Drifblim (Heat Rampage)

Azure Demon

Yeah...... I'll keep unburden thank you. Driflimb spatk is great as is and if I want more I just use calm mind.
Plus if explosion is on my set I dont exactly think it's wise to weaken it not only because it's physical but also because defense not halved by it anymore

With guts you still lose hp. Yes you lose hp, but it is essentially used as a life orb here anyway, and if anything its better because it give you pseudo status immunity

The importantant thing though is guts works with any status, so you truly don't have to take 12% from burn every time. That includes sleep, burn, para, poison, toxic any of these count for guts
And no guts is not like a life or life orb is 10% burn and poison are 12% toxic I believe begins at 12% then doubles and can't be control like life orb can. I don't have to take damage from life orb the turns I want to set up or the times I'm recovering

Either that or chestorest + unburden + acrobat.

Sad thing is, Drifblim's physical movepool basically consists of acrobat + sucker punch + return. I guess you could use some kind of mixed set

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I can't see the benefit of using Heat Rampage Blim and not CM+Salac Unburden Blim.

Speed really hurts the potential of a sweep and Unburden+Salac helps remedy this somewhat, at least.

Would have been loads better, in my opinion, if Heat Rampage upped physical attack. But that is more due to my interest in Body Slam Drifblim.

Itd be great if he could have trick heat rampage. Its still not a terrible choice, as his SpA when burned will beat any of the other ghosts without choice specs, he could kinda run a bulkier sweeper... but it still falls easy do to slowly being whittled away by burn. Another thing to point out sadly, is that flame orb doesn't activate if you switch in on an attack so you gotta wait a turn in the ring, or run protect, b4 you get that burn boost.

If you run a TW team and can neutralize any Cleric you pop this guy out in the end game and you have a decent chance of sweeping with Evil Eye.

Strangly enough, drifblim gets skill swap from the dream world, to go with heat rampage, which could be an interesting tactic in multibattles. One prospect i like with this in particular is in conjunction with lightning rod zapdos or volt absorb jolteon. You give them a 50% boost to their special attack (provided you make them hold a flame orb), and they can spam powered up discharges like no tomorrow (since you now have a nice electric immunity from the skill swap). Tough strategy to pull off but could be loads of fun.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to bump this thread with some of my own content.

So basically, let's assume some of your teammates have a trouble Pokemon to contend with, and unfortunately, that Pokemon is either really hard to stop or is very common in the current OU metagame. Let's say you have a mono attacking Suicune who really needs to eliminate Water Absorbers, or a Psychic-type mono attacker who desperately needs Dark-types out of the way. I recently "created" a Drifblim support created to defeat a variety of overspecific threats and support at the same time.

Pokemon: Drifblim
Name: Support Killer (Substitute + Unburden)
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Destiny Bond
move 3: Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
move 4: Thunder Wave / Toxic
item: Salac Berry / "Super Effective Berry"
ability: Unburden
nature: Bold / Calm
EVs: 16 HP / 150 Def / 252 SpD / 92 Spe
(or pretty much any defensive spread you opt for, as long as you have a leftovers number and some Speed EVs)

So the point of this set is to wall and cripple as much as possible before going down. You must activate your Salac berry to be as fast as possible and activate Unburden. As the people say these days, Drifblim won't "come quietly"; the opponent will most likely be eager to get rid of Drifblim before he can do anything else. Before your opponent defeats Dirfblim, it can use Destiny Bond to take the opposing Pokemon down as well. With a Speed boost and the Unburden boost, Drifblim (with this spread) outspeeds Modest Kingdra in the Rain and survives most of its attacks to go into Salac range. Sometimes, a Pokemon is powerful enough to let you activate the speed boosts without substitute, though you shouldn't be cocky against boosted attacks (like Darkrai's boosted Dark Pulse). As long as you aren't against a priority or someone who chooses to use Leech Seed / Toxic, Drifblim should be able to take down AT LEAST one Pokemon.

As for the EVs, I'm using this one to take advantage of Will-o-Wisp and maxed out Special Defense. The Speed EVs is for....no specific purpose, but it outspeeds plenty of Swift Swimmers and Chlorophyll abusers (and to a lesser extent, unboosted Doryuuzu) after the speed boosts.

This Drifblim, again, can be used to defeat an overspecific threat and support the team at the same time. In my personal experience, Drifblim does well against Shaymin-S, Deoxys, Tyranitar, Politoed, Abomasnow, defensive walls and Ninetales. In the case of Shaymin-S, it usually flinches me into Salac range so I could Destiny Bond it, even if it's behind a Substitute. I've also done decently against Inconsistent Octillery, who chooses to use Boiling Water on me rather than Toxic. As long as Octillery doesn't use Toxic or get +6 boosts, I could also KO Octillery, and theoretically, any Inconsistent user.

I've been rather happy with using this Drifblim because it has the ability to kill your team's worst weaknesses for match-ups. It also helped spread around some useful status that proved useful in later turn. Though the set is perquisite, tell me what you guys think.

Also, I think the thread title should be changed to simply "Drifblim" with the Pokemon tab.

Strangly enough, drifblim gets skill swap from the dream world, to go with heat rampage, which could be an interesting tactic in multibattles. One prospect i like with this in particular is in conjunction with lightning rod zapdos or volt absorb jolteon. You give them a 50% boost to their special attack (provided you make them hold a flame orb), and they can spam powered up discharges like no tomorrow (since you now have a nice electric immunity from the skill swap). Tough strategy to pull off but could be loads of fun.
What about Grass monkey using Role Play?

Pokemon: Drifblim
Name: Support Killer (Substitute + Unburden)
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Destiny Bond
move 3: Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
move 4: Thunder Wave / Toxic
item: Salac Berry / "Super Effective Berry"
ability: Unburden
nature: Bold / Calm
EVs: 16 HP / 150 Def / 252 SpD / 92 Spe
I like the idea of this. But Will-o-Wisp kinda confuses me a bit. Wouldn't it be counter productive in that you want your substitutes broken so you can get the speed boost and Destiny Bond? I think Thunder Wave and Toxic are much better, or even Shadow Ball for STAB because two status moves is kinda redundant (although nice to have options)

I guess Will-o-Wisp could work depending on the pokemon you want to stop, but there a bunch of things that could use Will-o-Wisp that are faster and may not require to be as specialized as Drifblim.

breh

強いだね
I'm just going to note that Flame Orb gives Modest Drifblim about the same SpA as a base 111 pokemon with Life Orb.

Flame Orb seems unfortunate with Sandstorm being everywhere though.

Is there any possibility of an Unburden/Acrobat set? He's lacking in physical moves, but maybe Sub with Unburden and a Berry of some kind could work...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)