Doubles Battle Subway team

so an overview of the team is simply that Marowak and Gyarados have been my favourite pokemon since the GBA carts and are always my core in such things, helped greatly by the fact that they have good synergy together! anywho team details:

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: Hp 252 Atk 252 Spe 4
Nature:Adamant
~ bug bite
~ bullet punch
~ superpower
~ u-turn (now Aerial ace)

a fairly standard scizor set with choice band, u-turn has now been replaced with aerial ace 1. because Scizor is too slow for u-turn to be used well, in that if a fire type comes out he's not gonna be hanging around waiting for his turn which will never come as he'd be KO'd by the time that came! 2. my streak ended due to double team spam and i couldn't hit chansey in 9 turns so i made room for a move that doesn't miss and gets a technician boost so should help if i face the same situation again! Scizor is one of the leads so that he doesn't have to be move locked due to the choice band, he can switch out and come back later in the game if i need a revenge kill. Scizor, btw, became a choice on the team due to Marowak and Gyarados only common weakness being grass and to deal with the ice teams that just dont give Marowak a chance.

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: Atk 252 Spe 252 Hp 4
Nature: Jolly
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Ice fang
~ Protect
1 DD is enough of a boost to take out most opponents and intimidate is a great ability to have. and thanks to Marowak he almost has an immunity to electric attacks! the jolly nature outspeeds more than he should on the battle subway but i am breeding an adamant with hp investment Gyara at the moment to see how that effects my team but already it takes the cpu 3/4 hits to KO gyara with his sitrus berry and by then he's done them a lot of damage!

Marowak @ Thick club
Trait: Lightning rod
EVs: Hp 4 Atk 252 Spe 252
Nature: Jolly
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Fire punch
~ Protect

Marowak is a great support to Gyarados not only does Lightning rod take all electric moves including Thunderwave away from Gyarados but rock slide threats such as Tyranitar and Terrakion can be disposed of with a SE Earthquake. Gyaras immunity to Earthquake helps Marowak do some heavy damage himself but im not afraid to use protect every other move as he is the most frail member of the team. on the subject of that i am training a Jolly 140spe 118hp Marowak (http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=2786793) so that he can still outspeed base 70 and below threats like Tyranitar, Swampert, Metagross, Donphan and Scizor but have a decent amount of hp investment as well. adamant is possible but he already has an ATK of 264! hopefully i'll be back with a longer streak and let you know how that worked out for me!

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: Hp 252 Spa 252 Spe 4
Nature: Modest
~ Hydro-Pump
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow ball
~ Protect

So i needed a Pokemon which gave out special attacks, could defeat the water types that Gyara can stand against but not really beat and if it could fly or levitate for Maro that would be perfect for the team ...and so Rotom-w was born! The fact as well that he has notoriously perfect synergy with Scizor as well makes it even more of a no-brainer. Quite a standard set but i went with shadow ball to have something SE against ghost and psy types and has 10 more bp than hidden power if all i got is neutral moves. hp grass is another option that i'm looking at for all the water/ground dual types on the subway.

which moves me nicely onto the team summary, the teams which consist of only water/ground dual types (cant remember who it was but there was 1) are hardest as they can be powered through with bug bite, DD boosted ice fang and hydro pump but i have nothing SE against them and i am taking a chance a bit, the only saving grace is that they don't hit back very hard so as long as i don't let Swampert get too many curses off then Gyara and Rotom wall their attacks and eventually over power them. otherwise "hax" teams that paralyse me or double team / minimize spam can troll me. paralysis isn't a major worry i can usually predict thunderwave and get Marowak out so i only get paralysis from a secondary effect off a move. double team has been a problem and ended my run which is why i now have Aerial Ace on Scizor. Whilst people may think y not replace Marowak with Garchomp the point is that i wanted to use Marowak and Gyarados as effectively as possible, and Lightning rod gives Gyara protection, almost every battle, more than Garchomp could. trick room is an option as none of my mon have blistering speed but then who to replace for the TR user?!

Marowak is simply not good w/o TR. You may wan to consider switching that for a different Ground type, maybe Mamoswine, which would also give you Ice coverage.

Marowak is simply not good w/o TR. You may wan to consider switching that for a different Ground type, maybe Mamoswine, which would also give you Ice coverage.
in vgc u'd prob be right but Marowak holds his own better in the battle subway then he does in vgc and the nature and speed EV's iv given him allows him to outspeed a lot of threats in particular those that carry rockslide which along with lightning rod, give Gyara immense protection and opportunity to set-up and sweep. i do agree that mamoswines ice shard is a move any team would be happy with on their side but since Gyara has ice fang i do have an ice move on the field anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)