ORAS OU Dragonite and Friends (Feedback please)

Dragonite has been a favorite of mine since 96. While I've been in and out of the game since then, so too has Dragonite been in and out of reliable usability. All the same I wanted to build a team that incorporated him. From him we will begin our team building.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
Moveset: Roost, Fire Punch, Dragon Claw, Extreme Speed

Adamant nature and EV spread lets Dragonite reach 403 attack and leaves him with substantial bulk with his access to multiscale. A proper read allows him to take most unboosted super effective hits while still remaining above half health, allowing him to roost it out and become an outrageously powerful sweeper. Dragon claw for STAB, Fire punch for bulky grass and steel types and extreme speed forgoes the terrible speed of this build and hits most things with neutral damage.

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Bold
IVs: 0 Atk
EVs: 252 HP, 80 Def, 176 SpDef
Moveset: Calm Mind, Slack Off, Scald, Psychic

Identical to the textbook calm mind slowbro with the exception of psychic over psyshock. I prefer psychic for the reduction in SpDef. This guy really speaks for himself. With an outrageous physical defense coupled with calm mind to make his special defense equally ridiculous he is bulky as can be. His SpAtk is already reasonable and after a couple calm minds he can scald most things into oblivion. I don't generally mega-evolve until most of the opposing team is gone or at the very least his threats. Sometimes it isn't necessary at all since regenerator provides so much free recovery and allows him to continue bouncing back from near defeat.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef
Moveset: Moonblast, Aromatherapy, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave

I needed a cleric who could remove the status threats from my sweepers and this set on Clefable fit the bill. I've found that calm nature with Def EV investment provides the best bulk for her purpose. Her physical Def tops out at 245 and SpDef hits 238. This with her high HP and leftovers make her terribly hard to simply shut down. She does it all. She clears status, sets rocks and cripples opposing threats with t-wave. Moonblast prevents her from being taunt locked. This pokemon has been a utility goldmine for this team.

Scizor Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpDef
Moveset: Defog, Bullet Punch, Superpower, Knock off

Scizor's primary purpose here is to allow me to defog the field. The HP investment assures that I'm able to do that. Bullet Punch is a most for any scizor, Superpower lets him kill other steel types and knock off provides further utility and wrecks ghost and psychic types. Life orb brings the pain. For his purpose I really like the set. Dragonite and Slowbro both dislike rocks as it destroys multiscale and nerfs regenerator as Slowbro plans to switch often.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 168 HP, 88 Spe
Moveset: HP Fire, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Flash Cannon

Magnezone traps the hefty steels that Dragonite can't break down reliably. 88 Speed allows him to outrun plenty of the 0 speed steels. Flash Cannon takes out pesky fairy types, slow volt switch for safe entry with the rest of the team and thunderbolt for his primary STAB. It's a standard set that's tried and true.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 4 SpDef
Moveset: Overheat, Wil-o-Wisp, Volt Switch, Trick

I threw around a couple of options for this final slow but settled with Rotom-H. With scarf and mazimum speed investments he's very fast. Overheat for STAB fire type nuke (Which typically requires me to switch after), Volt switch allows him to service as a great scout, Wil-O-Wisp to cripple or wear the enemy down and Trick is the best part of this build. It allows him to wreck any enemy sweeper or wall that relies on setup.

I'd really like some feedback on this team. I'm curious as to how you all would improve upon it. It's worked fairly well for my wifi battles. (I still use cartridge) Any tips or suggestions are welcome.

hey, just a quick suggestion here, perhaps switch the specs on magnezone to a scarf as while still trapping scizor and other steels, it can't really do much else if it isn't scarfed as stuff like Landorus and Excadrill both block your volt switch and most times will always kill, you also need to be exceptionally wary of scarf mold breaker Excadrill as it can also hit the Rotom H due to it negating Levitate

it also appears you don't have a super good switch in on weavile- while scarftom out speeds it can't switch in or it loses its main niche on the team as a scarfer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)