Elgyem

It also gets Twave and Toxic, but Twave negates Analytic, and everything gets Toxic(I once used No Guard Golurk with Toxic. True story). I don't know what else it gets in the way of support.

The only other options I can think of are Calm Mind and Charge Beam. Charge Beam could be slashed on the set I gave as you can use it to KO a weaker mon and hope for the boost.
Just like the NP set, Elgyem doesn't have any chance of setting up CM because it's bulk isn't good enough to take a hit. Charge Beam is an option, but choosing what to get rid of over it is the problem. If you drop HP Fight, Scraggy can set-up. If you drop Shadow Ball, Misdreavus has a fun time. If you get rid of Recover, then it can't stay in at all, let alone switch in. And plus, it couldn't really KO a weaker mon because it's so slow. It either gets KOed on the spot or takes extreme damage.

SpecsX said:
I don't know what else it gets in the way of support.
Pretty much what's listed in OP is what it gets. I looked it up on Serebii and it had literally nothing else to offer in the way of support.

EDIT: So I did some damage calcs against DD Scraggy vs the set given to me by Corkscrew. The results were... saddening.

Code:
236Atk +1 lvl 5 Scraggy (+Atk) Crunch vs 0HP/0Def Eviolite lvl 5 Elgyem (Neutral): 118% - 145% (26 - 32 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
236Atk lvl 5 Scraggy (+Atk) Crunch vs 0HP/0Def Eviolite lvl 5 Elgyem (Neutral): 81% - 109% (18 - 24 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 33% chance to OHKO.	
240SpAtk Analytic lvl 5 Elgyem (+SAtk) Hidden Power (Fighting) vs 0HP/36SpDef Eviolite lvl 5 Scraggy (Neutral): 57% - 76% (12 - 16 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.	
240SpAtk lvl 5 Elgyem (+SAtk) Hidden Power (Fighting) vs 0HP/36SpDef Eviolite lvl 5 Scraggy (Neutral): 47% - 66% (10 - 14 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 38% chance to 2HKO.
tl;dr
  • Scraggy can easily set up against Elgyem because HP Fight can't OHKO, and then KO it back with Crunch.
  • Even without the DD boost, Crunch still has a decent chance to OHKO while still doing tons of damage.
  • Elgyem fails to KO it whether it gets the Analytic boost or not.

So there's the small hope that we had, pretty much gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)