Double Trouble

This is a Doubles Team. I know many people don't like Doubles which is really sad because Doubles opens up many, many more opportunities and stratigies for countless Pokemon.

Anyway, here is the first glance:

Type wise, this team is weak to very little. It also covers many types Offensively, and Mienshao can often stop a Pokemon from setting up against this team.

In depth:

Mienshao @ Focus Sash
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Naive
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- U-Turn

At first, Mienshao seems like an odd supporter due to it's low defences. However its high speed and fantastic movepool make up for it. Fake Out is amazing in Doubles. It shuts down a foe for 1 turn letting Salamence wreak havoc without the other opponent trying to hurt it. Taunt will shut down Trick Roomers trying to set up Trick Room which will hurt this team. This team is fast, but not super-fast, which is why Tailwind is a massive help to Metagross and Rotom-W as they can outspeed things lilke Heatran. U-Turn lets Mienshao escape safely into another teammember whilst also restoring some lost HP with Regenrator. Due to Mienshao's frailness, Focus Sash is provided to survive a hit at full HP. You may be wondering about the Nature? Well this is my HP Ice Mienshao, and I can't be bothered getting another one.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Rash
EVs: 100 Atk/176 Spa/ 232 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Salamence is designed to wreak havoc. You may notice this as the Classic MixMence set with a Double Battle suited twist. Instead of Brick Break, I use Earthquake to hit both opponents. Instead of Fire Blast, I use Heat Wave to also hit both opponents. Instead of Roost, Protect becuase it's a really great support move in Doubles. Intimidate is wonderful in Doubles becuase it hits both opponents, softening the blow from Physical Attacks such as Rock Slide. Draco Meteor coming from this behemoth holding a Life Orb is bound to hurt everything bar Steel Types.

Rotom-W @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 128 Spa/ 128 Def
- Hydro Pump
- Discharge
- Pain Split
- Protect

A Discharger who is immune to Earthquake? Zapdos adds more weakness to Ice, Thundurus is banned.... Eelektross is a good idea!! But Rotom-W is an even better idea!! Not only can it check Rain Teams, but is bulky and powerful. Hydro Pump and Discharge together are great coverage with Pain Split acting as a recovery move. Rotom-W works great with Flygon and Swampert as Rotom-W can Discharge all day without the other caring and the Earthquaker can Earthquake with Rotom-W not giving a damn. Lum Berry is used becuase I cannot think of a better item other than Leftovers, which is reserved for Swampert who will need it more. In case you haven't guessed, the tournament this team is being entered in has a 1 Item per-Pokemon rule.

Flygun @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Due to Flygon's typing and ability, it is immune to both Discharge and Earthquake, whilst resisting Rock Slide and Heat Wave, only suffering from Surf, Muddy Water and Blizzard. I made Flygun Banded becuase it lacks power, and it's speed is already boosted from Tailwind. Earthquake and Rock Slide hit both opponents, one of them being STAB. Dragon Claw is used over Outrage because in Doubles you can't choose what Outrage targets, which is a major let down.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Spa/ 252 Def
- Muddy Water
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Protect

Swampert's excellent synergy with the rest of the team makes it a great choice. Muddy Water Is used over Surf becuase it dosn't hit my teammate. Avalance is a good attack that hits Dragons and Gliscor whilst ususally hitting 130 BP due to Swampert's low Speed. Swampert also checks Sandstorm. It can wall whatever Tyranitar throws at it and hit it back with STAB Earthquake. Other threats like Landorus will have to try and avioid Avalanche to survive.

Metagross @ Air Balloon
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 128 HP/ 252 Atk/ 128 Spe
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Protect

Metagross works really well in Doubles, especially with team support. Clear Body allows it not to be affected by Intimidate, and Air Balloon lets it switch in whilst Salamence, Flygon or Swampert use Earthquake. In addition to boosted Speed from Tailwind and high Attack, this thing means business. Meteor Mash will damage alot of things that stand in the way, and Earthquake is to deal with non-levitating/flying Steel Types. Explosion may be nerfed, but it's still powerful, especially on Metagross. With the rest of the team carrying Protect (except Mienshao), Metagross can take out 2 opposing Pokemon as a last ditch effort to do damage when on low health.

And that does it:

Please give any comments, feedback, critacism, ect. That would be really appreciated as I put in alot of time in this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)