't stand a chance, and if they do then Dragonite will most likely set up on it.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Encourage
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Nidoking is helpful late game for finishing off any walls. He gets amazing coverage, and almost always nets a kill. Earth Power is amazingly powerful, and everything else is as it hits almost everything super effectively. Since nothing else on my team can, he helps by taking almost any status (Shandera takes burns). A problem with him is anything being faster than him, because that usually means death to him or I will have to switch something in. There really isn't much to explain on this set.

Roobushin (M) @ Black Belt
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Bulk Up

I hate Roobushin with all my heart, but he is better than Breloom. This is your everyday Bulk Up set, except without Guts and LO. Iron Fist and Black Belt just add power without damaging him, because I need him to be balanced in his power and bulk. Drain Punch is very handy against walls, and Payback kills Shandera. Mach Punch is always the most useful move, killing many speedy threats. He is the new Scizor of this gen. Bulk Up is probably the best set he has (maybe the CB set), so not much else could replace him.

Shandera (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Yeah yeah, Scarf Shandera. But with psychic. Although I already have 3 fighting resists, Roobushin is still annoying and Psychic is the only thing to kill it. Energy Ball does something to those water types, but it seems like it dosen't do enough. I don't really think I need to explain much here. Along with Nidoking, I have the 3 common statuses covered.

Dragonite (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multi-Scale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

This is one of the best things Game Freak has ever done; Multi-Scale. The only way I could set up on that Latias. Get up one DDance and many teams are in danger, considering that Ice Shard isn't around much anymore. Again, there isn't much to explain. I wanted as much power as I could get, and I wanted lots of recovery to re-use Multi-Scale. Skarmory and Bronzong aren't around anymore (I still have Shandera anyway...), so sweeping with Dragon/Ground is ever so easy. Uber teams are so weak to this, and it also goes for OU.

(Lol doing the monkey)

Kurimugan (M) @ Rugged Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute
- Outrage
- Superpower

You could call him my back up. I have Bullet Punch and Mach Punch, but since Kurimugan is so underused, nobody suspects the Sucker Punch. If you get up a sub, you're the man in this battle. You get perfect coverage (Dark + Fighting...and Dragon + Fighting), and you have amazing attack. Another thing that helps a lot is the fact that you can damage just by getting hit. Rough Skin + Rugged Helmet is really quite useful. Everyone who fights him thinks he's dark type (wonder why), so I often get Hi Jump Kicked or Mach Punched. Special attacks aren't used on him much, actually. Therefore, if you don't attack, you'll still end up damaging the opponent.

That's my team. It isn't one of those teams that is way high up in rank, but it is above average (and it brought me to the sixth page in DW Ubers...) and that's what matters to me.

Threats:

-Coming Soon-

Scarf Abomasnow easily crushes your team once shandera and metagross is out.

Gliscor (though I haven't seen much) does a number too. Depending on the set, kurimugan is the only definite survivor from a powerfully used gliscor. In addition, defensive gliscors may not take enough damage from kurimugan and could go guessing with you through roost as you sucker, or attack as you sub. Nidoking might seem like a counter, but if gliscor is fast, he can beat nidoking.

In my opinion, dragonite and shandera seem to hold the team together. Consider getting another ice-resist or another ice neutral.

Well, that's about it. I wouldn't go suggesting pokemon because I too, am getting adjusted to 5th gen. However, I like the way you use each pokemon. It's a great way to use their abilities, but it seems like 6 well-built pokemon thrown together trying to beat every type, but doesn't really stack well defensively against every type.

Hey thanks for the rate!

My answer to scarf abomasnow is mainly Roobushin (even though I've only seen him once).

Gliscor can be a problem, but usually I can weaken it down then kill it with Shan.

But I will need another ice resist, still trying to come up with an idea. I'm thinking about Nitro Charge Heatran, any ideas?

Just a little tip for the pure Dragon's EVs

252 HP works better than 252 Def as it actually lets you take both physical attacks and Sp. attacks better.

Fire example, an unboosted, LO Lucario's Close Combat will do at most 89% to 252 HP Kurimugan, while a 252 Def Kurimugan will take at most 94%.
The HP EVs also help you take random Boil Overs and Leaf Storms much better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)