Def:60
Sp.Atk:75
Sp.Def: 60
Spd: 103

Traits:
Static
Motor Drive (Dream World)

Level Up Moves:
[#587]: Lv1: ThunderShock, Lv4: Quick Attack, Lv7: Tail Whip, Lv10: Charge, Lv13: Spark, Lv16: Pursuit, Lv19: Double Team, Lv22: Shock Wave, Lv26: [M486], Lv30: [M512], Lv34: Light Screen, Lv38: Encore, Lv42: [M521], Lv46: Agility, Lv50: Discharge (One of the numbered one's is Electi ball, which is why I'm writing this).

Egg Moves:
Roost
Iron Tail
Astonish
Air Slash
Shock Wave
Charm
Covet
Tickle
Baton Pass

TM's/HM's:

Learnable TMs: , TM06 - Toxic, TM10 - Hidden Power, TM12 - Taunt, TM16 - Light Screen, TM17 - Protect, TM18 - Rain Dance, TM21 - Frustration, TM24 - Thunderbolt, TM25 - Thunder, TM27 - Return, TM32 - Double Team, TM40 - Aerial Ace, TM42 - Facade, TM44 - Rest, TM45 - Attract, TM48 - Troll, TM56 - Fling, TM57 - Charge Beam, TM62 - Acrobat, TM70 - Flash, TM72 - Volt Charge, TM73 - Thunder Wave, TM87 - Swagger, TM89 - U-Turn, TM90 - Substitute, TM93 - Wild Bolt, HM01 - Cut

Possible Movesets:

Offensive/Support

Emonga @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
Trait: Motor Drive (Static if Motor Drive isn't compatiable)
- Electi-Ball
- Encore
- Air Slash/Baton Pass
- Agility

This set aims to take advantage of the new electric type reverse Gyro Ball(Takes into account how fast the use is, rather than how slow). Emonga boasts a unique 103 base speed sitting it at 335 (502 After a Motor Drive Boost, 607 after Agility). Bring Emonga in on either an Electric or Ground type move, either Encore if you predict that they'll try staying in to hit it with another move or use Agility if you predict a switch out. Baton Pass is utilized so that Emonga's Agilities don't go to waste.

Baton Pass Support:

Emonga @ Lefties/Petaya Berry
Trait: Static (Motor Drive if compatible)
- Thunderbolt/Charge Beam
- Encore
- Agility/Substitute
- Baton Pass

A pure baton passing set. Bring Emonga in on a common ground attack. Make an assessment of the situation to determine if you'd like to use Encore, Agility or Substitute. Charge Beam may be used if you'd like to pass more sp.atk boosts.

Emonga certainly is quite a set up from last generation's electric rodent. It's two immunities grant it an opportunity to switch in and either set up for an offensive strike or a more focused supporting role with the pure Baton Passing set.

Overall, I think it's a very cute pokemon that may have a role somewhere in the metagame. I don't think it should be overlooked just because it's cute.

Please feel free to post a set or suggestion of your own.

P.S.

I'm well aware of it's limitations based on it's stats so please don't turn this into "it's NU, it'll never amount to anything thread" :/

Thank you

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Roost and Eleci-Ball makes Emonga stand out from the other electric rodents. A parahax set might be fun in the lower tiers:

Eleci @ leftovers
Timid nature
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe

-Thunder Wave
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Swagger (lol, only 26% chance of attacking)/Eleci Ball/Baton Pass

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to Baton Pass the speed boost gained by Motor Drive?

I don't think Motor Drive is compatible with Baton Pass since it's a Dream World ability and BP is an egg move. That said, I think Encore is its best asset given the 103 speed. It can easily set up a Sub on an Encore'd support move and pass it to something. It should also make use of Taunt somewhere, not necessarily on the same set.

@Limewire

I thought of using a set like that, but Emonga's defenses are so low, I didn't think it viable.

@Wanderer
You're right. I'll make the appropriate changes to the OP.

Also, I wish I knew what some of the other unrevealed moves were. Perhaps, I'm missing a move that could of been viable. Could anyone assist with this?

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
M512- Acrobat. Physical Flying. 55 BP. Allows user to hit opposite opponent in Triple battles. meh.

M521- Volt Charge. Special Electric. 70 BP. Basically a special U-turn. Could have some potential.

Well, it hasn't been confirmed that Dream World abilities can't be bred, so don't scrap the idea just yet. The ability to instantly pass +1 speed is pretty fearsome.

How about a scarf set to take advantage of Eleci Ball?

Emonga @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid

~ Eleci Ball
~ Volt Change / U-turn
~ HP Ice / HP Grass
~ (Filler)

Come in on an electric attack and Emonga will be so fast that Eleci Ball is gonna wreck some shit. Volt Change can be used to scout, U-turn if you're scared of grounds. HP for coverage. Too bad its special movepool is nonexistant, I was actually looking forward to using this guy.

M512- Acrobat. Physical Flying. 55 BP. Allows user to hit opposite opponent in Triple battles. meh.

M521- Volt Charge. Special Electric. 70 BP. Basically a special U-turn. Could have some potential.
Thank you. I think Volt Charge does have potential. Although, I wonder if you still switch out if a pokemon is ground?

Well, it hasn't been confirmed that Dream World abilities can't be bred, so don't scrap the idea just yet. The ability to instantly pass +1 speed is pretty fearsome.
I hope so.

How about a scarf set to take advantage of Eleci Ball?

Emonga @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid

~ Eleci Ball
~ Volt Change / U-turn
~ HP Ice / HP Grass
~ (Filler)

Come in on an electric attack and Emonga will be so fast that Eleci Ball is gonna wreck some shit. Volt Change can be used to scout, U-turn if you're scared of grounds. HP for coverage. Too bad its special movepool is nonexistant, I was actually looking forward to using this guy.
Yeah, a scarf set was a tad obvious. I'd use Encore as a filler move, to handle stat up'ers in an emergency.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
On the choice scarf set, I would probably use Air Slash since it gets stab, flinch hax and is all around a good move.

An interesting poke, a shame its stats are so poor though. Great typing and speed could give it a chance.

On the choice scarf set, I would probably use Air Slash since it gets stab, flinch hax and is all around a good move.

An interesting poke, a shame its stats are so poor though. Great typing and speed could give it a chance.
The reason I didn't list Air Slash is because of the egg move / dream world issue. We don't know if they're mututally exclusive yet.

Well why would you want Motor Drive on a CS pokemon anyways? Wouldn't static be the better of the two options?
Motor Drive is the ideal trait on the CS pokemon because of Electraball. The faster it is, the more damage it does.

Charge may be usable on the BP set, if the Sp.Def boost is passable.

A note about Acrobat, when the pokemon isn't holding an item, then the power doubles. A good set for Emonga might be something like this.

Emonga @Leichi
Jolly
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd

-Acrobat
-Substitute
-Spark/ Wild Bolt (A bit risky)
-Encore

Baton Pass Support:

Emonga @ Lefties/Petaya Berry
Trait: Static (Motor Drive if compatible)
- Thunderbolt/Charge Beam
- Encore
- Agility/Substitute
- Baton Pass
On the baton pass set, maybe Air Slash as the Stab move of choice.
Even though it has very less base power over the eletric moves that you listed it has a few advantages that should be considered:
1- Nothing is immune to flying moves (that not true for eletric moves)
2-It has a chance of flinching and considering Emonga good base speed it could be somewhat usefull.
Edit: Unless, of course, it is illegall with baton pass

I'm running this guy regardless of what tiers are what. He's one of the coolest looking Pokemon's out there lol. Well to me at least. His stats are OK and I'm fine with OK stats, his looks totally make up for it. I just think its so awesome how he looks so happy and harmless lol.

103 speed makes it faster than Garchomp, and it's immune to the ground STAB too. The idea of somehow screwing over the uber of last generation with something so apparently innocent appeals to me. :P It'll probably die if it comes in on the wrong move, though...

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It looks like an interesting support pokemon. I thought he would be trash like Pachirisu but his stats aren't terrible.

Good News! The Dream World abilities are now able to be bred!

On the baton pass set, maybe Air Slash as the Stab move of choice.
Even though it has very less base power over the eletric moves that you listed it has a few advantages that should be considered:
1- Nothing is immune to flying moves (that not true for eletric moves)
2-It has a chance of flinching and considering Emonga good base speed it could be somewhat usefull.
Edit: Unless, of course, it is illegall with baton pass
It isn't and I think you do have a good point. Having no immunities and flinch potential is good.

I'm running this guy regardless of what tiers are what. He's one of the coolest looking Pokemon's out there lol. Well to me at least. His stats are OK and I'm fine with OK stats, his looks totally make up for it. I just think its so awesome how he looks so happy and harmless lol.
Absolutely adorable, and his stats are usable.

103 speed makes it faster than Garchomp, and it's immune to the ground STAB too. The idea of somehow screwing over the uber of last generation with something so apparently innocent appeals to me. :P It'll probably die if it comes in on the wrong move, though...
:o Just try to bring it in on SD or EQ and your good to go.

A note about Acrobat, when the pokemon isn't holding an item, then the power doubles. A good set for Emonga might be something like this.

Emonga @Leichi
Jolly
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd

-Acrobat
-Substitute
-Spark/ Wild Bolt (A bit risky)
-Encore
This is certainly something that I haven't thought about. A physical set. I think that it's certainly viable, however I'd slash Encore with BP, so the boosts aren't wasted.

I find that hard to believe, since Manambou looks exactly like Luvdisc's evolved form.
It's true. There are absolutely NO old Pokemon in Gen 5 untill after you get the national dex (or get them from the dream world). I thought the same thing.

It's been confirmed that you CAN breed dream world abilities.

Emonga looks to be a pretty fun pokemon.
He's got a great typing, a nice dual stab, and a decent movepool.
How I wish he had an evolution.
:/

When I first saw this thing I was like AHHHH FLYING SQUIRREL OF DEATH, but this thing does have potential in the lower tiers, because its defences are crap. I would probably end up using a set of volt change/air slash/thunderbolt/HP ice with a scarf attatched

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)