DragGar - A Gen VI OU RMT

I've been in the competitive scene for almost a year now, getting into it during BW2, but I've never been... how should I put this... good. And so I turn to you, Smogon, for help in curing this terminal suck and becoming a decent battler.

Dragons are cool. This is a well-known fact. So back in BW2, I decided to base my team around them, using the DragMag strategy to relative success. In Gen VI, though, fairies are running amok, so in comes... Gengar. Being able to trap fairies and steel-types alike as well as utilizing a powerful Sludge Bomb, I thought it would be perfect for my team. So without further ado:

Doc (Skarmory) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

Just a suicide Custap Lead Skarm. Hazard support is so great with this team, and it also works well against almost any opposing lead with Taunt(Smeargle jumps to mind as a member of the 'almost'). I like Whirlwind because it allows me to blow away Pokemon who attempt to set up on me such as Cloyster and Aegislash.

Swagonite (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

Probably the MVP of my team, and an absolute powerhouse. I would love to have Extremespeed in place of Earthquake, but that'll have to wait until after Christmas. I use Lum Berry over Lefties because I find I have a hard time countering Rotom-W, and it allows me to shrug off a burn and respond back with an DD Outrage, as well as make devilishly easy sweeps once any Steel or Fairy-types have been mopped up.

Kitty (Garchomp) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge

Garchomp hits hard. Like, really hard. Not only that, but between EQ and Fire Fang he can deal with a lot of Steel-types on his own, as well as nabbing Togekiss with SE. These qualities earn him an easy spot on my team.

Cool Bro (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Ah, Specs Latios. Truly an engine of destruction. I used to have Hydreigon in its place, but I found that I just needed something... faster. And Latios is, if anything, that. HP Grass is also included despite the nerf to deal with Rotom-W.

Boo (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Trapper. Spinblocker. Special Sweeper. Mega Gengar can do it all, and do it all well. I'm considering putting on HP Fire for coverage, but I'm just not sure what I could take off for it.

Fred (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Another multipurpose Poke, serving as a special sweeper, spinner, and even status absorber. The sweeping part is probably most crucial to the team, as Dragonite needs a clear field to be effective. However, the coverage Starmie provides is of course greatly appreciated as well.

Well, there's my team. As I said I'm a relatively new competitive player, so I wouldn't know how to make up a threat list or anything like that. Any tips at all for my team would be much appreciated. Thanks, Smogoners!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)