Dual Weather: Raining Sand

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my second RMT. My first was posted a few weeks ago, and while it was created to provide the best coverage possible, it fell short by not having a clearly defined goal. Now I decided to make a rain/sand team, because I like trying to create teams that can catch people by surprise. I wondered about whether I should have used sun instead of sand, but decided that sand is used more often, so I could probably get better rates for it. I worked this out mainly on PO, so I'm not sure if it will work in the current metagame. Anyway, on to the team:

Politoed@Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252Hp/252Def/4SpDef
Ability: Drizzle
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Protect
What rain team would be a rain team without Drizzle Politoed? This is the standard bulky set. Scald to provide a STAB and stop me becoming Taunt bait, Toxic to status other walls and tanks, Perish Song to stop (or at least slow down) set-up sweepers, and Protect to give me an extra turn of Leftovers recovery.

Rotom-W@Choice Scarf
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 4Hp/252SpAtk/252Spe
Ability: Levitate
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Volt Switch
Yet another set I modified to suit the needs of my team. Thunder over the more common Thunderbolt, to take advantage of the 100% accuracy boost. Hydro Pump for Ground types that can absorb Thunder, Trick to catch a set-up sweeper on their boosting move, and Volt Turn to create the first half of the Volt-Turn combo. Which leads me to:

Scizor@Life Orb
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
EVs: 4Hp/252Atk/252Spe
Ability: Technician
- Swords Dance
- U-Turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
I started using this set on my first team, and it's absolutely fantastic. He gets a boost from both rain and sand. Swords Dance to boost its already high attack even higher. U-Turn forms the second half of the Volt-Turn combo, Bullet Punch as the main STAB, as after 1 Swords Dance it can inflict a ton of damage on almost anything. Pursuit is to trap Lati@s who are choice-locked into a Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor and murder them, whether they stay in or switch out.

Espeon@Light Clay
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 252Hp/4SpAtk/252Spe
Nature:Magic Bounce
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Espeon is amazing, and the only member of my team who doesn't receive a boost from weather. I started using him at Dragone's advice (Thanks, BTW), and have never looked back. This is a dual-screener set, which provides a huge boost to my team. Psychic is the main STAB attack and, coming off of 130 base Special Attack, hits anything hard, even with minimal EV investment. Hidden Power Ice is to take out opposing dragons, as they can give this team a ton of trouble. Magic Bounce is to reflect SR, Spikes and status back.

Tyranitar@Chople Berry
Careful Nature (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
EVs: 252Hp/4Atk/252SpDef
Ability: Sand Stream
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
This is the standard Specially Defensive set. I debated for a while between this and Specially Defensive Heatran, but I like Tyranitar more, and summoning permanent sand is important if I'm going to run a dual-weather team.

Landorus@Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
EVs: 4Hp/252Atk/252Spe
Ability: Sand Force
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- Hammer Arm
This is the last member of my team. I chose him because of the boost he gets from the sand, but I really don't like it that much. I'm using a standard moveset. EQ as a powerful STAB, Stone Edge to take out flying types. U-Turn for scouting, Hammer Arm for Air Balloon users.

So that's my team; any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I already notice a huge weakness to dragons, but I don't know what I would replace.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Locked under rule three. Expand your descriptions and I'll re-open this. PM me your fixes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)