DPPt Anti-Lead Shaymin

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://ds.rothion.com/images/dp/shaymin.png

LeadMin

By Lumin

Shaymin’s bulk and small yet effective movepool make it a perfectly capable lead in today’s metagame. Let’s have a closer look :

LeadMin@Life Orb
Modest Nature (-Atk, +Sp Atk)
EVs : 16 HP/252 Sp Atk/240 Spd
IVs :10 AtK/ 30 Def

-Seed Flare
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Quick Attack

Although this set looks like a gimmicky version of the Sweeping Shaymin set, it can be a really powerful anti-lead.
To prove the incredible effectiveness of this set, i will show you how it does against common leads in the OU metagame :

Azelf : Seed Flare and Quick Attack to break the sash and then bypass it’s great speed. Fire Blast from a standard lead Azelf will never OHKO and will usually leave Shaymin with enough health to survive the 10% recoil from Life Orb.

Aerodactyl : Seed Flare to break the sash and Quick Attack to finish it.

Mamoswine : Seed Flare and Quick Attack to finish sashed versions. Follow only step one if they aren’t.

Swampert : Does I really have to say what happens?

Hippowdon : Read Swampert.

Tyrannitar : Seed Flare OHKOes unless they invest loads of EVs in Sp Def.
Gliscor : HP Ice easily OHKOes.

Lucario : Earth Power OHKOes, and if sashed you can easily finish it with Quick Attack as Close Combat never KO Shaymin and since most of Lucarios are Adamant, even Extremespeed will hit after Quick Attack.

Weavile : Seed Flare and Quick Attack work since Fake Out followed by Ice Punch will never KO unless Weavile is Adamant.

Gyarados : Seed Flare 2HKOes and absolutely no move barring the unreliable Bounce from Gyara can hope to dent Shaymin.

Metagross : Earth Power 2HKOes.

Jirachi : Earth Power 2HKOes. Trick leads aren’t much of a problem since Shaymin can become an effective revenge killer with a scarf.

Breloom : Scarfed leads becomes sitting ducks after using Spore, which Shaymin can ignore with Natural Cure. If they hold any other item, Shaymin outspeeds and KOes with HP Ice.

Roserade : Quick Attack to break their sash as thy sleep you, then switch to anything that can OHKO it.

Smeargle : Outspeeds and break their sash with any Attack, switch out when they Spore you to bring any poke that can outspeed and KO.

Machamp : Seed Flare easily 2HKOes but if the confusion hits, you’re doomed.

Starmie : Seed Flare OHKOes and a Modest Life Orb Ice Beam can only manage to do a max of 85% damage to Shaymin.

Dragonite : Shaymin outspeeds and OHKO with HP Ice. Extreme doesn’t OHKO even with a critical hit.

Empoleon : Earth Power 2hKOes. Ice Beam followed by Aqua Jet will never KO.

Milotic : Seed Flare OHKOes.

Problematic Leads

Infernape : Any fire attack OHKOes Shaymin but if you’re ballsy, you can try to Earth Power as they Stealth Rock or miss their Fire Blast.

Bronzong : The sturdy bell is barely touched by any of Shaymin’s move. Switch out.

Heatran : Shaymin is OHKOed by a fire move, but can outspeed and OHKO with Earth Power if they aren’t holdind a Shuca Berry or Choice Scarf.

Abomasnow : Although rare, Shaymin has a high difficulty dealind with it as bulky versions are only sighly hurt by HP Ice and can OHKO with Blizzard.

Moltres : Even if they are not commonly seen, they can totally rip Shaymin appart with their STAB moves.

Yanmega : See Moltres.

Ninjask : It can do huge damage to Shaymin with X-Scissor. Also, the little hedgehog can do nothing nothing to stop it getting its boosts (but who the hell can?!?).

Other Options

Occa Berry is the other option to deal with fire types, but the loss in power makes this choice not-so-good.

Focus Sash acts in a similar way to Occa Berry, but again the power lost is unnapreciable.

Grass Knot is an option over Seed Flare for the higher accuracy and PP, but you will loose the KOs against Azelf and Aerodactyl.

Timid is an option over Modest to ouspeed more threats, like neutral-natured base 110 and under, but the higher power from modest is usually preferable.

EVs and IVs

252 Sp Atk is for hitting the harder possible. 240 Spd evs is for outrunning base 85 with a positive nature. The rest is dumped into HP for more bulk.

Now you must ask : why the hell do you put only 10 IVs in Attack and use a negative nature in attack, while you have a physical attack?

Well, that perticular Shaymin needs every single of its stats, and a docile nature was out of question. First, when I started using this set, little Min was Rash natured, until I realised he couldn’t stand Azelf’s fiery blasts. And so I thought : Mmmm… QA is only used to break sashes, and so its power can be negligible.

So I started using a modest nature and it worked marvellous. 10 IVs in attack is the only legal IV with a modest nature I found since I didn’t want to lower any of Shaymin’s defenses.

So that’s it!

Why don’t you go out and try it yourself?:naughty:

Feel free to add any comments or tips!!!

Special thanks to Root for the advice on nature and IVs.

Lumin

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It's not a terrible idea, but if you provide some logs, and exact calculations proving your case people could evaluate it.
Not to mention, you need a full analysis, not just a list of what to do against common leads in todays metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)