Pinkman (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

So I built this team around Entei, after I was touched in a special place by the basedlord CTC's fire verse on the Pokemon Cypher. It's got some issues, though, and I'd love for you guys to take a look.

I started off with my boy Banded ENDtei. S ranked in the tier, broken Sacred Fire.

Grass types go really well with Entei, so earlier iterations of this team had stuff like Mega Sceptile and Celebi, but they never really clicked. I saw Entei/Abomasnow in blunder's live and figured why not.

Tentacruel completed the FWG core and provided hazard control.

Scarf Mienshao serves as a fast late-game cleaner after Abomasnow and Entei weaken things.

Gligar gave me rocks and a decent Fighting switch-in, since Tentacruel wasn't the best Fighting resist.

Originally it was Snorlax in the last slot, but the team was too ridiculously Fighting weak. Offensive CM Sylveon replaced him.

The Team:

ENDtei (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Bulldoze
- Extreme Speed

Standard Choice Band Entei, breaks just about every Pokemon in the tier with annoying burns from Sacred Fire and the nuke known as Flare Blitz, with Espeed to revenge kill. Bulldoze versus Stone Edge is personal preference, but I like Bulldoze to better punish Water types like Empoleon and Tentacruel, but I rarely ever end up clicking it over one of the less punishing alternatives. Serves as a wallbreaker for the likes of Mienshao, Ice Shard, and its own Espeed.

Mr. White (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Shard

Mega Abomasnow takes on opposing Water, Ground, and Grass types that can be a problem for Entei. I prefer the special set because a) abusing 100% accurate Blizzards is juicy, and b) I can switch into Intimidate and burns with relative impunity. Set is relatively standard, with Blizzard for abuse, Giga Drain for bulky Waters, HP Fire for Steel types and Ice Shard to revenge kill things, because you can't ever have too much priority. Entei isn't necessarily a switch-in to things that threaten Mega Abomasnow, like Aerodactyl and Tentacruel, but nonetheless they have a strong offensive synergy and are capable of breaking down opposing walls with relative ease.

Splash on yo bitch (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Pretty standard Tentacruel as well, compresses the role of bulky Water, hazard control, and hazard user into one. The set used to be 96+ Spe Timid, but I've run into so few Mamoswines that I definitely appreciate the Defense investment way more. Serve as a Fighting resist, a one-time Aerodactyl, Darmanitan, and Hydreigon switchin. Scald burns help wear things down, and Toxic Spikes are somewhat useful as another way to whittle. Probably one of the Pokemon I'm least comfortable with, but the role compression is really nice to have without compounding a Fighting weakness with a Defogger like Empoleon.

Accept the feet (Mienshao) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Standard Scarf Mienshao. High Jump Kick pretty much cleans up everything, OKHOing such threats as Mega Aerodactyl and Hydreigon, and 2HKOing other Pokemon like Mega Blastoise and Conkeldurr. Basically, Mienshao's job is to make use of Entei and Abomasnow's slow wallbreaking capabilities to clean up after them. HJK is clicked 90% of the time.

Pinkman (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

Originally a Rocky Helmet Krookodile, Gligar is another Fighting resist for Mega Abomasnow and provides some much-needed physical defense. Rocks, EQ, and Roost are a given, and U-turn is a cool fourth moveslot that's really useful. Switch Gligar into something like Mega Aerodactyl, Crobat, Infernape, Cobalion, and most other physical attackers, and you can U-turn out on the switch for momentum. U-turn also has the added benefit of surprising Celebi - on multiple occasions Celebi comes in on the switch or after a teammate faints, and attempts to Nasty Plot up on Gligar. U-turn into Mienshao's U-turn either picks up the KO or nets a lot of momentum essentially for free.

CTC Himself (Sylveon) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass

Calm Mind Sylveon was added pretty late, replacing Curselax. This team was way too weak to Hydreigon, Mega Blastoise, and Fighting types, so Sylveon handles those pretty well. I used to love Specs Sylveon until a friend of mine suggested CM + Pixie Plate, which nets pretty much the same damage unboosted but allows you to power up against more passive opponents. The speed EVs are my own and not particularly optimized - I invested enough to outspeed max Speed Adamant Conkeldurr, but that may not be too worth it. I've never been great at using Wish/Protect fat Sylveon and this team needed a setup win condition of some kind, so that sort of hybrid is what I've got here.​

Threats:

Few Fighting resists means that Gligar is hard-pressed to defend against everything. It's not so bad now that Sylveon's on the team, but there are definitely still problems with physical defense in general.

Darmanitan's incredibly powerful Flare Blitz OHKOs or 2HKOs essentially my entire team. If I predict a lead incorrectly, it basically picks up a kill.

Scald + Aura Sphere + Dark Pulse covers just about my entire team save Tentacruel and Sylveon. Tentacruel's game plan it to Scald burn it as we get 3HKOd by Dark Pulse. Sylveon doesn't take Scalds well either, especially given that it's a more offensive set.

0 Switchins if Sylveon gets overloaded by other threats.

Thanks for reading and giving help! I definitely want to keep Entei + Mega Abomasnow but the rest are fair game for improvement.​

So, I really liked how your team is looking. It's not even close to standard Bulky Offense, but it looks that it's working really well. I'd like to see some replays, if you could post it later I'll see how you're playing with the team. However, I feel that you are really weak to two kind of Pokémon: Fighting-types and Fire-types. Pokémon such as Bulk Up Conkeldurr paired with other balance breakers can crush your team, another Pokémon that is really dangerous is Choice Band Mienshao, that may be uncommon, but it is really hard to get past this with Sylveon, since you're not taking two High Jump Kicks, and Tentacruel and Gligar aren't guaranteed switch-ins because Mienshao U-Turns out. How you mentioned, Darmanitan is really hard to switch-in, but I find that if your opponent has Entei you have no counterplay. Tentacruel isn't a Fire resist at all, as it don't have the necessary bulk to wall Entei, and it is still faster than Tentacruel. I suggest you to do some changes to improve your matchup versus some bulkier squads. Hydreigon and Mega Aerodactyl are huge threats too, since Hydreigon can 2HKO the entire team if it has Iron Tail and Mega Aerodactyl setups Hone Claws with easy when it's 1v1-ing Gligar. Gyarados is probably the most dangerous threat since if it setups one single Dragon Dance it 2HKOes your entire team.

First of all, I'll replace Gligar with Swampert. This may be the most important and significative change that you could do, since Swampert is better than Gligar overall. It's not reliant on its Item (although Gligar isn't that reliant on Eviolite), it's a better Fire resist, it's still a Ground and Flying check and a better answer to setup sweepers like Dragon Dance Gyarados. Not to mention that Scald is always nice to defeat Pokémon that are much worse while burned. I can't see how Gligar is helping you versus Fighting-types since it's a setup fodder versus Bulk Up Conkeldurr (aka the best set) and Swords Dance Heracross, Ground-types are always dangerous to Gligar anyway since they run coverage moves and Flying-types are always dangerous. I understand that you can still U-Turn in Mega Aerodactyl and then switch to Mienshao to OHKO it with Stone Edge, but it is a really risky strategy.

My next suggestion is running Defensive Sylveon over your set. Defensive Sylveon helps your team a lot with Wish and Heal Bell support, not to mention that it's a much better Bulk Up (or Assault Vest) Conkeldurr answer. With this change, Fighting-types aren't huge problems anymore. The Heal Bell support is really, really useful to your team because it's always helping versus Scald burns, Toxic and Thunder Wave users. You'll not like have your speed control (Mienshao) burned or paralyzed, right? Wish support is really nice too, since it's giving you a way to restore your health and a way to heal your teammates, more specially Abomasnow and Swampert, that are key Pokémon on your team.

My last big suggestion is changing your Tentacruel EV Spread. You said that you tried to use a Timid version with 96 Speed but it doesn't work because outspeeding Mamoswine isn't that useful, right? But have you tried the 192+ Spe / 240 HP / 76 Def version? It's working really well actually since Tentacruel cripples Krookodile, Nidoqueen and Mamoswine right now, and I find that this change is really significant because you are lacking a Krookodile switch-in, since it easily defeats Abomasnow with Superpower (Abomasnow is basically your only switch) and Swampert is easily worn down with Knock Off + Earthquake.

I think that it's all. The most of the threats to your team are walled by Sylveon and Swampert, and you are able to defeat Krookodile without much efforts right now. The only thing that I think that is dangerous right now is Celebi, but you can get past it playing well with Tentacruel + Mienshao mindgames.

Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Bulldoze
- Extreme Speed

Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Shard

Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Pinkman (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

CTC Himself (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

(if you use Shiny Swampert you can keep it with the same nickname as Gligar :3)

Last edited:
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Bulldoze
- Extreme Speed

Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Shard

Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Pinkman (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

CTC Himself (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
I like all these changes a lot. Thank you so much! I'll play around with them. Might not have too much time to play for some replays for a day or two, but I'll do it when I get the chance.

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
sup brother, thought I would give other team raters a chance for once and Mr. Highways I liked most of his changes, although I just have a few more recommendations in changing:
---->

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 208 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

• Reason I want you to do this along with the changes Highways recommended you is because simply put your team has no switch in to psyshock, to be more specific if a reuniclus gets a cm off on your team your only hopes of stopping it is clicking haze with cruel and trying to nuke it with entei. That plan won't work in the long run trust me, so running taunt mandi you can prevent rocks from going up as well as cripple opposing walls on the enemy team.
-Another change I would like to add is to your abomasnow set:

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Ice Shard

• Honestly I feel like the bulk rarely comes into play and being able to out speed scald users like empoleon and defensive swampert is really nice. The focus blast I recommend since even if you do end up giving forre an extra turn being able to kill mons like cobalion in one move on switch in is pretty big since a lot of offence teams will be using that as a switch in most of the time. Up to you though man.
Cool team I hope you continue to have fun with it man n_n/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)