Double Moth RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall View:

My Team is based around Bug Buzz Spam.
The tactik behind this, that each of the Bugs weaken ther counters, so that one of them can sweep the rest of the Team. All of them can set up, so the order didn´t really matter but its genesect most of the time. I played this Team only in Pokemon Showdown so far and my ranking is over 1800 with this Team.

I will edit some more stuff, like how i use them, what they do, calcs and weaknesses to this team and a detailed description of the roles of the Teammembers. Its quite late now i´ll do it later.

The Details:

Credits to http://purplekecleon.deviantart.com/art/Heatran-used-Earth-Power-189535139

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 248 HP / 8 Spd

Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Credits to http://ronald-san.deviantart.com/art/Volcarona-196892008

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Venomoth @ Life Orb
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Spd / 120 Def
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 168 SDef / 88 Def / 252 HP
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Genesect @ Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 SAtk / 248 Spd / 8 SDef
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rock Polish

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Your Pokemon are entirely lacking descriptions. If you don't add descriptions - a few lines in length should be fine - this thread will be locked.

A minor suggestion - I suggest that you use Baton Pass on Venomoth over Hidden Power Fire. Sleep Powder already beats everything that HP Fire does, and let's be honest - wouldn't Genesect, Heatran, Starmie or Volcarona LOVE a free +1 to their Speed and SPecial Attack?

Terrakion is going to give you serious headaches, specifically the Scarf and Rock Polish sets. Infernape will too. I'd suggest using Jellicent > Volcarona. It decently counters both.

Chople Ferrothorn is cool, but would really appreciate some form of HP recovery. It has the bulk and resistances to be able to come back from the brink more than once. I suggest either Leftovers or Leech Seed. Either will be better than none.

I've never liked bulky Starmie, but if it works for you that's fine. Other than that very unique team!

Okay, I just checked a type effectiveness chart (just to be sure), and bug buzz doesn't look like a great move to spam. It's resisted by six types and only hits three super effectively, and it has an underwhelming 90 BP. Just the fact that dragonspam is so great doesn't mean that you can apply the same theories to other types. Dragon is only resisted by one type, and has both a physical and a special move that top 100 BP.

Locking under Rule 3 of the Forum Guidelines. PM me with descriptions and this thread will get unlocked. Check out the RMT Archive and other open threads to see the kind of detail we look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)