ORAS Doubles OU Doubles Aggro Balanced Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is my doubles comp. I'm just getting back into showdown, I got to rank 52 on doubles OU ladder pre ORAS. The core of how I build most doubles teams (based on experience and preference) are Mamoswine, Thundurus, and Latios.

Ms. Piggy (Mamoswine) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Usually one of my two opening pokemon, I enjoy using Mamoswine because of his bulk and damage. Having access to an AOE in Earthquake and Rock Slide helps cover some of the aggressive openers people run, as well as having priority in ice shard can OHKO Landorus-T and close other low health opponents as well.

Sparky (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Sludge Bomb

When I go into creating a team, I usually prioritize getting at least one fire, water, and grass/electric type pokemon. Because of the removal of Shaymin-Sky from the OU tier, I run Thundurus to fill that role. His prankster ability and STAB thunderbolt provide a solid presence on board, as well as a surprise factor with flash cannon and sludge bomb to to cover weaknesses throughout the rest of the team.

Aero (Latios) @ White Herb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

With his great special attack and speed, Latios comes out as my dragon sweeper. Because of the Sp. Atk reduction on Draco Meteor, I like to run white herb. Running ice beam is if my water type doesn't run an ice type move (mentioned further down) and the energy ball comes as a result of running an electric type pokemon.

Albino (Gengar) (M) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp

Gengar I chose as a mega because he worked with my core three pokemon as well as having an amazing will-o-wisp with his speed. I carry STAB moves as well, while also having AoE potential with Dazzling Gleam. I enjoy gengar, but I would say I rely less on my mega than some comps.

Leo (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Blaze Kick
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Fake Out

Infernape can also be subbed out for Heatran. Personally, I'm trying a team with a little more priority and balancing physical attack since I have so many special attackers already. Normally, I would run choice band and run a belly drum azumarill, but I enjoy having access to fake out.

Nesquik (Azumarill) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Azumarill can also be subbed out for Greninja. With his high amount of attack stat due to his ability, and good STAB moves, Azumarill fits into my comp quite nicely. Since I'm running knock off instead of an ice type move (as Greninja likely would), I have Latios cover this gap. A choice band aqua jet will do significant damage to any target (if not outright killing them), and the HP EVs will likely allow you to survive for another hit.

So what do you think? Let me know below, I'm always open to suggestions.

Hey,

Unfortunately I have to lock this thread, as you are lacking in the minimum 3 lines of descriptions of each of your Pokemon. I recommend you read our forums rules first and then proceed to PM me and updated version if you wish for me to unlock. That's all, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)